Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is hilariously disingenuous.

There is a clear "winner".
Peep Recent NerdBurgerKing lap times
Check out who has the best BEV ranges
Enlighten yourself as to who has the best safety ratings

“NerdBurgerKing”. I just spit out my coffee.
Nerdbergerking.jpg

Ummm.....I think Elon got on the Block List because of his brazen attempt to......hahaha really? Co-opt the car counting efforts? o_O

View attachment 474401

Wait, is this for real? They blocked Elon? THANK THE OLD GODS AND THE NEW!!! Signal to noise ratio on Elon’s twitter will go up like a Falcon rocket.

Apple is completely irrelevant, stop trying to push this insane narrative in this thread.
As I've said before, I don't want to see Apple acquire Tesla, nor do I want to see Apple coming out with a car. Nonetheless, for the sake of objectivity, I try to consider how things may transpire in the market regardless of my own desires. After all, isn't that what objective investors should always be doing? Let's not behave like TSLAQ, where we deny any and all potential competitors. To me, companies like Tesla and Apple (especially in the Steve Jobs eras) represent a willingness to keep an open mind and consider new ideas, unlike the TSLAQ crowd.

The below link summarizes publicly available reports on Apple's activities in the EV/smartcar space, including an up to date timeline:
Apple Car: It's no secret, Apple's actively working on Car tech

A quote from the report: "Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo also believes that Apple is still working on an Apple Car that will launch between 2023 and 2025. Kuo believes the car will be Apple's "next star product" with Apple able to offer "better integration of hardware, software and services" than potential competitors in the automotive market, with Apple-designed chips manufactured by TSMC."

Please reconsider and cast your vote so that we can hear from all members of the TMC community. Thank you!

Link to the **updated** TMC poll: Edited: Apple as a worthy competitor, benevolent partner, or benevolent acquirer?

Last edited:
The day after the Cybertruck unveil I expect TSLA to open higher because it will be an amazing vehicle but then close lower as analysts attack it all day. They'll say it's going to be a repeat of all the problems Tesla had with the over-engineered Model X, and they'll point out that this is the fourth vehicle unveiled since the last time Tesla actually put a new vehicle into production. This will be a 'sell the news' event in my opinion.

• Disagree
Reactions: printf42
The day after the Cybertruck unveil I expect TSLA to open higher because it will be an amazing vehicle but then close lower as analysts attack it all day. They'll say it's going to be a repeat of all the problems Tesla had with the over-engineered Model X, and they'll point out that this is the fourth vehicle unveil since the last time Tesla actually put a new vehicle into production. This will be a 'sell the news' event in my opinion.

It would be natural for the price to rise into the unveiling of the truck and soften afterward. But it will also depend on the specifics announced, current market moods and other intangibles. Nothing is set in stone. The actual production of the truck is likely far enough into the future that the percent gain or loss based on the unveiling will be relatively minor. Other considerations should rule. Things like announcements during Battery Investor Day, the upcoming 4Q earnings, etc. etc. etc. I certainly wouldn't buy or sell based on that. It's almost always a mistake to buy or sell based on things so tangential to the bigger story.

Yes, the Tesla Pickup is important to Tesla's future profits but the actual unveiling, not so much. Like Elon said, if most truck people don't like it enough to gain wide acceptance, they can come out with a complimentary truck of completely different design in a couple of years. I doubt this will be necessary but the truck market is so huge it wouldn't be a bad thing to have two major options.

But I'm confident the truck will be amazingly desireable. Franz von Holzhausen designs things that just look "right". And it will be his least reserved design ever. I bet it's mind-blowing.

After all, isn't that what objective investors should always be doing? Let's not behave like TSLAQ, where we deny any and all potential competitors.
Let's not waste any more time talking about "competitors" who don't exist. I'd suggest no one respond to this or any future polls about this total speculation, waaayyy too much space has been taken up on this forum today on this subject.

As I've said before, I don't want to see Apple acquire Tesla, nor do I want to see Apple coming out with a car. Nonetheless, for the sake of objectivity, I try to consider how things may transpire in the market regardless of my own desires. After all, isn't that what objective investors should always be doing? Let's not behave like TSLAQ, where we deny any and all potential competitors. To me, companies like Tesla and Apple (especially in the Steve Jobs eras) represent a willingness to keep an open mind and consider new ideas, unlike the TSLAQ crowd.

The below link summarizes publicly available reports on Apple's activities in the EV/smartcar space, including an up to date timeline:
Apple Car: It's no secret, Apple's actively working on Car tech

A quote from the report: "Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo also believes that Apple is still working on an Apple Car that will launch between 2023 and 2025. Kuo believes the car will be Apple's "next star product" with Apple able to offer "better integration of hardware, software and services" than potential competitors in the automotive market, with Apple-designed chips manufactured by TSMC."

Please reconsider and cast your vote so that we can hear from all members of the TMC community. Thank you!

Link to the **updated** TMC poll: Edited: Apple as a worthy competitor, benevolent partner, or benevolent acquirer?
The Apple poll forum is a worthy place for posts about this.

serious chartists- go back and study $FB chart dated 8-23-13 and realize that from today you are looking at approximately 2 months (+/- 2 weeks ) rally before any meaningful pullback which could take $tsla to as high as $466 to $510
$tsla on daily chart is breaking out from a flag-like formation measured move to $428 to $430 could fizzle out at $420 or could not and keep on burning the shorty

I thought Tesla bought their batteries from Panasonic? No? What you call "inferior tech" is not that much different than what Tesla makes. As everyone gets into the market the battery companies will be engaged in a competitive proxy battle for the EV makers they support. But there are no clear winners in this competition. This is barely round one.

This is like saying that Apple just buys their iPhones from Foxconn.