Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Massive? Have you driven a dual motor 3? It really doesn’t need to be any faster. I don’t see very many people spending $2,000 for an unnecessary acceleration increase. I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Ah, but that ignores human nature. At least many people's nature. If you have it, $2,000 isn't that much in the bigger scheme of things. You can't take it with you when you leave this life behind. If this is real, and I think it is, it will unleash a wave of very profitable upgrades. Even better, it will wake up the Wall Street analysts to the elephant in the room. Yes, Tesla has a point of sale terminal in every owner's cell phone! For whatever reason, the analysts haven't noticed this yet.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd say "massive", but I know plenty of people in Performance 3s who would, myself included, and many AWDs who would pay as well.

Trust me when I say that for performance people, 2k to get more power is nothing. People will spend hundreds of dollars for a few HP.
I know that. I just think it’s important to a low percentage of the population. The car is already too jerky and fast in my opinion. I would feel bad smacking my passenger’s heads on the headrests all the time. Chill mode is not a good solution because it’s too chill.

From the buildingtesla website, I noticed today that Lathrop now has trucks in the loading docks. We may not yet know what is happening there, but something is happening there. You can see trucks along the loading docs on the lower side of the image. I looked back and it seems traffic started late September and picking up since then.
Anyone local with time on their hands, wonder if a drive by would be informative?
What is Lathrop? Semi assembly, 18650 pack assembly, global parts inventory, Roadster assembly, test facility to new assembly methodology.
There are at least 2 buildings in Lathrop. To the north is a shipping\logistics site. They seem to store the car hauling system for trucks and have some Model 3's, likely switching from short haul to long haul trucks. They probably need a lot more end of quarter to flood the west coast.

lathrop dec 17.PNG

Meanwhile, in shortville. Sméagol is talking about some surface rust that somebody found on a seat bracket as the end of the world, telling Chinese people to not buy a 3 because of the price drop, and generally being an out of touch old man by whining about "millennials" watching people play games online and how it's totally different than watching a guy throw a ball. Seeing his cliché rants about the generation that is now in our 20s and late 30s really tells me a lot about his worldview.

People take investment advice from a guy who doesn't understand social media and during a huge stock rally of his favorite shorted stock doesn't even talk about real issues? Amazing.

Last edited:
Ah, but that ignores human nature. At least many people's nature. If you have it, $2,000 isn't that much in the bigger scheme of things. You can't take it with you when you leave this life behind. If this is real, and I think it is, it will unleash a wave of very profitable upgrades. Even better, it will wake up the Wall Street analysts to the elephant in the room. Yes, Tesla has a point of sale terminal in every owner's cell phone! For whatever reason, the analysts haven't noticed this yet.

Also, lots and lots of TSLA investors have plenty of extra $ to spend on upgrades now. :)

From the buildingtesla website, I noticed today that Lathrop now has trucks in the loading docks. We may not yet know what is happening there, but something is happening there. You can see trucks along the loading docs on the lower side of the image. I looked back and it seems traffic started late September and picking up since then.
Anyone local with time on their hands, wonder if a drive by would be informative?
What is Lathrop? Semi assembly, 18650 pack assembly, global parts inventory, Roadster assembly, test facility to new assembly methodology.
There are at least 2 buildings in Lathrop. To the north is a shipping\logistics site. They seem to store the car hauling system for trucks and have some Model 3's, likely switching from short haul to long haul trucks. They probably need a lot more end of quarter to flood the west coast.

View attachment 489630

That's nearly 3 hours from me, and an hour from where my normal "stomping grounds" are, but if I get a chance I'll take a detour.
Definitely going through there in March, but that's a long way off.

In other news- free bananas all around! :D

O
Meanwhile, in shortville. Sméagol is talking about some surface rust that somebody found on a seat bracket as the end of the world, telling Chinese people to not buy a 3 because of the price drop, and generally being an out of touch old man by whining about "millennials" watching people play games online and how it's totally different than watching a guy throw a ball. Seeing his cliché rants about the generation that is now in our 20s and 30s really tells me a lot about his worldview.

People take investment advice from a guy who doesn't understand social media and during a huge stock rally of his favorite shorted stock doesn't even talk about real issues? Amazing.
Or it is just a means to trigger algobots, no one is actually reading it, and it may even be an AI bot generating the initial 'information' on a seat bracket. The trading algorithms have a high reactivity in the past, but with time and more buying pressure from institutions, the reactivity to 'information' will decrease.