Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit more downforce and better track performance as well, I suspect.

But the biggest value of a Performance upgrade (be it stealth or physical) is the warranty that Tesla offers for the battery pack and motors that will be under ~10% higher peak load.

Yes, all these well informed Tesla fans have a plethora of statements to exchange.

All I can say is:

"Shut up and take my money!" :)

Last edited:
I know that. I just think it’s important to a low percentage of the population. The car is already too jerky and fast in my opinion. I would feel bad smacking my passenger’s heads on the headrests all the time. Chill mode is not a good solution because it’s too chill.
Perhaps a vehicle with a more "elegant pull away" is needed.:D

New income source coming soon.

Looks like they're going to offer acceleration upgrades. It hasn't launched yet but this disclaimer is brand new in the upgrade section. As someone who has desperately been wanting to pay to upgrade my AWD to a Stealth P, I'm very pleased.

View attachment 489606
The upgrade from 4.4s to 3.9s(unconfirmed) seems somewhat questionable. If this was to the real P number of 3.2s(some say 2.9s?) without the spoiler, brakes, and larger wheels, which reportedly get flats all the time b/c of those specific tires, that'd be a really sweet deal...that could destroy P sales, but as long as 3.9s > 3.2s, P sales should not be affected much.

I don't know what will I do. That's some hard choice to make. Maybe I need to be disciplined and save $2k for CT with 2.9s.

Last edited:
The upgrade to 4.4s to 3.9s(unconfirmed) seems somewhat questionable. If this was to the real P number of 3.2s(some say 2.9s?) without the spoiler, brakes, and larger wheels, which reportedly get flats all the time b/c of those specific tires, that'd be a really sweet deal...that could destroy P sales, but as long as 3.9s > 3.2s, P sales should not be affected much.

I don't know what will I do. That's some hard choice to make. Maybe I need to be disciplined and save $2k for CT with 2.9s.
2020 Performance 3s have a new motor code, perhaps there will be an update for 2020 owners making it better than the stealth

Less than a dollar away from all time intra-day highs...
We came very close there, but bounced pretty hard. It's going to be a battle.

A couple of times in the early portion of this hour, a possible manipulator appears to have attempted a push to prevent TSLA from reaching the all-time intraday high of $389.61 set on 2017 SEP 18. Surpassing that level could inspire buying by institutions and covering by short sellers. The all-time closing high of $385.00 was set that same day, and the price is above that right now.

The intent of the likely manipulation with moderately heavy volume, may have been to trigger stop limits of weak longs (mainly day traders). The ultimate purpose might have been to stave off margin calls to short sellers, which could be starting later today. Virtually all TSLA short sellers now hold a losing position. Institutions that hold positions long-term normally do not trade with such spurts.

Last edited:
Who wants to watch a slaughtering on live tv?
Tesla has made it through its most difficult days, analyst says

Colin Rusch destroys the entire panel including Bethany McLean (Vanity Fair) she wrote the Elon is full of s*** article in August

favorite line “your point was relevant a year and a half ago maybe two years ago now it’s just not”
I can not believe that the bear thesis is still the same old talking points. Could you imagine any other company of any kind in the world being down played because they are taking advantage of a revenue stream? The companies that ignore billion dollar revenue streams that are EASY to get go bankrupt! Seriously. The bears want Tesla to ignore the low hanging fruit for what reason? Yes, I am talking the assorted credits Tesla gets. The ENTIRE point of the credits is what Tesla is using them for. Once the credits go away Tesla will have it's factories built and those costs will be mitigated by the credits so profits are easier to acquire. The established manufacturers are in total control of this and they failed to act on it. The established manufacturers could have used that money to build their own factories. Instead they are paying Tesla to build Tesla factories. That is not Tesla's fault. The bears should be down on the established manufacturers failure. The established manufacturers now have to pay Tesla to build Tesla factories and they still have to raise funds on top of that to build their own. They are so screwed.

