Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EM's piggy bank against margin calls ...

I think Elon should sell 10 billion dollars worth of his Space X holdings to inventors. This sale should be non-voting shares which should be easy enough to do with a private company. Then use that money to retire his debt, bank about 1/2 billion and use the rest to start buying Tesla shares.

This forum can be so delusional it’s scary at times. Fred has an anonymous employee on record reporting this, the employee could be easily be wrong which makes the lack of Tesla statement regarding this to be concerning.

Also there has been scuttlebutt about Jb leaving ever since his startup became public knowledge.

Where do you think JB Straubel should be focusing his time?

Should it be at the headquarters in Palo Alto, or should it be at the Gigafactory where they make the batteries and motors?

How many awesome unicorn scale opportunities does Tesla have? I just started listing the obvious ones. What’s missing?
  • Semi
  • Roadster
  • Y
  • 3 expansion
  • Economy car
  • Simplified production of S and X
  • Robotaxi
  • China expansion
  • Charging
  • App store
  • WiFi
  • Insurance
  • Air conditioning
  • Emission credits
  • Solar
  • Storage
  • Logistics
  • Drones
  • Aerospace

If (and yes, this is a huge if) they solve autonomous driving, I foresee that Tesla's experience with machine learning/deep learning will open up a vast amount of possibilities in other fields as well. They will have proven they have the best AI engineers, which can lead to advanced robotics with AI, autonomous snake charging, the machine that builds the machine 2.0, and that's barely even scratching the surface of what they'll be able to do with AI.

Thought's for the weekend.
IF your feeling mad/sad about these short term stock movement's....GO FOR A DRIVE in your miracle machine from the future.

IF you feel some effect from all the mud thrown Tesla's way from the usual suspect's......GO FOR A DRIVE in the best car you have ever owned.

IF you start to doubt the direction of this company and Elon......GO FOR A DRIVE in the ONLY pure electric car you can take anywhere.

I drove home last night around 11pm tired from a long day. I used NOA to help me take the stress out of the drive. When I step back and think about what the car does and how well it does it I am thrilled at the amazing opportunity's going forward. It is easy to loose sight of the continued improvement's in the car I own. I find myself slipping into that human condition known as "the way it is is the way it always will be" (not the scientific term) I find it hard at times to fully understand the amazing machine I own unless I experience it.

So for my final advice on this weekend:

GO FOR A DRIVE!

I think Elon should sell 10 billion dollars worth of his Space X holdings to inventors. This sale should be non-voting shares which should be easy enough to do with a private company. Then use that money to retire his debt, bank about 1/2 billion and use the rest to start buying Tesla shares.
He will have to pay like 1/3rd in taxes. Right?

I wonder if the buggy makers fought this hard and this dirty when the first of the horseless carriages started to pop up?
They did, but without the tools and controlled by six corporations media we have today. (Each paper in each city was usually independent of every other paper.) They did get some laws enacted where at night a person had to walk with a lantern in front of the car, and had some ditches dug across the road to break the cars' axles if they were going faster than a horse's walking speed.

Also there was a real pollution crisis due to all the horse droppings in the streets. In old cities, look at the way houses were built. There were a dozen or so steps up to the front door. There was a reason for this, and it wasn't because the architects wanted people to get more exercise. In England the first floor is the floor above street level, not the ground floor--meaning the first really usable floor.

Thought's for the weekend.
IF your feeling mad/sad about these short term stock movement's....GO FOR A DRIVE in your miracle machine from the future.

IF you feel some effect from all the mud thrown Tesla's way from the usual suspect's......GO FOR A DRIVE in the best car you have ever owned.

IF you start to doubt the direction of this company and Elon......GO FOR A DRIVE in the ONLY pure electric car you can take anywhere.

I drove home last night around 11pm tired from a long day. I used NOA to help me take the stress out of the drive. When I step back and think about what the car does and how well it does it I am thrilled at the amazing opportunity's going forward. It is easy to loose sight of the continued improvement's in the car I own. I find myself slipping into that human condition known as "the way it is is the way it always will be" (not the scientific term) I find it hard at times to fully understand the amazing machine I own unless I experience it.

So for my final advice on this weekend:

GO FOR A DRIVE!

I gave this a like just from the sentiment and keeping it in perspective point of view although I didn’t get this part.

“GO FOR A DRIVE in the ONLY pure electric car you can take anywhere.”

Reactions: UncaNed
He will have to pay like 1/3rd in taxes. Right?
I thought capital gains was 25%, but the accountants can probably figure out some way to reduce that. (e.g. An engineer and an accountant were interviewed. The hiring manager asked the engineer what 2+2 was. The engineer took out his calculator and came up with four. The account got up, checked outside the door, closed the curtains, and whispered in the manager's ear, "What would you like it to be?")

