Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a lot of people, even here are underestimating demand for updated/refreshed S/X. I could see current S/X staying around these sales levels 16-18k for Q1 and Q2 but easily go back up to 25k, (maybe even higher due to pent up demand) for Q3 and Q4 with the updates, especially if the updates are significant like a big leap in range. My estimate on S/X sales for 2020 would be closer to 80-90k
I agree. People are underestimating the "mileage" we are going to get out of the Raven upgrade. I have spoken with people who actually have ravens and with several Tesla sales people. They all say the raven is significantly better than pre-ravens. I don't see why S and X can't get back to 100K per year, even with Plaid on the horizon. JMO.

Today's closing:

-3.9% FCAU
-2.8% GM
-2.2% F

+3.0% TSLA
-2.4% VWAG
-1.8% HMC
-1.1% TM
-2.8% DDAIF
-1.1% RACE

Which one doesn't belong? All OEM are losing market share to Tesla with its 50% YOY growth. Amazing.
TSLA had a great run-up to the P&D numbers report, and yet still managed a 3% gain today despite the worst trading day of the Markets in over four weeks. Kudos to Elon and his entire Team. We thank you all, and wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2020. Thanks also to all the TMC mods and contributors which makes this an outstanding forum of information. Keep it true.

(Curt, I hope you don't mind the colour.)

TSLA is in such a good position here. I have a few buddies that want to get in on the stock, but feel priced out currently. I think there are a good amount of people waiting for it to come down and so something like a revenue miss would simply bring in a new wave of buyers. The sentiment at the moment is Tesla is breaking out and if the train slows down at all you better hop on because it’s going to pick up quickly.

It’s just crazy to think where we were in the summer and now hear people saying “if it gets back down to $380 I’m jumping in”

Funny thought about the discussion over Plaid and raven above, does it not feel like a page out of Apple recently? “Here’s our one camera phone for cheap or you can have two/three cameras for a bit more” essentially correlate that to “how many motors would you like?” I say that because it’s just adding another motor or a bigger battery pack, the car itself doesn’t need to be refit for this stuff so technically production upgrades should be easy. Although, Musk did say recently that prototypes are easy and production is hard when asked about plaid powertrain being on SpaceX first so who knows maybe the simplicity of it isn’t there.

I don't understand their game anymore though. Tesla is self funding, and has access to as much capital as they need. Forcing the stock to stay at 400 vs 500 doesn't seem to benefit them.
Uncle Jack estimates that every day fossil interests can delay the transition to clean energy nets them a few billion dollars. And they've extracted daily delays since 1978:

The Tesla Conspiracy... or Am I a Dead Whistleblower? - EVTV Motor Verks

These people will not quit of their own free will (or guilty conscience). Their access to capital places them in an unholy alliance with Wall St and Big Auto. Only by transitioning to EVs can we create the demand problem for carbon that will ultimately disassemble the fossil economy.

I think that's why these fossil fools lie and deny so vociferously about their imagined 'demand' problem for Tesla. Given the choice, any rational consumer will choose clean energy.

Now, we are millions. By the end of this decade, we will number in the billions. Fremont first. 上海下一步. Berlin dritter.

Let's roll.

Cheers!

Tesla doesn't have the battery capacity to do that unless they bring back a short range model, or switch to 2170s and starve other products.
Tesla could make a new high performance 2170 battery pack for the S/X that is 120kwh or higher, and still continue to use the old format cells for a 100kwh pack. They would not lose the capacity of the older cell lines that way and could shift to 25k S/X per quarter without taking too many 2170 cells from other products.

Maybe you can help poor Lora out? :D:D:D
"poor Lora" made her millions climbing into bed with Chanos during the Enron years. There's no doubt he's feeding her these 'doubts' to induce lingering fears in investors.

Just look at some of the weak longs on this forum, who successfully dodged a big payday today by taking council of those fears. B.A.U. in FUDsville.

Advice? Stop reading twitter.

Coincidences pretty nicely with the reports of Panasonic ramping from 32 to 54 Gigawatt capacity by mid 2020 and also Chinese battery cell makers ramping up as well(with Giga 3 making the battery packs).

Sure the Y will ramping but I think by Q3 2020, there would be enough battery capacity to spare 25k S/X every quarter.

…...I do not think for a second the Plaid S was running 18650 battery cells during it's lap tests.
Do you have link to reports of Panasonic ramping 54GWh capacity? (I believe that their Nevada manager merely contemplated that they could do it according to a report.)

The fact that Tesla sold 7k more vehicles than they produced this quarter really puts another nail in the "no demand" coffin.

What is really impressive is they did it without freebies and "wink wink" big discounts on inventory cars.

People brag about getting those. Didn't hear any bragging this time.

Not before you see this tweet from Dana Hull, where she writes a straight up positive article about Tesla hitting it's stride and gets attacked by TSLAQ.

Dana Hull ‍ on Twitter
Ok this is the last time I click on a Twitter feed.

Freaking people are stupid/nuts/delusional:eek:

Do you have link to reports of Panasonic ramping 54GWh capacity? (I believe that their Nevada manager merely contemplated that they could do it according to a report.)
yeah that's the only thing recent with Panasonic using the media to tell Tesla that they are ready for 54GWh. Oddly suspicious that they don't have anything official to announce with an expansion. Can't wait for battery day to finally get the scoop on what's going on.

Can't believe I've read 6000 pages. that is ~3x more than War and Peace alltogether and 100x more constant dramatic suspense, from '420' tweet to oral hearing before judge Nathan, from demand cliff to the moon itself.

you people are beyond of awesome :)
As far as I can tell you've only read 5,999 pages plus one post. Slacker.

Off-topic, but guys we have won. We even have Dale Earnhart fans now.
IMG0680.jpg

Yep, it's a Model 3 with THE Number 3 wrap.

That is anti-redneck vandalism protection.

upload_2020-1-3_20-51-59.jpeg

Last edited: