Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if the Michigan deal entails a GF in Detroit?
Remember the Mordor tweet?

For a GF they better get unrestricted access to the State market.

This half assed convoluted agreement that you title the car in a neighboring State is complete BS if Tesla is investing billions in a factory in your State.

I must be shrooming..... This can't be happening, I bought at $25 a few years back using everything I had in a small pension fund that wasn't doing much, purely on the basis of what I thought would be a highly speculative risk with money I'd not miss much should Tesla come to nothing. As of today it's got over $750k in it and I can't get at it until I'm 55. Can't imagine what it'll be worth by then lol!

Congrats and thank you to everyone on here, I usually just lurk around from time to time.

This is again based on the single, unconfirmed reddit post:
Model Y deliveries confirmed for next month! : TeslaLounge

PS. It appears that the Canadian media outlet spoke to other Model Y order holders from the area. These had gotten calls from the same Tesla store but only to confirm the order, not giving any indication of when delivery may happen. So still based on just a report of a single phone call.

Last edited:
For a GF they better get unrestricted access to the State market.

This half assed convoluted agreement that you title the car in a neighboring State is complete BS if Tesla is investing billions in a factory in your State.

That restriction is going to be there until the legislature changes it. As it is, the sale and paperwork needs to processed out of state (great for Ohio's tax revenue), but this agreement allows all other aspects (prep, inspection, delivery, service) to occur in Michigan. Sign the paperwork, send it to Toledo, they process and send it back, drive off with your car to register it. Doesn't impact buyer at all other that dealing with Sec Of State directly.

Key clarification which is different that the former "can't talk about sales" restriction:
Permissible activities at such a gallery include (but are not limited to) conducting demonstration drives; discussing prices, service, financing, leasing, and trade-ins with potential customers; helping potential customers configure a vehicle; facilitating ordering and purchase of a vehicle for which legal title transfers out-of-state; and facilitating customer transaction paperwork for a sale for which legal title transfers out-of-state;

Ah yes, and the cyber windows are slanted in to maintain vehicle strength, so the right hail could be a direct hit on CyberTruck.

So why doesn't the Model Y have it too, or do we just not know yet? (Windshields get hammered from rocks out in Az.)
Curved glass is much harder to manufacture. CT flat glass panels will be much easier.