Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not at all honest, Chanos supporting Biden is a nothing burger compared to everything Trump has done, not even in the same league. Biden is far from ideal for many reasons but still magnitudes better than what we have.

If that is true, I need to call Joe up and clue him in. I think he'll want his campaign to return the Chanos money. :p

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Just came across a great video (from Teslarati article) that does a superior job in convincing patriots to buy Teslas.

Saw many accounts here of people being unable to talk even their relatives into owning a Tesla.

I think this video might do a better job than you (in some cases). I'm going to bookmark it and keep handy just in case.

Someone should play this video for Trump, lol.

Elon told Ryan McAffrey that Tesla's supply of battery cells will increase about the same time that Model Y production begins (currently slated for late 2020)….

So here's the good news that nobody is discussing: There is a step change in battery cell production in the pipeline for 2020H2.
Alternate interpretation: Panasonic's new jigs will ramp 2170 output late this year, in time to support initial Model Y production. Remember, on this same podcast he said building Model Y in Fremont will get them to market faster.

Pickup will have to wait, Semi is far more important, it's next.

My sentiments exactly. Trucking companies won’t have culture shock or prejudice when it comes to electrification. If it’s a better financial solution (e.g. adequate range with superior fuel and maintenance costs) they’ll be in. It could be a real rainmaker for Tesla. Plus the idea of Tesla field testing the Semi by trucking battery packs from Giga 1 to Fremont seems like a winner.

If it takes the Maxwell batteries to make the Semi practical, all the better. That gets them into the flow for eventual incorporation into the cars and pickup.

Just as the collective wisdom here has been predicting for some time now. Tesla's growth juxtaposed against otherwise industry wide declines should make even the dullest tools understand who the winners will be in the next phase of automobility
Wall Street Issues "Peak Car" Warning | CleanTechnica
upload_2019-6-4_20-58-9.png

Just came across a great video (from Teslarati article) that does a superior job in convincing patriots to buy Teslas.

Saw many accounts here of people being unable to talk even their relatives into owning a Tesla.

I think this video might do a better job than you (in some cases). I'm going to bookmark it and keep handy just in case.

Had a debate with a republican about Tesla. In their camp, they were saying how climate change is fake news. I said even if it's fake news, driving cars that uses gas funds terrorism. All of a sudden this shut them right up. What a good video, brought up points I never considered and it's absolutely fantastic to convince a diehard climate change denier republican.

Pickup will have to wait, Semi is far more important, it's next. Elon also implied up to 10K roadsters / yr x 200 KWh which is another pending 2 GWh/yr battery cell requirement.

Max Cheers!

You sure Elon implied this? From my perspective he was saying it's not going to be a volume produced product, no more than 10k/year.

Doesn't sound like they will try to hit 10k/year...my take away is a lot less than 10k/year.

If you guys didn’t realize, AJ knew that inside EV numbers are coming today, so he *updated* his BS fear mongering view on demand to a more real one, so that the guys from the conference call don’t come yelling at him. A true SoB.

Not sure I understand your point (you mean he lied to his clients? Say it ain't so!)**

But I suspected last night when Jonas published his about-face "Note to Clients" that he has early access to the Inside EVs numbers. Or at least a parallel private source based on the public InsideEVs methodolgy.

**EDIT: /S

I think they’ll sell more than 10k a year assuming no mfg constraints. It’s “only” 200k for the best production car by far.

Yes but it's counter productive to their mission.

1 roaders = 4 SR+. It should be a halo product that can be rare, but shouldn't be mass produced per Tesla's mission.

Roadster probably gets driven about 3000-5000 miles a year while 4 SR+ gets driven 50k miles/year.
So on paper, 4 SR+ can offset 10x more carbon going to the air than 1 roadster.

I think they’ll sell more than 10k a year assuming no mfg constraints. It’s “only” 200k for the best production car by far.

The Roadster at $200k is really too cheap. I hope they only produce 5,000 a year, people have to wait in line to get one, also they will have to pass screening and interviews to be eligible to buy the car. Price the SpaceX option at one million dollars and never drop the price... That's my hope, but Tesla doesn't do this sort of things.

Ferrari sold 9,000 cars in 2018, their market cap is close to $30B. Marketing strategy is as important as R&D.

I can accept that. I've never grown to dislike like such a professional person as I have with him. [AJ]

There was an aphorism during the Great Depression era, after the Crash of '29:

'Watch out for the Hobo trying to steal a ride in a railroad car. But beware of the College Man, he will try to steal the railroad.'

Jonas and his other college buddies are trying to steal this railroad. Simple as.

Your choice to believe their b.s. or not. Jus' sayin'.

Cheers!

Understandable, though my warning on Jonas didn't get much traction here a week ago, May 28 (too many college men here I guess for the original 1930s aphorism to resonant strongly ;)).

So let's try another axiom, slightly updated for the 21st Century:

"Watch out for the Man on Wall Street; he will try to steal the Future."

Word.

Last edited: