Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8884F319-972D-480A-B9F1-50757851CD87.jpeg

Do we REALLY believe he has clients? I mean, people who give this guy their own money for investment purposes, like getting back more than they put in? Other than Mom and Dad? I'm genuinely curious, so if anyone has this info, please share! I realise there's a sucker born every minute, but still... :confused:

The only client I am aware of who has been publicly identified is David Rocker, one of the top short-selling hedge fund managers (retired), who was also separately short Tesla (there may be others -- I don't follow this lunatic closely).

So if you're already short Tesla, and an experienced hedge fund manager, why on earth would you pay management fees to Spiegel:

One interesting factoid about Spiegel is that David Rocker, a famous short hedge fund manager, has said that he both shorted Tesla on his own and also has invested in Spiegel's fund. Elon Musk Versus the Haters

While Rocker is "retired" and no longer runs a hedge fund, he is certainly capable of calling his broker and shorting Tesla, which he has in fact done.

So why "invest" in Stanphyl and pay management fees (usually very high for hedge funds) except as a way to funnel cash to Spiegel via management fees to pay for his Twitter ravings, occasional presentation at events like the Robin Hood conference, etc.

I wonder what percentage of Spiegel's micro-fund is from people affiliated with hedge funds who are short Tesla or ICE interests who want Tesla to fail and are "investing" in Stanphyl to support Spiegel's FUD campaign.

PS There is a separate thread on Spiegel if you're interested:

Stanphyl Capital and Mark Spiegel

Last edited:

Ah, the Boeing approach.
According to information from Manager Magazin , the ID.3 will continue to be built for months without a complete software architecture. The wagons would then be parked in specially rented parking lots, according to company circles. In spring, service teams with mobile computer stations should install new software for the first 10,000 ID.3.

According to Manager Magazine, the ID.3 will be built for months without a full software architecture. The cars would then be parked in specially rented parking lots, according to company sources. In the spring, service teams with mobile computer stations were to add new software to the first 10,000 ID.3.

A second wave is planned for mid-May, with a total of more than 20,000 ID.3 to be reworked, according to Manager Magazin. Only then could the new electric car be installed as planned – and has long been common at US industry leader Tesla – via "over-the-air" updates.

I guess we found those parking lots where you put cars you can't sell that the shorts had been talking so much about... :eek:

When is spring in Germany? So they are only going to make 10k cars in 4-5 months, and they are going to park them and let them sit? I wonder what that will do to the battery... It is like they are trying to replicate the lots that they have all the dieselgate cars parked in all over the US.