Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm seeing speculation in left circles that part of the recent rise in SP is directly connected to the coup in Bolivia (due to lithium supply).

...I explained that there's other factors going on here and an ongoing trend unrelated to the Bolivian coup, of the Q3 profit, shorts leaving, institutions coming in, and the whole options chain thing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that argument (made by people on the right that probably supported the coup in the first place!) used as FUD.

(Also, come to think of it, aren't there signs that Tesla is going to look at Australia for supply of things like lithium?)

I'm seeing a lot of FUD about Tesla and Bolivia, even though there is no connection.

Reactions: Drax7
I don't think the announcement will happen this week. But I wouldn't mind. Especially something like Tesla partnering with Daimler AG to build GF4. With Daimler providing Tesla with one of their facility ready to move in and retool withing 6-9 months. And Tesla supply contract to Daimler with battery packs for next 10 years.

He knows what it is, but says he's under NDA. Must be GF4 related.

The market doesn't care what you or anyone else paid for their position, and neither should you or anyone else. I know I've said this before but it's such a common thinking error when it comes to personal investing, it bears repeating.

The only reason to hold a stock is that you think it will go up. Not because you paid more for it than it's current trading price. It's only human to consider what you paid for it but a good investor ignores that completely as irrelevant. Paying attention to an irrelevant factor *will* harm your returns because it dilutes the relevant considerations. If you are holding a stock at a loss and your analysis shows it's still a good investment, then continue holding. However, if your analysis shows you that the reasons you bought the stock in the first place are no longer in place, and you would not buy the stock, even at current prices, then, by all means, sell. Do *not* hold a stock simply because you are hoping to get out at break-even or with a small profit.

Likewise, never sell a good stock that is growing at a healthy clip simply because you are sitting on a healthy profit. That's a huge mistake and it will cost you dearly. I am shocked at how often I see this advice presented as "common sense". If the stock has room to run, let it ride. Show me someone who is always itchy to take profits and I'll show you someone who has below-average returns.

Why do you take my remarks as an 'advice'? I'm simply stating what I see as human psychology: getting out of a stock the moment it is possible to do so without a loss, or holding on to it because you want something in return for your year long 'suffering'. That these are not the smartest motives for investment decisions is irrelevant. This is simply how some people think and therefore a factor when trying to predict what investors will do once we reach ATH again (which is what I was trying to do in my post).

Second: you make it sound as if I am talking about my own stock position. I am not. I am long 1000 shares with an average price of $240 and will let it run for a long time.

He knows what it is, but says he's under NDA. Must be GF4 related.
If it is, would just an announcement affect the SP until GF4 churns out cars and profits?
Edit 1 minute later- AH! There we go! 348.93!

Later Edit- Looks like another battle for 350...

Later Edit still- It feels good to have started a relevant little discussion about possible GA4 announcement, even if it doesn't amount to a whole lot.

Last edited:
Does it though? Any investor that follows Tesla knows GF4 will be announced before EoY. It has been stated multiple times.

The actual announcement might therefore move the needle very little.

Depends on incentives.
Don't think incentives will be close to China's.

China was a really good deal.

what components do they make for Tesla?
The article @ev-enthusiast linked said "cockpit crossbeam" and that this was a plastic/metal composite piece but that is an automatic translation via google.
ElringKlinger uses an innovative production process to manufacture lightweight plastic components for the body, which combines hydroforming and injection molding in just one process step. The resulting hybrid components made of plastic and metal combine the advantages of both materials, namely a high dimensional and dimensional accuracy and a considerable crash safety. At the same time significant weight advantages over conventional metal variants can be achieved.