Also when the bear thesis says 'If a company loses access to the capital markets it's doomed...' Um... Well.... yes? If ANY company loses access to the capital markets then they are doomed. SO lets just not invest in anything. Right now if Ford or GM lost access to capital markets and their stock plummeted they would go bankrupt.... just ASK GM! My God she just killed her entire argument on this one. It is clear the shorts are in dire straights. 'As long as Tesla has access to capital I would not count them out.', is roughly what she said (3:55 in the clip). Access to capital markets for automakers is typically lost when people stop buying their cars, again like what happened to GM. Tesla is at less of a risk of losing car buyers as the established manufacturers. Tesla's demand is currently going UP world wide. How are the other car makers doing? OH... and it is going up while the established manufacturers are paying Tesla to build Tesla factories. This is laughable. I have never been so confident of my investment before.

Here is the final bit. She says, "If the profits are sustainable then the debate goes away." (4:15).
Hold onto this one.They/she will move the goal posts on this one just like Timely Timmy and his 370 short cover. IF Tesla has a 4 quarter combined profit, she will still claim the same thesis just like Timely Timmy. Suddenly she will be looking at the BIG picture and NEXT quarter they might not profit. Again no one will point out to these misguided over emotional wrecks that the BIG picture is not a quarter by quarter play. If they want to step back and look at a big picture they need to note how things are only looking up, not down.

Elon has been unusually quiet lately. What's he up to?

Unless someone on the website did a mess, no.
Same upgrade appears on the pages, as i wrote earlier, of M3 sr, mr, lr rwd.
Or is a mistake, or is wide campaign for all Tesla. If the latter is the case, under christmas time, means a lot of $$.
I'm struggling to see how this is possible. If there is additional gas in the tank so to speak, then does that come at a risk of battery and drivetrain issues? Seems like it might be some new advancement. Dying to know what's going on with this.

2020 Performance 3s have a new motor code, perhaps there will be an update for 2020 owners making it better than the stealth
Elon did say P cars would have ludicrous mode way back.

It makes zero sense that all models, Model S/X included, would have the same performance upgrade available to them. It's just not physically possible. This is obviously only going to apply to certain models. Specifically, the AWD 3 has by far the most obvious upgrade path.

"A" acceleration upgrade, not "the same" upgrade.

For the time being only an owner of an AWD have seen the source code (4,4 to 3,9) and make sense. No other owner of different models are posting the source code. If they should do, and the source code is showing 4,4 to 3,9 also for them, we will know it's a mistake of the programmers of the website.

In the meantime, on Reddit, quite a few owners of M3P are saying they see the upgrade available.

EDIT: also here on TMC , owner with M3P w/o FSD is seeing AN upgrade available for acceleration.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
A couple of times in the early portion of this hour, a possible manipulator appears to have attempted a push to prevent TSLA from reaching the all-time intraday high of $389.61 set on 2017 SEP 18. Surpassing that level could inspire buying by institutions and covering by short sellers. The all-time closing high of $385.00 was set that same day, and the price is above that right now.

The intent of the likely manipulation with moderately heavy volume, may have been to trigger stop limits of weak longs (mainly day traders). The ultimate purpose might have been to stave off margin calls to short sellers, which could be starting later today. Virtually all TSLA short sellers now hold a losing position. Institutions that hold positions long-term normally do not trade with such spurts.

Thank you Curt for keeping this smiling charlatan front and center.
Never forget what he really is.

Allowing higher speeds without more downforce, I'd expect to be dangerous.

I mean, there's no powertrain reason they couldn't unlock the top speed. But from a safety standpoint...
Yes, but for all but the track folks, top speed is pretty irrelevant. I mean, who really drives their car over 100 miles per hour on a regular basis? It's the acceleration that excites people...and will be what sells this upgrade.

Dan

This should be considered a serious breach of journalist integrity. I’d love nothing more than for this to be shut down quickly through threat of lawsuit. But it will just be picked up by every news source and they will say “Tesla did not comment on the rumors”
Subsequent to your having posted this, there have been posts suggesting that both Reuters and Fox have done effectively just that. I've not checked to see either if that's true or if other dissemblers disseminators also have done so.

