Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wish to understand if Tesla decided it's a priority? If they have, they'll fix it. It will take few quarters, but they'll fix it. What keeps me up at nigh is if Elon understands how bad it is, and if he decided it's important?
Agreed. Or if middle management is ignoring the issue or covering it up.

Some companies are driven by their engineering teams, they build great products and hope people buy them. Some are driven by their marketing side, they create demand then figure out a way to build something that meets that. Clearly Tesla is in the former.

True, but it's also an opportunity to control the narrative instead of being victim to it. Best analog is probably back when there were all the issues with noise drive units. Own the issue, explain root cause, detail the fix, follow-up at the next ER with updates, showing positive progress.
And maybe fix the root causes before they come back to bite Telsa, which will happen eventually regardless of what we do.

I'm not following you here.

You said you had poor efficiency. Either A) there's something very wrong with your car (unlikely), B) you're driving it in harsh conditions / harshly (wherein you'd have an even worse experience with an I-Pace or Taycan, based on drivecycle comparisons), or C) you chose to configure your vehicle with things that hurt efficiency, such as dual motor and/or 19" wheels, or even worse, 20" - wherein you'd still be well better off re. efficiency than a base-config I-Pace or Taycan.

If it's not a complaint question, then make it not sound like a complaint question.

Here's the current question:

"Owners, many of them with large followings online, are becoming very vocal about Tesla's worsening customer service experience with delivery, service, and repair. This has a severe impact on sales and returning sales. What are you doing to change this growing negative reputation?"

First off, it's false. "Owners" collectively are not. Some owners are. Not all owners have had problems with Tesla's service, and many are quite happy with it. Does that mean that it's okay that some owners have had bad experiences? Of course not. But making it sound like all owners are mad with their delivery or service experiences is outright FUD.

Secondly, it's beating a dead horse, every last sentence dripping with negativity. It's entirely structured as a gripe, even though it ends with a question mark.

Try:

It seems that there have been more public reports recently on Youtube and elsewhere of people who have had problems with delivery, service, or repair. How does Tesla plan to address this in the future so that it doesn't have a negative impact on future sales?

"Not all owners have had problems with Tesla's service, and many are quite happy with it."

Agree with this....we have 4 Tesla's in family (2 X's & 2 3's owned by my sons) in 3 different locations and all have been very happy with service outcomes.

You said you had poor efficiency. Either A) there's something very wrong with your car (unlikely), B) you're driving it in harsh conditions / harshly (wherein you'd have an even worse experience with an I-Pace or Taycan, based on drivecycle comparisons), or C) you chose to configure your vehicle with things that hurt efficiency, such as dual motor and/or 19" wheels, or even worse, 20" - wherein you'd still be well better off re. efficiency than a base-config I-Pace or Taycan.

Ah, no, maybe I wasn't clear. My efficiency is great, the car is awesome. Yesterday I posted a rambling wall of text praising it. I just would prefer to have my car as is AND be able to get responses to emails.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I don’t know, short interest keeps decreasing even with all this FUD. It is unprecedented. Maybe bond holders are closing their hedges?
I think the "smart" shorts are closing since the SP came down $65. I expect it to go up once SP is back around $350. Also, they might be thinking Musk is bluffing with that mail and will produce an earnings beat.

Reactions: anthonyj
Ah, no, maybe I wasn't clear. My efficiency is great, the car is awesome. Yesterday I posted a rambling wall of text praising it. I just would prefer to have my car as is AND be able to get responses to emails.
Yeah, I'm still waiting for a sales person to call me to arrange appraisal of my S60, so I can get M3. Even after I vent to see him, and he promised I'll have results the day after, about 3 weeks ago.
They're dropping money on the floor out of sheer (occasional) incompetence.
And yet, results are great, in terms of revenue/profit :)
Imagine when they fix it all :)

"Not all owners have had problems with Tesla's service, and many are quite happy with it."

Agree with this....we have 4 Tesla's in family (2 X's & 2 3's owned by my sons) in 3 different locations and all have been very happy with service outcomes.
Service in Toronto is top notch, I felt all my needs were addressed quickly. Mind you they were pretty tame.

[Checks "joined" date, chuckles]

Oh, dude, its part fo the ownership experience. :). If you ever get bred bored, you should do a search on topics like "center console", "ChaDeMo adaptor" and "auto-lowering" :)

That's what I mean, it's is a culture. Like where's Summon (expected Nov 14th on my calendar)? I have no update, I wait patiently. Three marshmallows later, and it's like FedEx showing up one day for something I forgot I ordered... Christmas again! I'm actually used to it.

Reactions: landis
[Checks "joined" date, chuckles]

Oh, dude, its part fo the ownership experience. :). If you ever get bred bored, you should do a search on topics like "center console", "ChaDeMo adaptor" and "auto-lowering" :)
I want them to get better, both as an owner and an investor. ;)

And to be clear. My service center repair experience has been excellent.

Reactions: Fact Checking
I haven't been worried as an investor, but now I'm starting to a little. How is there not anyone in management that sees these things as problems? It is becoming obvious that Tesla as they are now do not care much about customer communication. It's not like that will kill Tesla, but it will eat into brand loyalty over time..
well... this all seems to be more than a bit of flogging a dead horse here, but I think that:

1. Musk's acknowledging the issues in tweets counts as management being aware
2. Tesla appears to be being judged in a vacuum or held to an amazing standard
3. Question about service is appropriate for the earnings call

Asking Tesla about how they plan to address service shortcomings belongs in the earnings call just as much as all of their discussion about work place safety in the last one. But I could (and almost did -- which is why posting was so delayed) go on at length about how the rampant fraud in "traditional" automotive service makes Tesla look like an angel. And yet, people still go to dealerships or take their vehicles to mechanics.

None of this is the end of the world.

My calculation was based on 11 l/ km consumption on a price of € 1.60/liter. Actually my real average consumption of my car was rather at 13 Liter for 100km. So in reality it was even more that 16 times.

Both numbers are the real numbers (downplayed gas consumption plus real price at gas station) I had when I sold my car a few months ago. Gas prices went down if I hear you correctly ... don't ask me I am not going to visit them any more... but lets be realistic prices will go up again.

As you said that's not likely the consumption for all average Germans driving but more people who have cars in the price range of € 60k and more. Larger more expensive cars usually consume more, So what I try to say is that if you look at the current price of Tesla BEVs you compare higher cost BEVs to higher cost ICEs.

If you add all low consumption models and take the consumption of a Fiat Punto versus the Model 3,S,X than you compare IMHO apples to oranges.

No offense but I believe its a fair comparison given but you are fully right this numbers are not applicable for all in Germany and all cars.

I wasn't comparing the consumption of a Fiat Punto to your data: While the real consumption of an Audi 7 Sportback or Mercedes CLS 350 is of course higher than the advertised 5.6-5.8 l/100 km (for the Audi 7, for example): Auto, Motor Sport and Auto Bild magazines tested an average of 8.3/8.4 litres/100 km.

Audi A7 Sportback 50 TDI im Test: Neues Viertürer-Coupé mit feinster Technik
Coupé-Limos im Test: Audi A7 Sportback gegen Mercedes CLS - autobild.de

There is no need to exaggerate (already great!) data IMO, it only makes it vulnerable.

So is electricity. Not directly proportional but expensive.

Thats correct.

Many reasons why energy is expensive in Germany but in your personal situation you can do what many Germans do, for instance putting some solar cells on your roof and participate in energy generation supported by government incentives which lowers your personal energy bill. If you add a battery you are even better off.