Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either the whole market tanks except for defense contractors and we enter a recession (tesla will fare better than most) or these idiots will remember that Teslas don't run on oil and it will be a positive pressure.

Or our dear leader fixes the issue with tact and diplomacy. (Sigh)

(Phone post is my excuse for extra awkward phrasing)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Iran has to respond somehow, thanks to our president. Some missiles slung at a base in Iraq without causing mass casualties is about as good as it gets for world peace. The markets will recover once full details are out.

I’m concerned that the decision makers in both countries are now in the midst of a series of events where feeling as if “what’s been done to them” “has to be answered” with a military strike. I’d be very glad to be mistaken in my interpretation, but I have strong concerns we are in the early innings of this back and forth. These concerns are not about Tesla.

I tried to write this without a political focus or ‘blame.’ If anybody feels I did a poor job of this, please go ahead and give me a disagree (if you must, lols) and PM me where you think I’m mistaken (I do mean that, as long as it’s a respectful PM), rather than unintentionally get a political dialogue going here.

Either the whole market tanks except for defense contractors and we enter a recession (tesla will fare better than most) or these idiots will remember that Teslas don't run on oil we it will be a positive pressure.

Or our dear leader fixes the issue with tact and diplomacy. (Sigh)

LoL with tact and diplomacy. You know he'll retweet some supporter's photoshop pic of him with a nuke strapped to his pants like a dildo.

I’m concerned that the decision makers in both countries are now in the midst of a series of events where feeling as if “what’s been done to them” “has to be answered” with a military strike. I’d be very glad to be mistaken in my interpretation, but I have strong concerns we are in the early innings of this back and forth. These concerns are not about Tesla.
This will be far easier to deal with than some of the alternatives, i.e. bombing civilians on us soil.

Iran has to respond somehow, thanks to our president. Some missiles slung at a base in Iraq without causing mass casualties is about as good as it gets for world peace. The markets will recover once full details are out.

Apparently there have been no US casualties. Trump is reportedly considering an address to the nation tonight. The macros and TSLA started to pick up from bottoms in after hours trading.

What did he recommend you put that money into instead??
I was in the process of separating from the advisor for poor returns after a 5-year window. He did his best to explain to me all the things I should be fearful of if I did not have his company's guidance. This was a large insurance/investment company that I choose not to name.
I told him that I had made my decision and I understood that I was taking full responsibility for my decisions and my money. He had nothing to offer and 5 years of returns that were close to what he had to offer (nothing). His parting shot to me was his advice to sell Tesla...

Folks - a little turmoil in the middle east - hopefully without loss of lives, is what we REALLY need. Oil has been too cheap for too long. We need another period like 2007-2010 when gas was around $4-$5 a gallon. You think $470 is a good SP, just wait til gas hits $4 a gallon again. Tesla could sell cars for any price they name!

We needed something to shake up these cheap oil prices, and we just got a gift. Come on oil prices, do your thing!
Not if the big oil short conspiracy is true, just gives them more $$ to F with TSLA. If not true just gives more $$ to those who are not going to be spending it on EVs and solar panels. It’s better if oil just goes to 0.

Apparently there have been no US casualties. Trump is reportedly considering an address the nation tonight. The macros and TSLA started to pick up from bottoms in after hours trading.
Yes I'm sure all us soldiers in Iraq were told to expect something like this and so hopefully no one was having a smoke in the open at 1 am. Also I'm sure they had all their abm defenses turned on.

Hopefully our prez has a speech with a lot of angry words and no tomahawks and both sides can take a step back.

Dude, I love Elon but that was some plaid level nerd spasm, not a groove in sight.

When the woman with the mic said, go ahead Elon dance (IIRC), my guess of Elon’s thought process

- not dancing now will not be a good look

- I’d have to blow people away like Napoleon D in the last scene of his movie to not get crushed in the media for sucky dancing even if it’s average to good

-therefore there is no winning in actually trying to dance well enough not to get hazed in the media... actually trying makes the hazing more stinging

- therefore dance ridiculously awkwardly and goofy, super happy... some will figure out what I’ve done and have a laugh (maybe even point out my new 3D chess piece dance move in some internet comments)

Not if the big oil short conspiracy is true, just gives them more $$ to F with TSLA. If not true just gives more $$ to those who are not going to be spending it on EVs and solar panels. It’s better if oil just goes to 0.

We need oil to price gasoline out of the market. Idiots will buy giant SUVs and big trucks as long as gas is less than $3 a gallon. When gas moves above $3 a gallon, suddenly, everyone panics and is looking for a way to lower fuel costs. That's why hybrids took off in 2007.

I personally wish gas would go to $6 a gallon and in 6 months, all those irritating F150s would be sitting on "buy her, pay here" car lots begging for ANYONE to buy them. Meanwhile, EVs couldn't be produced fast enough! And WHO would be best positioned to lead the EV charge? Well doh!

Probably a negotiated response. I’d even speculate as far as Iranian-US deal prior to the strike killing the General, bc certain powers that be in Iran were internally opposed to the General.

But I’m assuming no one is THAT reckless in their actions at this level of dealings and their higher risks, etc.

Reactions: BBone and AlexS
This would be tremendous if it holds. No casualties? Wonder how it is possible. Press claimed a dozen missiles.

Hey boys we poked Iran in the eye so they're prolly gonna poke us back. I want you boys to stay cozy in your hardened bunkers tonight!

Also thank Iran for doing it at 130 am when no one's out and about, that was likely on purpose too.

• Helpful
Reactions: saniflash
Probably a negotiated response. I’d even speculate as far as Iranian-US deal prior to the strike killing the General, bc certain powers that be in Iran were internally opposed to the General.

But I’m assuming no one is THAT reckless in their actions at this level of dealings and their higher risks, etc.

I was wondering if any chance, even a 1% chance tonight’s missile strike was a negotiated face saver, but wasn’t as bold as you to post something so likely to get a ton of grief as PollyAnnish ; ) well, Trump’s address might give some light on whether this is much of a possibility at all.

No one? Have you been paying attention the last 3 years?