I thought capital gains was 25%, but the accountants can probably figure out some way to reduce that. (e.g. An engineer and an accountant were interviewed. The hiring manager asked the engineer what 2+2 was. The engineer took out his calculator and came up with four. The account got up, checked outside the door, closed the curtains, and whispered in the manager's ear, "What would you like it to be?")
state tax of likely 13.3% and cap gains is like 20%. i may be thinking too simply here. I am sure tax guys would know a better way. I think the best way for future would be to merge Spacex and increase Elon's share in the combine company to 35% or more. And then there will be new investors who will be interested in more than car (SpaceX will the first available option to invest in space)

Never thought it would come to this. But I am considering selling some Bitcoin to buy more TSLA.

I wonder if the buggy makers fought this hard and this dirty when the first of the horseless carriages started to pop up?

Possibly some buggy makers among the farmers back then. Soon I guess any car with autopilot must follow similar rules:

100 years ago, some people were REALLY hostile to the introduction of the automobile

But the most amusing (from today’s perspective) anti-automobile efforts happened in the Keystone State. At some point before 1910 (I can’t pin down the exact year), a group calling itself the Farmers’ Anti-Automobile Society of Pennsylvania proposed the following not-so-subtle additions to state law (emphasis added):

1. Automobiles traveling on country roads at night must send up a rocket every mile, then wait ten minutes for the road to clear. The driver may then proceed, with caution, blowing his horn and shooting off Roman candles, as before.

2. If the driver of an automobile sees a team of horses approaching, he is to stop, pulling over to one side of the road, and cover his machine with a blanket or dust cover which is painted or colored to blend into the scenery, and thus render the machine less noticeable.

3. In case a horse is unwilling to pass an automobile on the road, the driver of the car must take the machine apart as rapidly as possible and conceal the parts in the bushes.

Three more ships due to arrive in Zeebrugge on June 4th,12th, and likely 17 or 18th. So I guess this is going to be a busy delivery again.

This compares with only 2 arrived so far this quarter. So once again the last month will be 3 times the rush that previous.
Here comes the wave. One day we will look back on this time fondly as Tesla is hopefully operating like a well oiled machine haha

Here comes the wave. One day we will look back on this time fondly as Tesla is hopefully operating like a well oiled machine haha

I sense that day is not too far...may be after GF3 starts producing.

It is less about being well oiled machine (i think they are close to that in terms of manufacturing) but more about quarterly numbers and cash balance. Lets say the three ships arriving in EU are just held back or they get the ships but deliver slowly over the next months. They can do that but that will be a one quarter hit on inventory increase, reduced profitability, and more cash being held back.

Let's not forget that Tesla is going through an insane growth phase right now. There is no one factory (GF1, GF2, GF3, Fremont, Parts warehouse, etc) that isn't going through significant enhancements / tooling upgrades. Hence cash management is key.

Reactions: Vaamo and bdy0627
They did, but without the tools and controlled by six corporations media we have today. (Each paper in each city was usually independent of every other paper.) They did get some laws enacted where at night a person had to walk with a lantern in front of the car, and had some ditches dug across the road to break the cars' axles if they were going faster than a horse's walking speed.

A book that's changed my view on a lot of what's going on with the media and internet publishing was The Master Switch by Tim Wu. Highly recommended reading.

state tax of likely 13.3% and cap gains is like 20%. i may be thinking too simply here. I am sure tax guys would know a better way. I think the best way for future would be to merge Spacex and increase Elon's share in the combine company to 35% or more. And then there will be new investors who will be interested in more than car (SpaceX will the first available option to invest in space)

If in a few years Starlink is putting up $30b/year in revenue(conservative), with a 50%+ profit margin (also conservative), SpaceX would be worth an easy $300 billion.

Under such a scenario I find it unlikely also that SpaceX wouldn't buy a little Tesla stock/bonds if it has $15b+ a year in pure, raw profits to play with.

Not saying it’s impossible, but what evidence makes you state such strong conviction?

Even Elon’s email last week showed they’re still not at 7k/week average that is needed to get to 90k for the quarter. (Or are your expectations such that 75k-85k will make it a great quarter?)
7k plus SX=100,000. Not saying that’s what production will be, but he said 7k plus SX.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

How anyone can short this company is beyond me....so frustrating! Great succinct video showing what Tesla is and why a strong Tesla is good for America!

About 50-75% of the US's trade deficit the last 40+ years has been oil and automobiles....

Right now we are a net exporter of EVs because we build the best EVs in the world, and they don't need oil to power them.

If in a few years Starlink is putting up $30b/year in revenue(conservative), with a 50%+ profit margin (also conservative), SpaceX would be worth an easy $300 billion.

Under such a scenario I find it unlikely also that SpaceX wouldn't buy a little Tesla stock/bonds if it has $15b+ a year in pure, raw profits to play with.
If cash flow is positive end of quarter and the stock doesn’t go up, I do wonder if Elon would consider borrowing to buy up to 5 billion more in Tesla. His Spacex stake is now 17 billion. It would eliminate most of the float at this price and tighten his control.
I’ve always been skeptical of any mixing of assets and control, but I wonder if Elon’s silence on the stock price is opportunistic, or just wisdom that anything he says will be twisted.