Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of people are waiting for $250 to jump back in. I don’t see it happening but who knows

And I’m waiting for my original entry point of under $35. :rolleyes:

Who are these ‘a lot of people’? You and your neighbor? The three of you standing around the water cooler? Or your 12 Twitter followers?

Kindly provide the evidential link to ‘a lot of people are waiting for $250 to jump back in’.

Who are these ‘a lot of people’? You and your neighbor? The three of you standing around the water cooler? Or your 12 Twitter followers?

Kindly provide the evidential link to ‘a lot of people are waiting for $250 to jump back in’.

Maybe he's talking about me? Back when $TSLA was <260 I made a comment that I was still waiting for <250. Obviously no one knows how many people, much less how many shares (mine would not amount to much to anyone other than myself).

However, I do get a sense that there are a significant number of buyers waiting for a lower point -- otherwise I don't think the price would keep dropping like this. Yeah, the macros are down, but $TSLA is leading the charge.

Of course, I could well be wrong. All it would take is there to be less money interested in going long $TSLA to explain the current behavior. So, another completely satisfactory explanation.

Cheers!

Reactions: shlokavica22
why? Nobody should be thinking this stock is worth $250, the company has moved beyond that value for awhile now.....
I'm not sure how much a buy point has to do with what anyone thinks the stock is worth. Heck, if I thought the stock was worth $250 I would never have bought any. Anyone looking to make money only buys when the current price is lower than what they think it will be in the future (which is rather independent of what it is currently worth).

My price point of <$250 (though I might settle for <$260 now) is due to needing a really good deal to justify reducing diversity. I don't have much money and can't add any to investing so the only way for me to buy more stock is to sell something else. Matter of fact, the last time I shuffled I didn't buy any $TSLA. And although I don't believe $TSLA is going to go bankwupt, it is foolish to put all one's eggs in a single basket. I just have most of them in the $TSLA basket :p

Agree. Numbers do not add up or maybe we jump to wrong conclusion/assumptions.

To answer your question, yes we definitely did miss some ships because Tesla did deliver 3s to Europe a few days ago mainly for test drives and showrooms which did not arrive with the Glovis ships some here are tracking. I do not believe that they have been flying them in, thats expensive and they likely did have planned it well ahead.

A share of 10k from the potential 18k arriving to go to Germany would not make sense for me either. Germany has never been prioritized in the past likely because of weak demand for the S and X versus e.g. Norway.

The only option I see is that the hours produced reduction and eliminating one shift for the S and X base model resulted in more capacity for the 3 production which would go along with the huge amount of VIN registrations we have seen. We obviously know about the Glovis ships but we do not have full overview and maybe much more is shipped and produced than anticipated.

Thats the optimist in me talking.....;)
But imagine the PR coup of suddenly and unexpectedly disrupting the German home market. It's the sort of thing Elon might enjoy doing.

Maybe he's talking about me? Back when $TSLA was <260 I made a comment that I was still waiting for <250. Obviously no one knows how many people, much less how many shares (mine would not amount to much to anyone other than myself).

However, I do get a sense that there are a significant number of buyers waiting for a lower point -- otherwise I don't think the price would keep dropping like this. Yeah, the macros are down, but $TSLA is leading the charge.

Of course, I could well be wrong. All it would take is there to be less money interested in going long $TSLA to explain the current behavior. So, another completely satisfactory explanation.

Cheers!
Not talking about you specifically, just what I’ve been seeing and reading. People treat this stock as an ATM which is why TSLA is at the same price as 2014. Hopefully proof of China and EU demand will change that and get the stock out of this 250-380 range

Reactions: Drumheller
So now analysts expect Q1 loss ?

Tesla seen forecasting first-quarter loss after Musk warning

REUTERS 7:08 AM ET 1/28/2019

Jan 28 (Reuters) - Wall Street analysts expect Tesla Inc(TSLA) to forecast a loss for the first quarter when it reports results on Wednesday, having changed their expectations for a profit after Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk warned of a "very difficult" road ahead.

On Jan. 18, Musk announced thousands of job cuts and said the electric car maker was targeting a "tiny profit" in the first quarter "with great difficulty, effort and some luck." He also forecast a profit for the fourth quarter, albeit down from the third quarter's $311.5 million.

The analyst consensus on Jan. 21 turned to a loss for the first quarter and stands at $2.5 million. Analysts on average were expecting Tesla to post a profit of $62.80 million on a reported basis as of Jan. 17, according to Refinitiv data.

"One potential rationale for the company guiding to a loss in March is the timing of vehicles in transit to Europe and Asia," said Gene Munster from Loup Ventures in a note on Jan. 24.

The company has said it would begin delivering Model 3s to Europe and China in February.

Musk's dependency on "luck" to be barely profitable while selling its long-range Model 3 to Europe and China and the mid-range Model 3 in the U.S. calls into question the company's ability to make profits when it finally starts selling its long-promised $35,000 vehicle, analysts said.

Not talking about you specifically, just what I’ve been seeing and reading. People treat this stock as an ATM which is why TSLA is at the same price as 2014. Hopefully proof of China and EU demand will change that and get the stock out of this 250-380 range
Well, there will be more people buying at lower levels, for sure. But I doubt we'll see 250 anytime soon, unless there is more bad news in store for ER. I hope they have already come out with all the bad news - and ER itself will be an upbeat call.

BTW, SP shot up from 288 to 293 in last 15 minutes. After trailing Nasdaq all morning now slightly ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: anthonyj

Why do you get so offended? Pretty obvious that $250 is major support. Never said $250 is coming 100%:cool:

Tesla seen forecasting first-quarter loss after Musk warning | Reuters

"(Reuters) - Wall Street analysts expect Tesla Inc to forecast a loss for the first quarter when it reports results on Wednesday, having changed their expectations for a profit after Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk warned of a “very difficult” road ahead."

Awesome, that'd be an easy way to get a beat, Musk just simply needs to reiterate an expectation of profitability.

Prediction: this is going to be the narrative until end of April, when suddenly (and quietly) Wall Street estimates will increase substantially, resulting in an updated "Tesla missed Q1 Wall Street expectations!" narrative? :D

Yep. this data is based on FactSet Tesla Inc.

And some analyst have 4.53 EPS target for 1st quarter, I bet the analyst is the one who have PT around 200 or less.

Tesla's roof is not only not offered in my area, but is also prohibitively expensive. In the meantime, my utility is trying to convince homeowners to allow them to install solar for the utility's profit. It of course isn't quite couched in those terms, but the only thing they are really offering is no up front cost for solar and a slight rate decrease. I believe they are trying to get ahead of people becoming fairly independent from the utility.

Unfortunately no such incentives here. Just FIT (feed-in tariffs) and some small subsidies for storage. With the $0.30 / kWh that I pay for electricity one would expect profits to allow for some good programs.....

Anyhoo....back to $TSLA...

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba