Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Q4 is close to be sold out now, then we don't need to worry about demand for Q1 2020. The ongoing orders from November and December will almost fill next Q1. This is very different from Q1 2019. By the end of March 2020, Tesla will have about 1 million vehicles on the road, each one working as a sales person. That's a positive factor for next Q2 demand.

If Q4 is close to be sold out now, then we don't need to worry about demand for Q1 2020. The ongoing orders from November and December will almost fill next Q1. This is very different from Q1 2019. By the end of March 2020, Tesla will have about 1 million vehicles on the road, each one working as a sales person. That's a positive factor for next Q2 demand.
China will be running, sounds like MY will be producing in some capacity. The 1Q20 call should be a monster regardless of deliveries.

It's a positive factor for all quarters in fact.

Basically the more cars Tesla produces, the greater the natural demand generation is.

Morgan Stanley delivery estimates from 2015/16.....

screen_shot_2016-02-01_at_11.15.58_am.png

The smart folk will not be investing in squeaky clean coal. What might produce outsize returns?
Well, just look at what threatens "squeaky clean coal". To do that you might look at what the Koch brothers are up to, or maybe I should just say "the Koch brother":

Space to innovate

Apparently, Koch is very concerned about the space junk problem. I wonder why an oil, gas and coal guy who doesn't seem to care about terrestrial pollution concerned with junk in space? Or could it have to do with Musk's plan to send 42,000 satellites into orbit? Maybe this is more of a problem of which billionaire has the most billions? And attacking the guy who threatens the profitability of the multi-billion dollar energy empire the Koch brothers have spent decades building?

Always fun to see a billionaire start swinging his dick around. :oops:

I am scratching my head about why the continued strength, after all we are looking at slight loss, rev down, lots of material for shorts to play with. Long term growth perspective doesn't look like changed much from my eyes. Maybe because I am too much of a believer for too long?

What gives?
Chances are we will see a big drop after next week's ER.

by the way, here's a link to my shareholder question. Please upvote if you find the question interesting. :) Say
So I don't think this is a worthwhile question. Tesla has no demand problem, they don't need to expend resources to expand urban charging solutions like this. Those solutions will take care of themselves over time.

I am scratching my head about why the continued strength, after all we are looking at slight loss, rev down, lots of material for shorts to play with. Long term growth perspective doesn't look like changed much from my eyes. Maybe because I am too much of a believer for too long?

What gives?

China. China. China.

What gives?

You just know too much. Tesla has been under-valued and too much emphasis was being put on quarterly numbers. I think we are seeing a shift that reflects people actually starting to believe the growth. Now the numbers will be looked at in a more holistic way, not just the profit/loss but the production and sales trends/estimates and the trends surrounding increasing production efficiencies and declining costs. Up until this point, I think people were actually buying into the story that EV's are simply unprofitable - the more you make, the more you lose.

I cannot emphasis enough, the market, as a whole, is pretty slow and pretty stupid. It has a ton of "momentum" because it is mostly based on people's emotions, gut reactions, and ignorance and misunderstanding plays into this in a big way. Don't make the mistake of thinking the market price of a company is all that important - it is simply what it is, nothing more.

What gives?

The mkt Is looking beyond the valley.
It seems to be a very shallow valley too.

What gives?
Valuation? Have you looked at Aurora Cannibis Inc? (TSE:ACB) $5.0B market cap on $55M in revenues. That's about 90x revenues. :eek: Can u say 'value'? NOT.

TSLA is a STEAL at these price (2x revenues) and is about to go on a very long and profitable run. I'm thinking that's who's the buyers (plus smarter shortzes r covering)

Cheers!

Last edited: