Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curiously, Musk is now following a shortseller on twitter. The guy is just typical anything-musk-hater-teslaq.
Login on Twitter
Maybe he just needs some entertainment?
I’ve been checking the $TSLAQ hashtag lately because it’s hilarious... this guy has been posting crazy tinfoil stuff NONSTOP. Now Elon follows this guy... that’s the funniest *sugar* I’ve ever witnessed. I’m literally crying that is so freaking funny. He must be incredibly afraid to post now

I’ve been checking the $TSLAQ hashtag lately because it’s hilarious... this guy has been posting crazy tinfoil stuff NONSTOP. Now Elon follows this guy... that’s the funniest *sugar* I’ve ever witnessed. I’m literally crying that is so freaking funny. He must be incredibly afraid to post now

Oh no, he keeps on going! A guy obsessed like that will not stop for anything. It is funny AF... Maybe that's what Elon was referring to then he tweeted that extremism is fun! Elon Musk on Twitter

Oh no, he keeps on going! A guy obsessed like that will not stop for anything. It is funny AF... Maybe that's what Elon was referring to then he tweeted that extremism is fun! Elon Musk on Twitter
Maybe he is Musk. Leading the sheep to slaughter... can you imagine if TeslaCharts was run by Musk? I would die

In the interests of ensuring no one here lives in an echo chamber, some news from the Short side.

That Tesla Charts dude is in a bad mood today.

TeslaCharts on Twitter

Judging by his retweets, he also seems to have convinced himself that the FBI has raided Buffalo city hall because of Elon’s criminal mastermind plan to defraud New York State’s taxpayers at Giga2.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll be as pleased as anyone when this SolarCity smash and grab case is dismissed. But it’s hard to take seriously someone who has begun reposting tweets about SpaceX with the comment “there’s no such thing as starship”.
TeslaCharts on Twitter

Perhaps we should crowdsource for him to go to Boca Chica for the 20km test flight to see for himself. Just there mind, not back again.

The other car must have been made a manufacturer that advertises, and sold by a dealer that advertises. :rolleyes:
If it's Tesla, and it bleeds, it leads.

My apologies to the unfortunate person who passed away and their family, no offense intended. I do hope the Tesla involved was not at fault though.

What do people think will happen to the stock before and after the pickup reveal?

Here are my guesses:

I'm assuming the design will be quite polarising and might take some warming up to. Initially I thought the Model 3 was a bit weird shaped but then ended up liking the pushed forward cabin and short nose after a while. I think the stock price will steadily rise before the reveal to 350. After the reveal I think it will drop down to 330. I don't expect we will have a 'Oh one more thing' moment. Also will they take preorders? What did they do for the Y reveal - I don't remember... Overall quarterly reports and Model Y ramping up are going to move the stock most in the next year imo.

Anyway, I sold 10% today at 340, so that I can buy it back in the low 300s. If it just goes up though, I'm more than happy.

US fraud prosecutors demand Ford Focus, Fiesta documents

Uh oh, looks like Ford knowingly sold 2 MILLION cars with defective transmissions which are impossible to fix. Ford could be facing an absolutely massive class action suit, plus action by the DOJ.
I'd never buy a Ford ever again. In the mid 80's I bought a then brand new model Taurus. Only models they had on the lot were 4 cyl which should have been a clue to me. The transmission was junk. After suffering with problems for 2 years I tried to trade it in on a new one and the dealer refused to take it as a trade in. They knew it was junk. Seems they continue the same 35 years later. Also one of the many reasons I don't trust car dealers.

That's more than I had seen so far. I doubt it would have been newsworthy if a Tesla was not involved.

Indeed. When is the brand of a car ever included in the headline for news of a crash? When does a news article about a two-way crash repeatedly mention the brand of one car and never the other? It appears that Tesla alone is considered fair game for relaxation of journalistic standards. :rolleyes:

What do people think will happen to the stock before and after the pickup reveal?

Here are my guesses:

I'm assuming the design will be quite polarising and might take some warming up to. Initially I thought the Model 3 was a bit weird shaped but then ended up liking the pushed forward cabin and short nose after a while. I think the stock price will steadily rise before the reveal to 350. After the reveal I think it will drop down to 330. I don't expect we will have a 'Oh one more thing' moment. Also will they take preorders? What did they do for the Y reveal - I don't remember... Overall quarterly reports and Model Y ramping up are going to move the stock most in the next year imo.

Anyway, I sold 10% today at 340, so that I can buy it back in the low 300s. If it just goes up though, I'm more than happy.

IIRC, TSLA dropped for a few days following the model Y unveil, autonomy day, and most recently solar v3 announcement.

Reactions: Boomer19
Per Ihor, Shorts will be down another $1.5B when TSLA gets to $390

upload_2019-11-7_20-58-0.png