Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(waves hand frenetically) OOOH, OOOH, I KNOW! The SP is gonna make that Bollinger dude its biatch!
This is the only type of Bollinger I'm thinking about today.
bollinger-special-cuvee-ny-flaska-2012.jpg

Interestingly some of the mining/lithium companies as Albemarle and Sociedad Quimica is up 5-8% today, even first Solar is up almost 3%. Nasdaq and Dow Jones barely up. Maybe it's a coincidence but looks like an environmental surge.

For a brief period of like 3 days I owned some of these to diversify a bit before I said screw that. Glad I did because they are way behind Tesla.

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Short Interest

This should actually be accurate, unlike Ihor's methodology.

So ended the year pretty much as started, although the days to cover halved.
Does this mean Adam Jonas will raise his PT to $20 soon?

You know what's interesting is this story about Baille Gifford doing some due diligence last year to help determine whether to maintain their ~10% stake in Tesla when the SP was getting hammered. A few outlets have tried to make a big deal out of this today, but it's just a story about a large investor doing appropriate due dilligence in the best interest of their clients.

And?

And they determined, after extensive reviews, to maintain their position. Their clients are now looking at a combined $5 - $6bn profit on initial investment.

Morale of this story is that for those who were willing to work to find out where TSLA really was, the reward has been well worth it. If there had been something critically wrong at Tesla, they probably would have found it. What stinks about Jonas' Bear/Bull case is that he basically said, I have no idea, and showed no inclination to find out. He was definitely not alone in doing that.

Even though Tesla is 100% of my portfolio and I feel no inhibition whatsoever putting more money in, when I manage my mother's retirement fund I feel uneasy doing so. Is that normal, prudent, or doubt?
If you feel uneasy, don't do it. That right there is a warning sign that you know, for whatever reason. Anything can happen, even low probability events.

I don't talk about my investments with much of anybody (pretty much just my wife). When I bought into $TSLA I was passionate enough about it and said something to my mother that she ended up putting a pittance into it. Which has done well, but it was her choice.

Wikipedia says population only 136k in that area. Tells you how strong demand is in Norway when they are targeting such small areas.
Actually Sarpsborg is in the twin city of Sarpsborg-Fredrikstad, and covers most of southern Østfold, while Moss SC that came last year covers northern Østfold and SE Akershus. SE Akershus has around 200 000 people, while Østfold has 290 000 people. All of this is within about 70min of commuting into Oslo. So Moss also potentially covers the SE part of Oslo with another 75-100 000 people. Earlier all these customers had to travel to Oslo for a SC now they can stay within their area, and might even offload some customers living on Oslo's southern border. So I would say when both Moss and Sarpsborg is done they've got the whole of the southern part of metropolitan area of Oslo covered.
They are currently doing the same on the western part of the Oslo-fjord which is the western part of Oslos's metropolitan area. So slowly the whole Oslo region is getting GOOD SC coverage.

I wonder how many people have tripled their money by buying near the 52 week low? The lowest I managed was $199 and that was just a small amount. Most of mine are in the low 300's.

All of mine are at ~$200. I've done the mental gymnastics of "if only I had sold at each 52-week high and bought back in <$200" but that's not productive thinking. Every time TSLA hit a 52-week high and I thought of selling to play a swing my inner voice said two things: 1) you don't need to touch this money which is why you got into TSLA knowing it was for the long haul and 2) this might be the breakout after which TSLA becomes more of a steady growth stock and less a roller coaster and if you sell now hoping to catch a swing you could be left in the dust.

So for a few years now I've sat and done nothing except sweat when TSLA was below $200 and smile at TSLA above $200. And I'm still smiling.

Why do I suspect that the German car industry will try to delay the
Construction of the Tesla factory .
Is there any land available in Poland
I would not be surprised if a large short or VW hired protesters, or spent a little facebook money to stir up trouble. I'm sure Elon has a team to maintain maximum pressure to continue moving forward.

Reactions: FrankSG and humbaba