But - for them say what you wrote is indeed itself actionable - to my way of thinking. Tesla did respond, and in a timely manner.

Now, it cannot be felicitous for Tesla to become known as The Firm That Wars Against All News Sources. We've seen what has happened in another arena - political - when that has been allowed to develop. But this is skirting terribly closely to being off topic and I will leave it there for all to consider....and post responses only so long as they stay on topic.

I can not believe that the bear thesis is still the same old talking points. Could you imagine any other company of any kind in the world being down played because they are taking advantage of a revenue stream? The companies that ignore billion dollar revenue streams that are EASY to get go bankrupt! Seriously. The bears want Tesla to ignore the low hanging fruit for what reason? Yes, I am talking the assorted credits Tesla gets. The ENTIRE point of the credits is what Tesla is using them for. Once the credits go away Tesla will have it's factories built and those costs will be mitigated by the credits so profits are easier to acquire. The established manufacturers are in total control of this and they failed to act on it. The established manufacturers could have used that money to build their own factories. Instead they are paying Tesla to build Tesla factories. That is not Tesla's fault. The bears should be down on the established manufacturers failure. The established manufacturers now have to pay Tesla to build Tesla factories and they still have to raise funds on top of that to build their own. They are so screwed.

Also when the bear thesis says 'If a company loses access to the capital markets it's doomed...' Um... Well.... yes? If ANY company loses access to the capital markets then they are doomed. SO lets just not invest in anything. Right now if Ford or GM lost access to capital markets and their stock plummeted they would go bankrupt.... just ASK GM! My God she just killed her entire argument on this one. It is clear the shorts are in dire straights. 'As long as Tesla has access to capital I would not count them out.', is roughly what she said (3:55 in the clip). Access to capital markets for automakers is typically lost when people stop buying their cars, again like what happened to GM. Tesla is at less of a risk of losing car buyers as the established manufacturers. Tesla's demand is currently going UP world wide. How are the other car makers doing? OH... and it is going up while the established manufacturers are paying Tesla to build Tesla factories. This is laughable. I have never been so confident of my investment before.

Here is the final bit. She says, "If the profits are sustainable then the debate goes away." (4:15).
Hold onto this one.They/she will move the goal posts on this one just like Timely Timmy and his 370 short cover. IF Tesla has a 4 quarter combined profit, she will still claim the same thesis just like Timely Timmy. Suddenly she will be looking at the BIG picture and NEXT quarter they might not profit. Again no one will point out to these misguided over emotional wrecks that the BIG picture is not a quarter by quarter play. If they want to step back and look at a big picture they need to note how things are only looking up, not down.
Bethany Mclean is just bitter she wrote a journalistic piece with TeslaCharts as her source.
at 14:30 here she discusses Elon Musk and her Vanity Fair piece of anyone is interested in learning more

Last edited:
"A" acceleration upgrade, not "the same" upgrade.

For the time being only an owner of an AWD have seen the source code (4,4 to 3,9) and make sense. No other owner of different models are posting the source code. If they should do, and the source code is showing 4,4 to 3,9 also for them, we will know it's a mistake of the programmers of the website.

In the meantime, on Reddit, quite a few owners of M3P are saying they see the upgrade available.
Nothing for me there.

Yes, but for all but the track folks, top speed is pretty irrelevant. I mean, who really drives their car over 100 miles per hour on a regular basis? It's the acceleration that excites people...and will be what sells this upgrade.

Dan
Even for track folks top speed doesn't really matter. At my local track I can only get to 125 before I run out of room. I'm sure there are faster tracks out there but I can't imagine there are any that realistically are hitting the top speed. Maybe if I could get out on a Nascar track. (not to mention crashing at 160+ is not going to end well)

Elon has been unusually quiet lately. What's he up to?

I'm struggling to see how this is possible. If there is additional gas in the tank so to speak, then does that come at a risk of battery and drivetrain issues? Seems like it might be some new advancement. Dying to know what's going on with this.

Elon did say P cars would have ludicrous mode way back.
Last I saw, he was rolling a pair of shorts into some kind of big cigarette.