Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*Sigh*

I now have two years to explain to my future ex-wife.

Screenshot from 2019-11-27 07-05-00.png

*Sigh*

I now have two years to explain to my future ex-wife.

View attachment 481902
You're only a guy, she shouldn't have unrealistic expectations. You're not spending your money at the track. You're not spending your money on the bottle. The CT doesn't have blonde hair. It's a fun, practical vehicle with good bottom line cost of ownership that she can enjoy with you.

Ordered my 2-motor truck! RN11303XXXX

Am I the only one who got an email saying to reset my password to see it in my account?? Then the password reset link would not save my new password. Did I just give my card number to a Phishing scammer?
Lol no. They had me do the same and it worked. It made sense for me though because I didn't HAVE a Tesla account before.
I don't remember Elon being this quiet on FSD previously:
  • Solved problem or
  • Doesn't want to remind us that feature complete was supposed to 5 weeks away?
Art of War dictates that silence about it at this time is a good sign
Of course the bottom feeder trying to taunt Elon Mark B. Spiegel on Twitter
That dude still has money? Hella surprising

Serious question, are there any big-name shorties left at all? Spiegel doesn't count, and Chanos is being all coy/obfuscatory about his position.

Inspite of Cybertruckmania, today is the day before Thanksgiving. I expect the stock to trade down. Not to worry, it will likely perk up next week. So back the cybertruck up and get a double helping shares on holiday discount.

And most of all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks @jhm - and thanks for all you do here, too. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

https://news.cnyes.com/news/id/4415749

According to market report, Tesla supplier (HOTA and BizLink) received notification to start mass production of parts six months earlier. Originally Tesla planned to start production of Model Y late 2020, but recently supplier chain rumors the pull forward to summer of 2020. supplier comments "Originally Tesla asks to start mass production in Q2 2020, but recently was notified to start production in Q4 2019".

"supply chain operators say, are also preparing to simultaneously supply recently released Tesla Truck Semi-related components."

Last edited:
Compared to the Model 3 reveal it now looks like cybertruck has about 3 times the number of Google searches.

Note also there seems to be an uptick in Model 3 searches.

View attachment 481922

Nice chart. You should also show one without Cybertruck. It distorts the chart so much that it's very hard to see the search results for the other Tesla offerings (including Model S and ModelX). I expect it will show a spike in those searches as well, as a fallout from the Cybertruck news coverage.

Edit: I tried it myself - worldwide search results for S3XY over the last 12 months (pardon the Dutch language).

Tesla.PNG

Conclusion: this was such a brilliant move by Elon. Conclusion #2: Wall Street is dumb. Conclusion #3: shorts are f*cked.

Last edited:
TCO of Cybertruck is less than half of a comparatively configured Ford truck. The fuel cost savings are very significant in the long run. This is especially true when the truck owner spends $6k~10k on gasoline each year.

Very interested in this analysis, as I wouldn't know what realistic commercial operators' scenarios to base it off.

If they deliver the promise of 500mile truck in 3 years, and we see 600mile model S around the same time, then it's pretty much game over for the competitors. Tesla would be like Intel in the 90s and only restricted by their production capabilities.

Whatever the initial [slim] margins on the 500 mile truck will be, my takeaway is that the margins and market penetration of all the other Teslas will rise noticeably.

Just flood global markets with ever more affordable model 3s and Ys. And a simple billionmeter commercial panel van.

• Love
Reactions: UncaNed and Lessmog