Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a separate thread on Spiegel if you're interested
I'm sure there is, but I already feel like my life is getting sucked into this bottomless pit of Tesla-related factoids, I just... I really can't! Also, I feel any attention we pay to this bottom-feeder -- beyond finding what the latest Shorty conspiracy theory is -- is too much attention. I occasionally check his ramblings for entertainment purposes and also as a form of exposure (as a remote spectator) to the insidious and destructive power of self-delusion and extreme confirmation bias, but other than that, I just hope he loses all his misguided investments and gets sued and found guilty of slander. The angrier and more frustrated he gets, the higher those chances become. Ideally, something happens to force him to regret his actions vs. Tesla and Elon over the past several years, but I believe he's too far gone for that, he'd just get more entrenched in his beliefs and mad at the "unjust world".

Do we REALLY believe he has clients? I mean, people who give this guy their own money for investment purposes, like getting back more than they put in? Other than Mom and Dad? I'm genuinely curious, so if anyone has this info, please share! I realise there's a sucker born every minute, but still... :confused:

If you are talking about Speigel, I did some sleuthing about his fund Stanphyll Capital. Sure enough, Dad's name is Stanley and Mom's name is Phyllis. I would guess most of what he manages is family money. I wonder if Stanley and Phyllis are proud of their boy?

Had some major Christmas purchases to pay for, so cashed in 14 shares @ intraday ATH (I think):

upload_2019-12-19_9-57-34.png

Pretty happy that 5% of my TSLA shares @ $275 avg. have netted 45% profit over the last couple of years! And for my Canadian friends, they were in my TFSA, so no taxes due on that profit :)

This seems like the Shorty Alamo here.

Buying pressure keeps pushing price above $400.
Sell orders keep pushing it below $400.

This only lasts a bit longer until the shorts are out of ammo (again) and we shoot up (yet again). We've seen this a few times already.

It's like the ass-man Seinfeld episode. You've seen it several times before, but you continue to want to watch it.
hqdefault.jpg

If you are talking about Speigel, I did some sleuthing about his fund Stanphyll Capital. Sure enough, Dad's name is Stanley and Mom's name is Phyllis. I would guess most of what he manages is family money. I wonder if Stanley and Phyllis are proud of their boy?
Certainly pushing the boundaries of "unconditional love". LOL!

Dan