Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also went FSD. At first I was going to skip it on a vehicle like this. Then I caved. I figure that it shouldn't increase the price if I decide to drop it and being able to summon will actually be handy.

Let's say you go out to some remote place, park and then hike. If you take a fall and are injured the ability to have the truck come to your location and drive you to a hospital is pretty neat. You'd still have to be able to function enough to get in, but there's a big difference between just levering yourself up into the truck and having to do that and everything else.

Sure, current FSD capabilities aren't that good, but two years from now?
You can name it "Lassie". "Little Jimmy fell down the well. Lassie go to the well, run the winch down and pull Jimmy out."

OK, I'm back in again. Will buy more as it drops (if it does). All that fuss for $400... why not eh, make it more fun!

The truck will sell no doubt. No one will copy it either - class of its own with a brand new audience.
It will be hard to copy, they'll have to invent SpaceX metallurgy. But I think the specs will sell it to a good portion of the existing audience (as well as a new audience).

My wife pulls into the garage this morning after her morning swim and I'm standing there in the garage with a grin a mile wide.

She gets out and is like, "What?"

"Oh you're gonna LOVE this one."

"What?"

"Time to get the lawyers I'm sure."

"Who's suing you?"

"You are."

"What'd you do?"

"I ordered a Cybertruck."

"You're right, get the lawyers."

But as we walked into the kitchen, I could see she was smiling. And then she said,

"I kind of like it."

And it's clear, she's gonna wind up with it.

I might have to order another!

ordered.jpg

Is anyone else annoyed at Tesla’s specs that say 110v and 220v AC outlets? They will be 120v and 240v!!!
No, and I’m an electrician. The thing that concerned me the most was how low the price was. I think the price is possibly stranger than the styling. My other main concern is how dangerous this thing could be to other drivers. Hopefully autonomous safety features will have advanced enough to negate that by the time this thing is on the road.

No, and I’m an electrician. The thing that concerned me the most was how low the price was. I think the price is possibly stranger than the styling. My other main concern is how dangerous this thing could be to other drivers. Hopefully autonomous safety features will have advanced enough to negate that by the time this thing is on the road.
Do you mean external airbags?

I don't see how this would be any more dangerous than any other similar sized truck. It's certainly going to be less dangerous for the occupants.

Well, the best way to protect yourself from a crazy maniac tesla bullet proof cybertruck driver going 0-60 in 2.9 seconds is to be in a Tesla bullet proof cybertruck yourself. Make sure to add autopilot. Problem solved.

It's really over the top and bizarre.

Distasteful, personal attacks deleted.

What's bizarre is believing that they didn't know both windows would break from a ball bearing. If they thought it wouldn't break, they would have thrown the ball bearing at it for practice. And for fun. Obviously. Because they could. Billionaires like Musk like doing things like that.

That and the fact that Musk giggled like a schoolboy when the first window broke and *again* when the second window broke. To think *both* broken windows were accidents is to suspend all rational thought.

One thing I have to admit - think about the Model 3 reveal. What was everyone saying the next day? They were making fun of the minimalists interior and saying it looked like the screen was just stuck on as an afterthought. It was pretty brutal the day after the reveal.

Fast forward almost 4 years, and Ford reveals a car with a nearly copy-cat interior of the Model 3. So, who know what 2 or 3 years will bring.

That's why I got 2 reservations. I hate that truck with a passion right now - but I'm smart enough to know I might love it in a year or two. you never know -especially if they tweak it a little.
As you can probably tell, I love it just as it comes, but it will be very interesting to see what wrapped CyberTrucks look like... a little color might go a long way towards changing your perception.