Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That we're not going to go much higher.
well, if you think the stock has peaked, by all means sell it off. Since we have near daily new all time highs... there simply isn't an established trading range to know. It might go to $600 today, or crash to $300.

Heck if I know, but given the evidence? I'm going with this isn't a peak.

Guys, Im having to live with you seeing you all get rich! Pretty wild. Short squeeze in effect. If I had stock I would be selling at the first sight of weakness. And yes this is a recommendation from the guy who sold at 350 so you know it is good advice :).
Ever since Q3 earnings came out. I always keep asking myself: Why sell? Fundamentally everything is looking more positive.

A large percentage of us aren't trading. The fundamentals look good enough that Tesla is on the path towards justifying these valuations. Even if there is massive volatility, the trajectory still seems up.

OK, I sold all of my most speculative (far out of the money) call options this morning. Thank you, short sellers, for making them so cheap to purchase last year! Still holding the $320's that expire this Friday. If the short-sellers are the sweet darlings I think they are, these will continue to climb before they expire. I just wish I knew how much fuel is in the orbital booster stage of this most excellent Falcon rocket. I'm holding these because I think the ground crew might have filled the fuel tanks beyond what was necessary to hit orbital velocity! And I want to have something to jettison in case we fly too high before Friday rolls around!

CNBC - "You ever seen anything like this?"

Ummmmm…..yes. Are you guys really acting like Amazon or Apple never happened!??!?!

Dear lord you would think after the beating CNBC took on their coverage of Amazon(being wrong......month after month...year after year) that they would know that these sorts of things happen with companies that share the same characteristics.
The angry guy said “it’s just a short squeeze. Not hard to figure out. It doesn’t have to be complicated.” Then another guy said “it’s not always the fundamentals that drive a stock”
But the angry guy said “Tesla miles are not real, they are human miles, Waymo is autonomous miles!!” Someone should have asked if it’s better we human train a neural net/chip or put a $400k box of lasers on our cars?

Well, a 2% trailing stop sell order keeps me in if the stock keeps going up, and it only executes if there's a >2% drop from the high.
I didn't respond to that post, just the "is it peaking" one. Whatever floats your boat.

For what its worth, late last week would've triggered that I think. But, sure, if the stock were to tank a stop loss helps. Market makers love them some stop loss orders.

Well, a 2% trailing stop sell order keeps me in if the stock keeps going up, and it only executes if there's a >2% drop from the high.

You're only willing to take a measly 2% haircut? :confused:

I can't find a chart of an extended, multi-year bull run that didn't drop at least 20% before minting a lot of millionaires! Might as well just sell now!

I'm not typically a vengeful person, but I really want the short sellers to be scared right now! Because I remember how I felt back in May last year, and how much doubt I had at one point as the stock price was crashing through $200, and the only thing that helped me regain confidence was this forum. And I couldn't be more pleased with how radically, and how quickly, things changed.

So, yeah, how do you like them apples, Shortz?

The angry guy said “it’s just a short squeeze. Not hard to figure out. It doesn’t have to be complicated.” Then another guy said “it’s not always the fundamentals that drive a stock”
But the angry guy said “Tesla miles are not real, they are human miles, Waymo is autonomous miles!!” Someone should have asked if it’s better we human train a neural net/chip or put a $400k box of lasers on our cars?

It's gotten to the point where I actually enjoy CNBC's "hot takes" and dismissals, the same way I enjoyed it during the Amazon run lol. ;)

Yummy Salty Tears - Cartman GIF - Cartman SaltyTears Sadness - Discover & Share GIFs

Ever since Q3 earnings came out. I always keep asking myself: Why sell? Fundamentally everything is looking more positive.

i've been holding for over 3 years, occasionally trying to sell or buy 5% of my shares on swings (at roughly a 50% success rate). but what you said is where i've been at for the last 9 months: Sure, I could cash out and bank huge profits. But then I'd just have a big pile of cash that i'd have to invest into something, and I can't think of an investment that looks as good as Tesla to me right now. Just doesn't make sense to sell.

Either @Fact Checking or @ReflexFunds (I can't remember which one, I love both of their contributions to this forum) shared this Friday's option expiration details with us last week. The amount of $500 calls expiring is very large (like 15k contracts iirc), so they have a lot of reasons to defend $500 hard. The fact that they're already struggling to keep TSLA SP below $500 on Monday, doesn't bode well for their ability to do so later in the week.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to buy shares to delta hedge once they lose control and can't keep it below $500? Meaning that if it does break out, it's likely to break out big?

Speaking of the devil, just shot up over $500 again. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that I live in Asia and need to sleep for most of the hours the market is open. On one hand, I can't watch these epic battles and rallies unfold live. On the other hand, I don't think I'd get anything done and just watch the stock move all day :D
Max Pain: 390.0

/S

CNBC - "You ever seen anything like this?"

Ummmmm…..yes. Are you guys really acting like Amazon or Apple never happened!??!?!

Dear lord you would think after the beating CNBC took on their coverage of Amazon(being wrong......month after month...year after year) that they would know that these sorts of things happen with companies that share the same characteristics.
I especially liked the comment that it is all because of 2020 euphoria. Nothing to do with fundamentals. These folks just can't comprehend what they are seeing. Weird that Cramer called this weeks ago.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Would be really great for a collection of TMC heavy hitters to create a blog post /open letter explaining why they are still holding at these levels and share how many TSLA shares their collection represents.

i just outlined my reasons above. i've only got 1700 shares though, i doubt that makes me a heavy hitter.

well, if you think the stock has peaked, by all means sell it off. Since we have near daily new all time highs... there simply isn't an established trading range to know. It might go to $600 today, or crash to $300.

Heck if I know, but given the evidence? I'm going with this isn't a peak.
Hard to predict. I'm in for the long run so don't worry about when to sell. I've held on through highs and lows. Pleasant surprise now that I have a 100%+ gain but I'm not selling (and not counting on anything except the long term).