Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe we are expecting a slight sell off at the beginning of year. Sentiment is that investors are waiting to take profit so they can get taxed in 2021 versus 2020. But no telling what news will come. If deliveries are huge it could be a catalyst to go even higher.

While I was half expecting the usual short week shorting this week and, yes, next week as well, the strength this week bodes well, imho. Besides the selling in the new year for tax purposes could equally well apply to those wanting to exit other offerings and enter TSLA, couldn’t it?

Plus, we start getting actual Q4 performance numbers soon and those might be, um, fairly positive especially relative to the negative narrative the press corps so diligently maintains.

How much stock would a short seller short, if a short seller could still short? :p

Ummm, nursery rhymes aren’t poetry, right? :rolleyes:

Wow! That's quite a bundle of upgrades!

I like the voice control of the web browser and climate control.
Yes, climate especially has been most welcome. My smart car felt kinda dumb in regards to some of the basic controls.

While I was half expecting the usual short week shorting this week and, yes, next week as well, the strength this week bodes well, imho. Besides the selling in the new year for tax purposes could equally well apply to those wanting to exit other offerings and enter TSLA, couldn’t it?

Ummm, nursery rhymes aren’t poetry, right? :rolleyes:
The whole market is very much up for the year and you have to put your money somewhere.

Reactions: wipster and capster
Realistically, I think the question is:

How much extra time will the Germans need to get GF4 ready compared to the Chinese and GF3?

Even with the GF3 blueprints on hand I am guessing at least 4(*) months and hope for at most 12...

(*) Unlike GF3, the GF4 site has to be cleared of its pine plantation (presumably incl. roots) and checked for WW2 ordnance, that's gotta take at least a month.

GF 3 is on reclaimed oceanfront muddy field requiring piles and tsunami mitigation.

The producer of the show told his assistant to find two "hippy looking dreamers who know nothing about stocks or finance to pump the stock" figuring it would help prevent more people from piling onto the stock.

This tells me the Tesla detractors are planning an important attack on the share price, either at the end of the day today or in the last two trading days of the year. But it probably won't be very effective or last very long because everyone and their brother is waiting for lower prices so they can either jump on the train or cover their shorts before they end up in the poorhouse.

ARK Invest CEO Cathie Wood was supposed to be discussing Tesla earlier in that hour on CNBC. Did anyone here see her? CNBC does not appear to have posted the video of that interview on YouTube or their main website.

ARK Invest (@ARKInvest) | Twitter

Last edited:
ARK Invest CEO Cathie Wood was supposed to be discussing Tesla earlier in that hour on CNBC. Did anyone here see her? CNBC has not posted the video of that interview. :rolleyes:

ARK Invest (@ARKInvest) | Twitter

When I try to play the video link on the Twitter site it takes me to CNBC and then tells me I have privacy mode enabled (I don't) or I have blocked cookies (I haven't). They don't want me to see what Cathie Wood has to say about Tesla.

I want to clarify, that as stated in my previous posts, I’m a big fan of deleveraging when someone succeeds in leveraged investing. It’s only the speed of the deleveraging that is at question, and looking beyond just one goal in building a personal net worth.

As for the time it takes to manage a leveraged investment, if I was doing it efficiently I think I could accomplish that in one hour per week, including scanning this forum for the most pertinent information.

But what fun is efficiency? I spend at least one hour per day reading this forum just for kicks. Sometimes two hours.

You all have become like friends to me. I also have non-virtual friends, but few of them want to talk to me much about Tesla, and when they do, they mostly echo what they read in the MSM. Every one of them thinks I’m out of mind for investing in TSLA. But maybe not so much after this month!

Love you too Sancho! But still, playing with fire on daily basis requires a certain level of attention (investing in TSLA), playing with dynamite (investing using TSLA options) is a level of attention at which I personally draw the line. There's a big difference between dealing with the risk of burning up my eyebrows and the risk of blowing my head off!

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
If we are making plays to try to time the market, negate market highs/frothiness/macros etc etc we can always park some funds as cash.
cheers!!

I generally do have quite a bit of cash on hand. But I don't like to let it rise above 30% for any length of time. Too risky. Cash is not the panacea against risk that many perceive it to be. Stocks are. Even government bonds come with the cash risk (unless they are TIP's which they have stopped issuing).

When I try to play the video link on the Twitter site it takes me to CNBC and then tells me I have privacy mode enabled (I don't) or I have blocked cookies (I haven't). They don't want me to see what Cathie Wood has to say about Tesla.
CNBC is probably using the TSLAQ blocklist now.

What a boring trading day.....which coincidentally we actually get some sort of news on from Tesla. Go figure

T-minus 3 trading days until Q4 prod/delivery numbers. Potentially only 2 trading days if Tesla wants to release numbers on Thursday morning :)

It is a Friday, therefore weekly options expire. It's not a quarterly Triple Witching Day, but it is the last expiration this year, so the options trading volume is rather high. Based on open interest before the market opening, Opricot calulated MaxPain as $415, but that is skewed low due to many puts that will be expiring worthless. Right now it appears that $430 is a more reasonable target for option writers that might feel able to manipulate.