Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t expect any different from a company that once conned it’s own customers via emissions cheat device. EV is a different game, but same ole Porsche.....
I like how they pretend they had no idea what the range or efficiency would be. Its all a big black box, apparently. So, being smart that way, the preemptively hired some folks to tell them what the efficiency of their car would be. Which was still less than what they had been planning on, so it was a bit disappointing, but...

really? really? really??!?!?

Yeah, but I can't find any superchargers near the Bering strait. How large a battery will the Cybertruck get again?

Apart from that it would be an epic trip from Tierra del Fuego in southern Argentina to North Cape in Norway - from pole to pole and around the world in one fantastic trip!
That's why you need the camping add-on with solar panels. ;)

Lots of discussion going on at the Taycan forum on Rennlist. Porsche had their press release and independent test results ready to send to reservation holders as soon as the EPA number was released.

So while Tesla is increasing the range and power of their cars via OTA updates, Volkswagen-Porsche's solution to the Taycan #RangeGate is an OTAPR: Over The Air Press Release.

The up-armored version at that. Driving through South/Latin America, and Russia?

from wikipedia about the gap: "In May 2013, Swedish backpacker Jan Philip Braunisch disappeared in the area after leaving the Colombian town of Riosucio with the intention of attempting a crossing on foot to Panama, via the Cuenca Cacarica. The FARC admitted to killing him, having mistaken him for a foreign spy."

I hate to think what they'd think about a cybertruck. The up armor version with solid wheels...

I like how they pretend they had no idea what the range or efficiency would be. Its all a big black box, apparently. So, being smart that way, the preemptively hired some folks to tell them what the efficiency of their car would be. Which was still less than what they had been planning on, so it was a bit disappointing, but...

really? really? really??!?!?

Instead of lying about the true mileage themselves, they decided to payoff another company to do the dirty deed for them. That name should be changed to TayCon.

Model 3 order page

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 1.47.30 PM.png

As regards MIC deliveries this quarter, I seem to recall Tesla saying that production could greatly exceed deliveries this year, which I found puzzling at the time. I believe it was back in q1 or q2. Does anyone else recall this?

Edit: From q2 transcript - production will slightly (not greatly) exceed deliveries.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCash
at 2:38 you see a good view of what i believe is the southern end of the property. You can see the first phase of the battery pack assembly/powertrain plant on the left in the middle of the screen.

They are leveling a lot of ground here. I wonder if that whole southern end will include cell production?
This would make sense, staying with the South -> North flow of materials. Cells get made in South end of battery facility, flow North into the module/pack area, then finished packs go North again into the GA area. I will be unsurprised if we eventually see some kind of raised conveyance system (or simply a covered / enclosed path for autonomous delivery bots) between the North end of the battery phase and the GA area. And then another one that crosses over to the East when the next GA area gets built out...

As regards MIC deliveries this quarter, I seem to recall Tesla saying that production could greatly exceed deliveries this year, which I found puzzling at the time. I believe it was back in q1 or q2. Does anyone else recall this?

Found it. Q2 transcript. Was wrong about the greatly exceed.

“And then in terms of deliveries, we expect deliveries to be between 360,000 and 400,000. We expect production to be slightly higher number than that and demand to be slightly higher numbers than that.”

• Informative
Reactions: BBone and humbaba
Hypothesis: long-short funds have maxed out their shorting power, but are able to short more TSLA if their long positions rise in mark-to-market value.

Great comment. I have been wondering about that pattern. I guess it might be useful to consider what other market changes would possibly reverse or would enhance this effect and what opportunities might be uncovered.