Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stealth was being discussed due to reports that Tesla may be offering it as a $2k OTA upgrade, which would be a massive cash influx.
Massive? Have you driven a dual motor 3? It really doesn’t need to be any faster. I don’t see very many people spending $2,000 for an unnecessary acceleration increase. I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Massive? Have you driven a dual motor 3? It really doesn’t need to be any faster. I don’t see very many people spending $2,000 for an unnecessary acceleration increase. I sure as hell wouldn’t.
I don't know if I'd say "massive", but I know plenty of people in Performance 3s who would, myself included, and many AWDs who would pay as well.

Trust me when I say that for performance people, 2k to get more power is nothing. People will spend hundreds of dollars for a few HP.

xy3r4d7a56x11.gif

Off topic? Have you seen the huge “I want a software unlock for dual motor to P thread”?

Or the “I just sold my dual motor to upgrade to Performance” threads.

They just unlocked a TON of resale value for dual motor non P cars. Save the money now and upgrade later or shopping for P? Buy ANY dual motor and upgrade it.

If this comes out before Christmas it will be more $$ to Tesla than additional FSD $$.

I agree that discussion of a software acceleration unlock for $200 is about as on-topic as you can get. What's straying in the weeds is a discussion of the top speeds. There is no indication the acceleration unlock comes with a top-speed increase. And, yes, I was guilty of delving into that. :oops:

Last edited:

The performance increase is for all cars, LR, SR, Dual Motor - a lot of people on Electrek have confirmed this. Even if only 1 - 2% of people upgrade, it’s $10 - $15m in cash immediately. It’s a great move by Tesla and it also makes the cars even more attractive to potential buyers. Win win.

Meanwhile - is this thing going to break $400 before end of year?