Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I understand your point (you mean he lied to his clients? Say it ain't so!)**

But I suspected last night when Jonas published his about-face "Note to Clients" that he has early access to the Inside EVs numbers. Or at least a parallel private source based on the public InsideEVs methodolgy.

**EDIT: /S
No, it just means his company / important clients are done buying.

The Roadster at $200k is really too cheap. I hope they only produce 5,000 a year, people have to wait in line to get one, also they will have to pass screening and interviews to be eligible to buy the car. Price the SpaceX option at one million dollars and never drop the price... That's my hope, but Tesla doesn't do this sort of things.

Ferrari sold 9,000 cars in 2018, their market cap is close to $30B. Marketing strategy is as important as R&D.
Agreed, they should def sell for more than $200k. Upping the price a bit might even increase demand as it will make it more alluring/aspirational. Do limited runs. Build desire. That will drive higher margins.

It must be a real quandary for the Trump-haters on this blog to reconcile their potential Trump-replacement to be fraternizing with Chanos. I am not a political person. Just an honest observation.

I hate to give any credits to Trump, but if it wasn’t for him Tesla probably would not be owning 100% of GF3. The Chinese government agreed to relaxing the rules in a rare moment of weakness when they and Trump were just starting their tug of war.

If you buy shares today, you are a better investor than Larry Ellison, Saudi’s, and Cathie Wood (she went balls2walls at $235?). Think people. Retail can’t even buy this dip because most of us went all in at $250-$270. Tutes are literally stealing shares from shorts, weak swing traders and margined folk
You seem confident we've reached a bottom. So let's say we're back to $300 in a few months. Then what? Is this the last time we see these levels? Or will there be one more time before end of year? I think after 2019 there is very little chance we go under $300; maybe, if there is a recession & broad sell off.

Just came across a great video (from Teslarati article) that does a superior job in convincing patriots to buy Teslas.

Saw many accounts here of people being unable to talk even their relatives into owning a Tesla.

I think this video might do a better job than you (in some cases). I'm going to bookmark it and keep handy just in case.

Ha, he brought up Jonas’ question about Tesla Terminators, but misattributed it to “a reporter”. Too bad, that. I want as many people as humanly possible to know he asked that question.

Had a debate with a republican about Tesla. In their camp, they were saying how climate change is fake news. I said even if it's fake news, driving cars that uses gas funds terrorism. All of a sudden this shut them right up. What a good video, brought up points I never considered and it's absolutely fantastic to convince a diehard climate change denier republican.

I always bothers me how with certain people you can't appeal to their intellect and convince them with just data and seeing where the experts lay. You have to appeal to their emotions using things they're scared of.

Had a debate with a republican about Tesla. In their camp, they were saying how climate change is fake news. I said even if it's fake news, driving cars that uses gas funds terrorism. All of a sudden this shut them right up. What a good video, brought up points I never considered and it's absolutely fantastic to convince a diehard climate change denier republican.

I mean, beyond all that, they’re just better cars. Less maintenance, lower fuel cost, far better performance, better handling, better towing capability, better features across the board. As Joe Rogan said, gas cars are stupid.

Great, now would you care to pick out all of the business deals he has had throughout his life that proved successful?

See, this is why these types of arguments are so clouded. Each opinion can cherry pick the facts that best support their opinion and exploit those to justify their particular view.

Sounds very much like the arguments surrounding Elon and Tesla. We surround ourselves with those that generally share our opinion. Our bias is our fortress. In the end we make our choices based on our own interprutations and any attempts to sway people on the other side are generally fruitless because they have come to their own conclusions that happen to be different from our own. Until they have accepted and embraced a new reality for themselves, their opinion will generally not be swayed by others.

Dan

I’m sorry, but why are we even talking about this orange a**hole on the Tesla investors forum? @Mods.....please can we curtail this ASAP

You seem confident we've reached a bottom. So let's say we're back to $300 in a few months. Then what? Is this the last time we see these levels? Or will there be one more time before end of year? I think after 2019 there is very little chance we go under $300; maybe, if there is a recession & broad sell off.
I’m not confident that we reached a bottom. I just think Tesla under $200 is borderline stupid. Go ahead and have a lower cost basis than Ron Baron. At these levels there is no medium-long term downside unless the company runs out of cash. Too many rich people that can keep this puppy afloat, especially with Elon being connected to SpaceX.

I don’t think we break $389 ever until we see someone like AAPL/GOOG take a 10-15% stake, or until autonomy shows more promise

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Robertj and dqd88

Depends on Tesla. If they lose massive amount of money again unexpectedly then we are back to the 180s.

The -700 million + we need to cut cost or else we lose money really scared off investors.
They just need to show them adding cash to the bank. Tesla is a time stock. The more time they are given to survive, the better it is. Time for this company solves everything..from adding more super chargers, to producing model Ys at scale, to having more gigafactories built. The more time they buy the better. -700 million/quarter doesn't exactly buy them a lot of time if it continues(and I guess this is the bearest interpretation of his leaked email).

So on paper, 4 SR+ can offset 10x more carbon going to the air than 1 roadster.
The "carbon offsets" come when the new Roadster owner parks his old Lambo/Ferrari/McLaren and hot chicks nolonger think they're cool. :cool:

BTW, agree on your point above, 10K Roadsters/yr is aspirational, and the only metric that matters is how much it REDUCES sales of the traditional Supercar brands.

Roadster will do to ICE Supercars what the Model 3 did to BMW sports sedans. I think Tony Stark was right: The best weapon is one you only have to fire once (hard-core smack down)

Cheers!

The Wall St pattern is that they will have 'concerns' about the Model Y ramp.