Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q; Capital raise. Why not do it. Come on, please do it. We want fees! What about an acquisition?

A: Acquisition? Who should we acquire? We aren't aware of any companies to buy. Go away, we aren't raising money.

UPDATE: The analyst also then said, well maybe you should pay down debt. Yeah, that's the ticket, raise money to pay down debt.

Somehow Elon didn't outright say that was the dumbest thing he's heard (and It is pretty dumb!). He fairly politely said that wasn't a very smart thing to do for a growing company.

Last edited:
Can I just reiterate that I love Zach Kirkhorn? He has an uncanny ability both to answer analyst questions in a manner that will sate the analysts, and to bolt onto the end of Musk replying in his signature meandering-but-not-actually-answering manner, to actually answer the question in a manner that will sate them.

He's a major improvement to the professionalism and clarity of these calls.

I also love how Drew and Jerome are both there to jump in as needed. Really feels like a solid group for these calls now.

Edit - @woodisgood beat me to it.

Last edited:
Good grief they changed the semi article again.

Now "by the second half of 2020 -- perhaps as early as the end of the second quarter"

https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...-buys-gainesville-property-for-expansion.html

upload_2020-1-29_19-28-9.png

Battery: Will need 60 GWh of battery for end of year. Competitors are struggling for batteries. Why aren't you?

A: We anticipated it before anyone else did. Duh. We are also partnering with more suppliers like LG and CATL. We are super deep on cell technology. Super deep. Said that three times. 7 days a week. We know a LOT about battery production. We have a decade plus knowledge about cell/product integration as well.

Q: Sense of impact of Shanghei on costs in Q4

A: we were negative in margin from China cars in Q4. Slightly.

Q; Capital raise. Why not do it. Come on, please do it. We want fees! What about an acquisition?

A: Acquisition? Who should we acquire? We aren't aware of any companies to buy. Go away, we aren't raising money.
These analysts are just vultures.

There should be an immediate ban on all analysts in companies connected with other financial services.