Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add in the fact that they had spare glass for both windows, on site, and fixed them within ~30 minutes by the time the test drives began.

So I too was wondering whether the breaking of the windows was international - but unlike you I'm not 100% certain.

If you knew you were going to do things like try to break the glass, you had better be ready for the possibility it may not go as planned with some spare parts in hand. That's just good planning, not necessarily indicative of it being scripted.

And quite frankly, I'm sure that in some of their tests throwing random objects at the glass, they managed to crack it. So they had to be ready for the possibility that would happen and it would be preferable not to do test rides in a damaged vehicle. My guess is in the excitement of the moment Franz was handed the wrong ball.

Add in the fact that they had spare glass for both windows, on site, and fixed them within ~30 minutes by the time the test drives began.

So I too was wondering whether the breaking of the windows was international - but unlike you I'm not 100% certain.
it was way too confusing for the audience for it to be intentional. I was almost expecting them to peel off some sort of sticker on the window and just saying it was a prank because it was that bad of a fail. It really messed up Elon's momentum too as he did better before the glass incident (at least compared to his past presentations).

This whole thing is a sales pitch about changing minds about how pickups could be different. Last thing you want is this kind of mistake.

Someone there said it caused an hour delay. Either way, a 30-60 minute delay in giving test rides to the hundreds of people there was definitely not planned. Come on people...
Means that mobile service already had the parts and the know-how = the truck is coming sooner that we thought, this is bullish AF, buy buy buy so @anthonyj $700 calls get OTM!

Think robotaxis peeps:
Haul six people plus baggage or packages (for different customers possibly)
Robust in the face off hard usage
Squats down to ease entry for the infirm
Bulletproof for safety at stop signs in dangerous hoods...
The market isn’t grokking the implications yet, obviously.
Even without FSD package I can definitely see it as a red-hot new fleet option for this type of situation
y1idArC.jpg

This is marketing 101... how much would Tesla had to pay the media to get their name printed all over the world?
They do not have that money. For a few work hours of a few designers and welders they got TON of free advertisement.

People will go to tesla.com to look at this thing and end up ordering 3, X, S, Y, roof.
And some will also order the CT.

I'm seriously considering paying those $100 just for the privilege of saying "Oh, I've alreadyordered one" in the face of all the haters how nobody will buy it.

Think robotaxis peeps:

Haul six people plus baggage or packages (for different customers possibly)
Robust in the face off hard usage
Squats down to ease entry for the infirm
Bulletproof for safety at stop signs in dangerous hoods

The market isn’t grokking the implications yet, obviously.

Also, an FSD delivery truck, where the goods are placed in a "vault", which can be opened and accessed without giving access to the cabin ...

So I too was wondering whether the breaking of the windows was intentional - but unlike you I'm not 100% certain.

they had spare glass cause they were throwing things at the window all day.

also the fact that people are wondering it it was intentional is extremely cultish. Like they are never capable of messing up.

From the RN numbers looks like it might be 80k reservations if the serial number is in … series.

RN112740xx to RN 1128202xx

Make that 112844xxx:

I ordered two about 30 minutes ago in Canada and got 112843XXX and 112844XXX

So the Cybertruck likely crossed 104,000 reservations already.

Your kids go to school in Jersey?! :rolleyes:
They play fortnite and Minecraft and now love how the video game figures have become real life. They were doing couch flips and side spins on the floor after they saw our CyberTruck pictures this morning.

They want to throw a steal ball at the window when we get it, but that’s where I put my foot down and rained on their parade.

The fact that they were able to replace those windows prior to giving test rides indicates to me that breaking or cracking the glass was foreseen as opposed to ruled out. Also, they did this stunt on the sides, they could likely not have cracked the actual front shield and replaced it before the test rides.
The glass didn't give way, it remained in place. Any ICE-ragers who break MY window will likely be facing my .40 anyway.