Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5% up on absolutely zero news, interesting.

5% up on being totally over-sold on the back of disaster Q1 and accompanying FUD ever since. In the meantime, M3 is sustainably scaled af Fremont, orders going into Q3 were net increasing, Q2 with strong FCF, Q3 looking like another record month for deliveries.

I'd say there's lots of news, almost daily, just that some are, perhaps, beginning to realise it.

Someone on Reddit claims 2100 Model 3 sales last month in China.
The source is not listed, but it's apparently based on Chinese social media / insurance data.
Link: China August model 3 sale exceeds : teslainvestorsclub

Figures (estimates) from EV Salesblog for Model 3 in China during the last months:
July 1800
June 6500
May 2000

Compared to the second month in Q2 (May) sales would be slightly up. If the claimed sales are correct it would be quite good, as some customers should already postpone their purchase due to the upcoming local Model 3 production. Potentially, a lot of those cars are higher trims, as local production consists only out of low-end trims.

Does anyone have access to the source?

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes
Of course the end of the article has to say that if those tires and the wicker are not available for ordering, is it really a production car, to which i would say, where is the rollcage option for the taycan?
Rollcage doesn't count per Porsche
Porsche welcomes a Tesla Nurburgring lap attempt

"That's obviously going to limit their relevance of what they've been doing," he(Klaus Zellmer) added, pointing out that the Taycan lap was performed on a series-production car rolling on series-production tires. "

upload_2019-9-11_11-4-47.png

Shorting # stable at 39.4 mil

Rollcage doesn't count per Porsche
Porsche welcomes a Tesla Nurburgring lap attempt

"That's obviously going to limit their relevance of what they've been doing," he(Klaus Zellmer) added, pointing out that the Taycan lap was performed on a series-production car rolling on series-production tires. "

Interesting that he says "series-production" while the video they released says prototype... o_O

Last edited:
Someone on Reddit claims 2100 Model 3 sales last month in China.
The source is not listed, but it's apparently based on Chinese social media / insurance data.
Link: China August model 3 sale exceeds : teslainvestorsclub

Figures (estimates) from EV Salesblog for Model 3 in China during the last months:
July 1800
June 6500
May 2000

Compared to the second month in Q2 (May) sales would be slightly up. If the claimed sales are correct it would be quite good, as some customers should already postpone their purchase due to the upcoming local Model 3 production. Potentially, a lot of those cars are higher trims, as local production consists only out of low-end trims.

Does anyone have access to the source?
I apologize if already discussed but has there been any info regarding the Model 3 pricing in China from the locally produced cars? I ask because it could be another firestorm of damage control if in fact the reduced tariff impact is passed directly to the consumer. It would almost seem as though the concept alone would have Osborned current sales. This makes me think that possibly the tariff savings will go right back to the mother ship, If current demand is strong enough to support GF3 production, seems possible. Yeah longs.

Reactions: Lessmog
View attachment 453409

Shorting # stable at 39.4 mil
Might be but they might hedge via other means like derivatives or act outside of regulatory boundaries. Not all shorts are oil funded with eternal deep pockets. There might also be a switch between different types of shorts.

I just find it odd that Igor is so eager to assure us that shorts are not blinking. Imagine he would say they blink, the hell might break loose, and he wouldn't be able to do business with them anymore. As those are his business partners and probably data suppliers, he has to do them a favour every now and then, especially if things are burning. So he can't say if shorts panic, even if it is true, and he can't stay quiet, even if he is not a TSLAQ per se.

Call it the paranoid me if you want...

According to this German car magazine Tesla brought 2 Model S to the Nurburgring, where the team will camp out for three weeks. The cars are being charged with a generator. They have three dedicated spots on three different days, where they have the track to themselves: 18, 21 and 25 September. The one on the 21st is for two straight hours (for which public track time was cancelled).

Model S-Attacke auf den Taycan-Rekord: Tesla entert die Nordschleife

But, but, the shorts told me they were booked for the season and Tesla couldn’t possibly get track time!

Interesting that he says "series-production" while the video they released says prototype... o_O

It really means and proves nothing. Let's just see what times the S can put in and argue all the specs after that.

What's significant in my eyes is that Tesla is being compared to Porsche. That's marketing gold in itself.

Might be but they might hedge via other means like derivatives or act outside of regulatory boundaries. Not all shorts are oil funded with eternal deep pockets. There might also be a switch between different types of shorts.

I just find it odd that Igor is so eager to assure us that shorts are not blinking. Imagine he would say they blink, the hell might break loose, and he wouldn't be able to do business with them anymore. As those are his business partners and probably data suppliers, he has to do them a favour every now and then, especially if things are burning. So he can't say if shorts panic, even if it is true, and he can't stay quiet, even if he is not a TSLAQ per se.

Call it the paranoid me if you want...
His data is always 2 days late. That’s all.

• Informative
Reactions: Stars aligned
NextMove has some VW ID.3 initial pricing information, with 3 configurations:

The configurations start "below" €40,000, €46,000 and €50,000 for "Line 1, 2, 3":
  • For example the SR+ comes with a panoramic glass roof in all configurations - while for the VW ID.3 you have to go with the €50,000 Line 3 configuration to get it.
  • VW's lane keeping driver assistance feature is only part of the €50,000 configuration as well, while the SR+ has it bundled.
  • Keyless entry is part of the €46,000 Line 2 configuration - standard with the SR+.
  • Parking backup camera, is only part of the €46,000 Line 2 configuration, while standard with the SR+.
I believe that's significantly higher pricing than expected, not sure how they expect to sell these smaller cars when the Model 3 SR+ costs ~€43,000?

I wonder what the actual range is going to be on these cars. VW is usually pretty dishonest with their descriptions and seems that they weren't 100% clear here either.