Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ihor trying to do damage control for the shorts, I guess? Written hastily as the dams break.

Don't agree with your analysis there. It's excellent new if the SP is rising on new buyers rather than short covering. As it goes on, the shorts will get more and more under water, margin calls will be triggered and so on.

I'm expecting an excellent delivery report (not and advice), so if we keep this momentum it could then get another catalyst.

Or this could be buying the rumours and we might see a sell the news event.

Who knows.

Reactions: Mars ☰mperor
They won't do it, but I would fall out of my chair laughing if Tesla put a giant vinyl graphic of a toucan on their record-attempt Model S ;)

Well, in Northern Europe, Tesla do appear to have a Supercharger partnership with the Dutch hotel chain, Van der Valk, who's symbol is, you guessed it... so a little sponsorship deal...

Update - have Tweeted Elon and Tesla with your idea, but didn't credit you (yet)

upload_2019-9-11_19-5-6.png

upload_2019-9-11_19-7-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-11_19-4-57.png
    upload_2019-9-11_19-4-57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
According to this German car magazine Tesla brought 2 Model S to the Nurburgring, where the team will camp out for three weeks. The cars are being charged with a generator. They have three dedicated spots on three different days, where they have the track to themselves: 18, 21 and 25 September. The one on the 21st is for two straight hours (for which public track time was cancelled).

Model S-Attacke auf den Taycan-Rekord: Tesla entert die Nordschleife

Don't agree with your analysis there. It's excellent new if the SP is rising on new buyers rather than short covering. As it goes on, the shorts will get more and more under water, margin calls will be triggered and so on.

I'm expecting an excellent delivery report (not and advice), so if we keep this momentum it could then get another catalyst.

Or this could be buying the rumours and we might see a sell the news event.

Who knows.
All the new buyers running in the doors at once and shorts holding steady? :rolleyes:
Disagree as much as you want. :D

NextMove has some VW ID.3 initial pricing information, with 3 configurations:

The configurations start "below" €40,000, €46,000 and €50,000 for "Line 1, 2, 3":
  • For example the SR+ comes with a panoramic glass roof in all configurations - while for the VW ID.3 you have to go with the €50,000 Line 3 configuration to get it.
  • VW's lane keeping driver assistance feature is only part of the €50,000 configuration as well, while the SR+ has it bundled.
  • Keyless entry is part of the €46,000 Line 2 configuration - standard with the SR+.
  • Parking backup camera, is only part of the €46,000 Line 2 configuration, while standard with the SR+.
I believe that's significantly higher pricing than expected, not sure how they expect to sell these smaller cars when the Model 3 SR+ costs ~€43,000?

Last edited:
No. Cannot find the tweet right now, but last year Ihor Dusaniwsky wrote in pretty unflattering terms about the Tesla shorts. You might disagree with him, but he's no #TSLAQ tool.
That's fine. Just his reasoning about shorts having a lot of paper gains doesn't hold water, in my opinion, because at which price will they be able to cover with a limited supply? As someone wrote, buying the cheapest calls might be there hedging strategy...

That's fine. Just his reasoning about shorts having a lot of paper gains doesn't hold water, in my opinion, because at which price will they be able to cover with a limited supply? As someone wrote, buying the cheapest calls might be there hedging strategy...

Because most don't care about covering, the vast majority of $TSLA short is oil industry expenses, not traders looking for profits.

Because most don't care about covering, the vast majority of $TSLA short is oil industry expenses, not traders looking for profits.
But recent automobile manufacturers releasing EVs is showing that the market can bear more than just tesla, and the market for EVs is vast. The taycan is actually a blessing in disguise and has shifted the talking points away from discrediting tesla and EVs. So while oil industry (and secondarily weapons manufacturers that sell their product to protect the oil) may be backing the short efforts, at some point there will be no one left to buy gasoline. So shorts really need to start looking (attacking) at porsche, vw, audi, byd, etc. etc...

Reactions: Nocturnal
According to this German car magazine Tesla brought 2 Model S to the Nurburgring, where the team will camp out for three weeks. The cars are being charged with a generator. They have three dedicated spots on three different days, where they have the track to themselves: 18, 21 and 25 September. The one on the 21st is for two straight hours (for which public track time was cancelled).

Model S-Attacke auf den Taycan-Rekord: Tesla entert die Nordschleife
Sounds like Elon made a few phone calls