Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC - hour ago:

Interesting perspective from a single sided thinking (flat worlder) human. I appreciate your sharing that with us Curt.

Tesla is the Future, and failure to grasp that concept will put folks into low level condos under your local freeway. Notice how single sided thinking politics are heating up in Australasia ~ how is that living on the barbie?:oops:

In my elitist thinking; oh wait ~ it is hard to be an elitist when few if any think my way. If I wasn't voted the least likely to be successful in high school, I should have been. Probably not on anyone's radar;) to receive the votes.

We are now where the rubber meets the road. I just installed a new solar panel system on my roof and Washington State no longer offers "Netmetering" financial support. What little electricity I generate only helps reduce my cost or monthly bill with PUD3. And the only state tax incentive is that it was sales tax free. Hence, my small footprint. My bottom line here is that people are now buying Tesla's because it is the right thing to do as opposed to it looks cool or you get a tax credit.

The next phase for single-sided-thinkers is minimum resale for their fossil fuel vehicles. Jobs going by the wayside. My wife and I were recently joking about the loss of the "grease monkey" jobs that were the norm back in our early days. You know when a high school kid would come out and pump up your tires and fill the tank of fossil fuel for you. Yes, I know Oregon mandates at least the fossil fuel part ~ not the tires so much. The joke for me in Oregon is that Tesla Superchargers right next to the fossil fuel pumps get absolutely no interest from fossil fuel pumpers.

Single-sided thinkers will tout that they are turning the corner and investing in EVs, but they do not have the economy of scale in Gigafactories, battery production, Supercharging facilities or excitement of giving your middle finger to the establishment. Who wants to own a politician when you can own a Tesla and charge it at home? Talk about freedom:p

I believe @verygreen confirmed that the stop sign/etc code is there and works on HW2.x but just disabled.

I was in for tire changes last week and wanted the FSD upgrade to 3.0 done. They did not do it. They stated that it will come but not to worry since it is mostly just a rendering improvement that is evident now. HW 2.5 sees the cones etc but does not render them.

My experience is that 2.5 does see construction cones since it weaves in and out of them.

The question is about when the code is forked for the 3.0 HW. I am not sure that has happened yet. Makes me very optimistic and also wondering about what is in the works right now.

This is still the prevailing viewpoint at Big Auto. Check out this exchange on the latest Autoline After Hours (starting about 19:10):

Host: 600K Cybertrucks, I mean, that's an extreme number.
Munro: How many F150s were sold last year?
Host: 740K?
Munro: And how many did Ram throw out?
Host: Ram was in the 640K range, something like that? Number two.
Munro: So 600K is not [extreme]
Host: Well, yeah, for pickup trucks, yes, I understand that. But for electric vehicles...

They're going to keep right on putting Tesla in the tiny little box labeled electric vehicles--not realizing that the vast majority of people buy them because they're better cars.

Those comments represent the (noisy) coal-rollers who would rather die before buying an EV. So they take this position to hang on to their bread and butter as long as possible. They DO NOT want their base to test-drive one (to your point, put in a box labelled "Tesla Enigma").

This is another case of "An Inconvenient Truth" and therefore denial is both easier and a good PR move for their diehard base. But holding on to this position will only hurt them more in the end - heads will roll. Hopefully, some will secretly increase EV R&D. But it's a huge undertaking. What was once seemingly a mountain to climb has quickly turned into how to get out of the pit and onto a new ground level.

Change of subject... So what's the trick going to be to cause the next pullback? I'm thinking it's a pure legal move Jan 29th'ish with something "pending" through the quarter, then pounce again hoping for poor Q1 deliveries and late FSD around April Fools day. (Won't that be fun!) Meanwhile, they're likely trying to craft legislation to limit AI or FSD on Tesla without affecting Waymo and the others. Heck, they could attack vehicle acceleration and how it could cause confusion in traffic - put a limit on the throttle (taking away the fun...). True they are trying some of these tactics around safety, but I suspect there are more in the works. The effort to have rules around AI came up on NPR news just yesterday. Is that their next move, you think?

A Gigafactory a year has become a bit mundane.

Just sayin

Tesla has pointed out that there's no new product announcements in the pipeline any time soon.

Never said anything about factories. ;)

At some point they're going to announce a GF in India. It has to happen, sooner or later, with a ton of negotiation with the government, in order to ensure that there will be a sufficient local / regional market.

Fully expect a Tesla Energy plant in Australia at some point.

Extra North America, China, and eventually Europe factories (though GF4 is sized to be a monster) are surely in the pipeline within the next several years.

Never said anything about factories.
I think he did, but I cannot think of a specific link. My spotty recollection is Elon talking about annual TWh quantities of battery production. I presume the Tesla acquisition of battery tech is part and parcel of that intent.

Honestly, I want a 5 year plan for 10 TWh battery production a year. I'll accept 7 years to be on Elon time

Last edited:
I think he did, but I cannot think of a specific link. My spotty recollection is Elon talking about annual TWh quantities of battery production. I presume the Tesla acquisition of battery tech is part and parcel of that intent.

Honestly, I want a 5 year plan for 10 TWh battery production a year. I'll accept 7 years to be on Elon time

Elon Musk said they have plans to scale up battery production to “multiple TWh per year”
That’s covered in this article:
Elon Musk Talks Tesla Terawatt-Hours. We Run Some Numbers. | CleanTechnica

Ugh. Website says 7 to 9 weeks for a model 3 here in BC. Our sales guy says at least that. We can’t order wifeys model 3 till we are back in the country. That puts us close to a deadline for a planned trip. I wonder if that time will drop once they start producing North American varieties towards March?

I know. First world problems.

Thoughts? All right:

First, what on earth are those quotation marks doing? Is the quoted material yours, or have you copied it from somewhere else - which is the implied use of those marks? If so, of course - then from where and from whom?

Second, whether it's your writing or another's...it's difficult to follow the stream. Its writing appears to be so hurried as to be tripping over itself. If it's yours, please re-format, try again and re-submit, please.

Thank you very much.

Not mine, I got it off another Tesla forum site. Someone (whom I don't know) posted it, hence my quotes.