Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of 9/1/19 Tesla installing low speed pedestrian warning sound emitter

Tesla Model 3 Noise Emitter Reverse Sound
I think I'll just do this instead and make the noise myself.....so glad I bought a car before this happened.

MV5BMzAyMGUyOGMtNThjNC00ODM0LWI0M2ItNmI1NGExMmMyN2U0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

The fake bears on social media and mainstream media used the disappointing first quarter to foment the "Tesla doom/bankruptcy" narrative that had a real world impact of deterring potential S3X buyers. Tesla's falling stock price acted as an amplifier for those pushing the narrative... table banging about a company being in existential trouble is much more believable when the stock price drops 40% over a few months.

It's reasonable to think we are on the cusp of a reversal of that series of events over the next 6 months or so. Q3 will be profitable or near it, and Q4 has been guided to as profitable. The stock price might be just at the beginning of moving upward (fwiw, still a little over 50% undervalued in my base scenario). This perceived success may increase demand, just as the fabricated 'doom' perception muted demand (we all remember the many reports the past six months right here of friends/family/colleagues who said they would of bought a Tesla, "but" with a look like "I'm so sorry, but anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows Elon/the company are a dumpster fire").

What's more, all of that more recent Tesla kneecapping of Tesla enthusiasm was against the backdrop of years long kneecapping based on the "flood of competition coming from big boys will take Tesla out" false narrative... which just happens to be seeing its pants pulled down for even less informed observers right about now.

So what, they already have enough demand...

1) can never have enough demand. the more demand the more they can push forward confidently on accelerating the transition to sustainable transport. pushing forward confidently including employee morale, which has taken many hits the past couple of years (to be fair, not all of it "fake bear" manufactured, i.e., Elon/Tesla have been very high demand amid several layoffs).

2) bigger enthusiasm, demand for the vehicles creates real world face to face buzz among people that can rehabilitate a great deal of the enthusiasm and good will to Tesla and its vehicles the misinformation has worked so hard and so long to deflate. ie, Holy Teslamania may have been subject to being held back for some time, but, this could be the start of some serious releasing of that spring.

With respect to the "Tesla doom/bankcruptcy" angle I heard a new one recently: "Tesla isn't in this for the long term." The basis for this is Elon Musk's stated goal of acting as a catalyst to get the legacy automotive companies to start making EVs. So you shouldn't buy Tesla (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be the stock, the car, or both) because Elon isn't planning on his company staying around. Its the legacy makers that are here to stay, Tesla is just a flash in the pan.

Umm... Wow.

Modern cars are so quite anyway it is mostly just tire noise. To add noise to an electric car is stupid.
Exactly. The exceptions are trucks and motorcycles. I saw a truck the other day that had an amplifying exhaust pipe. Are EVs supposed to compete with that? Are they going to be required to release plumes of smoke to signal their presence and intention to move?

With respect to the "Tesla doom/bankcruptcy" angle I heard a new one recently: "Tesla isn't in this for the long term." The basis for this is Elon Musk's stated goal of acting as a catalyst to get the legacy automotive companies to start making EVs. So you shouldn't buy Tesla (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be the stock, the car, or both) because Elon isn't planning on his company staying around. Its the legacy makers that are here to stay, Tesla is just a flash in the pan.

Umm... Wow.

of course, goal posts get moved... when goals are scored : )

Umm... Wow.
I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption. My prediction is similar, but with a twist. Sell the automotive side to Apple and let them rebrand to Apple(Something). Keep the energy side and go to Mars.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in 2023ish if the whole market has gone electric or is fully committed. Gonna want at least $180B tho, obviously.

I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption. My prediction is similar, but with a twist. Sell the automotive side to Apple and let them rebrand to Apple(Something). Keep the energy side and go to Mars.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in 2023ish if the whole market has gone electric or is fully committed. Gonna want at least $180B tho, obviously.
Tesla will be worth more than 180B is 2023

Edit...I see that is just for the automotive side...ok

Tesla is starting to voluntarily retrofit S&X with AP3 computers.
It looks like AP2 & AP3 car capability will soon diverge and Tesla will start to utilise the huge computing potential of its new chip.

@Sofiaan
Just took my #Tesla #ModelS in for a voluntary HEPA replacement when I got a lovely surprise. Big thanks to Tesla Santa Barbara for this present, and the first retrofit they performed.

Woohoo! My S is now FSD ready with HW 3.0!

Last edited:
Exactly. The exceptions are trucks and motorcycles. I saw a truck the other day that had an amplifying exhaust pipe. Are EVs supposed to compete with that? Are they going to be required to release plumes of smoke to signal their presence and intention to move?

In places other than California, we have snow, and my S is so quiet when there is snow on the ground, I can literally sneak up on people. I have had to roll the window down at times to talk to the pedestrian, to let them know I’m coming up behind them before. as Long as the sound isn’t a fake ICE sound, I’m all for it...

Tesla is starting to retrofit S&X with AP3 computers.
It looks like AP2 & AP3 computers will soon diverge and Tesla will start to utilise the huge computing potential of its new chip.

@Sofiaan

So looking forward to seeing the advancements that happen when features start coming out that require hardware 3.0 . That's when the exciting stuff starts to happen!

View attachment 453481

Sad, maybe someone thought they were Teslas.
it's not quite accurate. The hyundai connection was just a rumor that got picked up by the media because they own the shipping company.

Cargo Ship Capsizes with Thousands of New Cars on Board

A Hyundai spokesperson told C/D that "There are no Hyundai branded vehicles on the ship" and referred us to the earlier Korea Herald news story that said many of the vehicles were Kias.

Sounds like it was importing vehicles though so no Tesla involved.