Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When would you recommend worrying?
You are invested in TSLA for how long?
Honestly what are you worried about? Before AAPL's last split long ago I'd watch AAPL go down $50+/share in a day thanks to manipulations or just stupid macros. 2008 was a freaking nightmare. I survived. It's just money (lots and lots of money down the crapper). If macros crash the markets then what else is there safer than a growth stock like TSLA. Assuming we end up in the war to end all stupid wars, eventually it will end as they all do and TSLA will come back. If Tesla doesn't come back there's a good chance nothing else will matter in 20 years anyway. If your time horizon for investing is months or a couple years you shouldn't be in TSLA to begin with. My only real concern is for all the potential casualties this war crime is going to inflict on both sides. It will get real nasty everywhere.

Probably a negotiated response. I’d even speculate as far as Iranian-US deal prior to the strike killing the General, bc certain powers that be in Iran were internally opposed to the General.

But I’m assuming no one is THAT reckless in their actions at this level of dealings and their higher risks, etc.
I doubt carefully negotiated but definitely on the we want to respond but we don't want to escalate menu option for Iran.

This would be tremendous if it holds. No casualties? Wonder how it is possible. Press claimed a dozen missiles.
I saw this in a FB post...

"I spent a year of my life at Al Assad. Received incoming rocket/mortar fire weekly. It is a HUGE base with a ton of empty space. Hope and prayers that all incoming fell harmlessly into the desert."

I was in the process of separating from the advisor for poor returns after a 5-year window. He did his best to explain to me all the things I should be fearful of if I did not have his company's guidance. This was a large insurance/investment company that I choose not to name.
I told him that I had made my decision and I understood that I was taking full responsibility for my decisions and my money. He had nothing to offer and 5 years of returns that were close to what he had to offer (nothing). His parting shot to me was his advice to sell Tesla...
I have been "fired" from two investment advisors. The first was years ago for refusing to sell APPL, the second was for refusing to purchase their "index" fund with high management costs. I'm sure if I ever agreed to another advisor, I would have been fired for refusing to sell TSLA.

I have been through many cycles before...the euphoria that Ive seen on this MB Ive seen many times...yes we are all making money and having fun but this kind if euphoria puts me on full alert...I called 480 as a temporary top earlier today and hedged with bitcoin and glad I did...Iran type of news will firm up safety plays like gold, oil, bitcoin.

We need oil to price gasoline out of the market. Idiots will buy giant SUVs and big trucks as long as gas is less than $3 a gallon. When gas moves above $3 a gallon, suddenly, everyone panics and is looking for a way to lower fuel costs. That's why hybrids took off in 2007.

I personally wish gas would go to $6 a gallon and in 6 months, all those irritating F150s would be sitting on "buy her, pay here" car lots begging for ANYONE to buy them. Meanwhile, EVs couldn't be produced fast enough! And WHO would be best positioned to lead the EV charge? Well doh!
EVs (model 3s) are maxed out already and every one will sell if gas is $1 or $10. All high gas prices are going to do is give $$ to Saudis and Russians and put unproductive wells back in play. Oil to zero is the only way.

Apparently there have been no US casualties. Trump is reportedly considering an address to the nation tonight. The macros and TSLA started to pick up from bottoms in after hours trading.

After hours trading in TSLA ended at the beginning of the current hour. But trading in stock index futures has continued and they've had another recovery spurt.

Sometimes ... Share price is not really that impo

Believe me ... he's happy to put everyone else's kids on that line .... it's disgusting behavior from a childish leader who has no moral compass whatsoever .....

Draft dodger who claims to be a patriot .....

F Trump.

Yeah so let’s punish his kid for what the father did. That’ll really show him!

Sometimes ... Share price is not really that impo

Believe me ... he's happy to put everyone else's kids on that line .... it's disgusting behavior from a childish leader who has no moral compass whatsoever .....

Draft dodger who claims to be a patriot .....

F Trump.

You just described pretty much every politician for the last 50 years, except Ron Paul.