Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been living in the South of France since 16 years and couldn't agree more with both of you. Practically no one knows what a Tesla is (except for pre-teen and teenage boys). Once a month someone might stop and ask me about my Model S, but that's as far as it goes. It's a little bit different at the Côte d'Azur, but even in Paris you can hardly spot a Tesla on the streets.

Education about the brand is very important and I agree that the language barrier is huge deterrent. The real percentage for English speaking French people is probably far lower than 39%. So for Tesla to invest extra effort into French YouTube influencers is a great idea!

Personally I love driving in the South of France. The motorways are amazing and so are most country roads. Always beware of the other drivers though, some like to overtake in blind curves, and then there is always the possibility of wild boars crossing the road (but only at dusk).
So if the French are not talking about S3X, what are they talking about?;)
This is a serious question - need to understand wrt the Brexit negotiations because we are getting screwed.:oops:

I have to point out it’s Feb-05 the first day of Chinese New Year, literally no one would work in China for 5 days straight,(it’s considered bad luck for the new year if you have to work in Spring Festival holidays), it’s national holidays.
Shorts would cry out “no activity!!!”. But it is normal, and we might see more activity in two weeks when the holidays in traditional sense ends.

And it's year of the pig too, so $TSLA going to zero!

Tesla is sitting on weekly mid BB, and bottom of cloud. Going above will likely to fill the recent gap near $350, then likely to retest the upper weekly BB which is around $386. The market is going up because of the coming trade deal, now basically a done deal. Sorry this is technical analysis, I know many people view it lowly. I think those short term speculators should pay attention to TA, it's much more reliable than anything else. Long term investors should pay more attention to fundamentals.

That's OK, TA which says the SP will rise and soon, is well tolerated...

About an hour ago on CNBC new panelist Mark Tepper advised viewers to sell Tesla shares, because Model S & X test drives are down 50% year over year. I have no idea where he got that information, but if true:

A temporary dip could have been expected when tax credits were halved. Three more months of free Supercharging is now given to those who choose not to test drive. A car can now be returned for a refund within three days with no questions asked if no test drive was taken. Since most of those cars are made to order, one cannot easily test drive a particular car and then choose to buy it. There are now so many of those cars out there that a great many prospects can now test drive a friend’s car.

By incentivizing not to test drive, fewer employees and test cars are needed at Tesla stores. The business decision to discourage test drives is a sound one. It’s added reason to buy the stock, not sell it.
I've bought this up with Mark Tepper on Twitter, but have not yet received a response from him. Although a Tesla FUDster did respond, and Tepper gave him a "like". Others may want to join the conversation at @MarkTepperSWP

Money manager Tepper started a new anti-Tesla Twitter thread and won't relent: Mark Tepper on Twitter

Please feel free to join the Twitter conversation.

Last edited:
Glovis Cosmos should be within land-based AIS range of the Azores before tomorrow...

Incl. Glovis Captain moored in Zeebrugge, Morning Cindy Moored at Pier 80 and Glovis Courage bound for San Francisco, I am tracking 7 car carriers...

If someone has access to satellite-based AIS, then please share...
They are just moving the cars to different parking lots according to the shortarati.