Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short squeeze continues.

Everyone who shorted at $260 and nuder now, and hasn't covered, has lost more than 100% of their money.

Someone who shorted at $300 has now lost over 73% of their money
Someone who shorted at $350 has now lost over 49% of their money
Even someone whoe shorted near the 2017-19 highs of ~$380 has now lost 37% of their money now.

Is that how it works?

Because looking at the short selling calculator, those who started shorting at 260 now has a -188% return assuming a margin interest of 8% and 50% was margin.

You sell a stock short for 260. A year later, you buy it back at 515.

Every time the shorts take a breath, the coils tighten. Wow.

upload_2020-1-13_11-21-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-13_11-20-35.png
    upload_2020-1-13_11-20-35.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 40
Your local forward observer checking in. Hey shorts! Besides calling me names, there is a reason I have chosen MajorBS49 as my call sign. Other than trying to explain the 49 as the year of my birth and association with the California gold rush. The first part should be self explanatory as to your attacks on Tesla. Okay, okay, my retired military rank and my initials. Taking it in the shorts today, are you “shorts.”

My fundamentals are physically observed facts, not hypothetical dribble.

I am going out on a limb here ~ I agree, we may be seeing the tipping point away from fossil fuel.:D And, launch is correct ~ $39.28:cool: at the moment.

Interestingly some of the mining/lithium companies as Albemarle and Sociedad Quimica is up 5-8% today, even first Solar is up almost 3%. Nasdaq and Dow Jones barely up. Maybe it's a coincidence but looks like an environmental surge.

I think you're right. People are recognizing that the tide has turned on climate denial and now we have to do something about it. And the longer we have procrastinated taking action, the more forceful we have to be when we finally do.

Regardless of what you think about hydrogen "fool's cells", even my Ballard Power (BLDP) is up in one day more than it's entire cost basis from 3 1/2 years ago! This fuel cell foolishness seems like a bubble to me - but you never know.

I'm not a heavy trader.. what do you think of a 2% trailing stop sell order?

I sold half of my "trading TSLA" shares (short-term buys avg @$285) at $391, then another half of the remainder at at 488.
I'm getting nervous with the remaining 25% still open.

I still have a ton of TSLA in my retirement account (avg @$236), so I'm still in long-term.

meh, 500 is a speed bump. Nothing compared to 420, which also didn't hold.

Shortzes will likely make their last stand at $555 (in the vain hope of denying Elon his payday). It won't hold, because Elon isn't working for MONEY. He's working to make progress, the kind EVERYBODY wants. Thats why Tesla's sell for a premium, and that applies to TSLA as well.

We'll blow thru $555 like a hot knife thru butter, then Index Funds buying for the S&P 500 will boost us thru the ionosphere on pure impulse power.

Cheers!
Yeah, that aged well. :cool:

TSLA.chart.2020-01-13.12-23.png

I'm not a heavy trader.. what do you think of a 2% trailing stop sell order?

I sold half of my "trading TSLA" shares (short-term buys avg @$285) at $391, then another half of the remainder at at 488.
I'm getting nervous with the remaining 25% still open.

I still have a ton of TSLA in my retirement account (avg @$236), so I'm still in long-term.

Nervous about what, exactly?

Can we just ignore Spiegel from now on? He is a vile, dumb pathetic guy who has always played with less money than many of TBC contributors. He should never have been used by anybody as a talking head.

Would be really great for a collection of TMC heavy hitters to create a blog post /open letter explaining why they are still holding at these levels and share how many TSLA shares their collection represents.

Now that we are above $500 CNBC says Tesla is an autonomous player lol. One guy lost his mind at the comparison that Tesla has more drive miles than Waymo

CNBC - "You ever seen anything like this?"

Ummmmm…..yes. Are you guys really acting like Amazon or Apple never happened!??!?!

Dear lord you would think after the beating CNBC took on their coverage of Amazon(being wrong......month after month...year after year) that they would know that these sorts of things happen with companies that share the same characteristics.

CNBC - "You ever seen anything like this?"

Ummmmm…..yes. Are you guys really acting like Amazon or Apple never happened!??!?!

Dear lord you would think after the beating CNBC took on their coverage of Amazon(being wrong......month after month...year after year) that they would know that these sorts of things happen with companies that share the same characteristics.
but but but fwaud!