Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short interest for today from two sites:

60.7% from this source:
Short interest 02-04-20.png

62% from this source:
Short interest 02-04-20-2.png

So yep, more manipulation than yesterday holding the price down.

Talk about luck..on the run to $950 this morning I saw the $1000 calls expiring Friday we’re selling for $35 a pop. So I sold 10. 30 minutes or so later the stock caved for a bit and I bought them back at $15. Netted over 20k for 30 minutes of “work”. Time to donate some money.

In case some options newbies are watching -

The risks associated with this
1) if it was a covered call, you will miss out on any gains over $1035/share.

2) if it was naked call, good luck and hope that TSLA doesn't rise significantly above $1035 in which case you will be forking over $(TSLA price - 1035) / share.

In both cases, if $TSLA end up above $1035, you can buy further OTM call to turn it into a spread and cap the loss to (difference of the strike price - difference in premium)/share of the two legs

Last edited:
Does anyone have historical data on how TSLA trades after several days of solid gains with big volume? What are the odds that tomorrow is a red day after the last two days?

Big odds. Tremendous!

I mean it could be up 100 or more points! And then it could be down.

It could get real ugly. Deep dark red after it hits 1150.

But it could be crazy up! Especially after it hit 720.

The odds are definitely to be considered!

These are the kind of odds you like.

Talk about luck..on the run to $950 this morning I saw the $1000 calls expiring Friday we’re selling for $35 a pop. So I sold 10. 30 minutes or so later the stock caved for a bit and I bought them back at $15. Netted over 20k for 30 minutes of “work”. Time to donate some money.

I bought 5 a 1.98 yesterday and sold them today for 39. That's a 1-day $1K lottery ticket that paid almost $20K.

And here I thought that market sentiment had changed and most previous doubters had thrown in the towel. Holman Jenkins, Wall Street Journal columnist, just wrote a stupid editorial today recycling various myths and at best giving Tesla backhanded compliments. The struggle continues.

Opinion | Tesla’s Stock Goes to Heaven

Holman Jenkins, WSJ “Climate Change is Fake” staff writer.

He’s a real creep.

Who out there has the most credible explanation for the gigantic drop at closing? It reeks of manipulation.

I’ve been checking the various “TSLA breaks $900” YouTube videos but none of them tackle this issue.
I think we’ll find out in the morning. I think if it’s manipulation they will try to set the tone for tomorrow by trying to run it down 5% or so, however they are playing a dangerous game because there’s a chance some shorts will be covering tomorrow and if they get overran by early volume then it could be another big day.

The biggest problem manipulators or shorts face is Tsla owners are not really playing the short game, they have an idea of what the company can be and how that adjust the evaluation. Shorts are trying to get short term gains, they are just trying to stay in the fight. Given enough time they will get ran over again and again and again.

I was told TD Ameritrade was out of TSLA for shorting today. Anyone confirm?
What a cooincidence! I put sell orders on all my shares midday today for like $9999.00 like some of you guys said to do. I've a moderatly small number of shares... But still, we should all do that with all our shares, if indeed it has any effect.

This is why I wonder if ICE car brands should have just started a new subsidiary that makes EVs under a different brand....

Using classic gas car icons from the past to sell EVs is problematic. For starters nostalgia appeals to people who don't like new and different things, and the message is all mixed up.... it is a mixture of ICE and EV, old and new, and something that suggests something from the past, but is not really that thing...

The Hummer has to be a heavy vehicle with a big battery pack, so expensive and inefficient, or otherwise very limited in range...

So it is a compromised design with a confusing marketing message..... good luck with that.
I think Fords plan is Rivian. We shall see. I think Ford dumps the Union with a bankruptcy but first gets any cash it has left into Rivian some how. They have already invested once haven't they? This would also get rid of any franchised dealer contracts and they can start selling the Tesla way.... I am not sure Ford will have to credit to do this tho.... and a bit to far off TSLA topic.

I am waiting to hear what the HECK happened at the end of today.

View attachment 507957
Someone can look at the option volumes to tell better, but without looking, maybe big shorts covering? Such as: buy calls, run up, dump. Also, generally, call dumping. Anyway, the numbers can show a probability of that or not by how many calls were sold.

Reactions: 2virgule5
Tesla is the story of the day, those of us who owns Tesla for last 5 years or more knew and recognized opportunity while ago, wall street is just catching up.This lead me to think about Panasonic stock, it’s has been dead money for a long time but time could be ripe for this stock to go up, they just made a profit from operations at Giga factory, risk factors on Panasonic is ,battery is total commodity market low margin business but even some what respectable margin could be hugely profitable, other risk or highly rewarding thing could happen with Panasonic is , When Tesla have their own batteries manufacturing what would happen to Panasonic? likely scenario is Tesla will not kick Panasonic to curb they probably will license their technology to Panasonic and mutually benefit both party, is it View attachment 507862 worth throwing some money at Panasonic?, it might be a long shot but Panasonic should be value higher then currently.
Why does PCRFY say "PANASONIC ADR sponsored" on the stock chart thingy?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Drumheller
In case some options newbies are watching -

The risks associated with this
1) if it was a covered call, you will miss out on any gains over $1035/share.

2) if it was naked call, good luck and hope that TSLA doesn't rise significantly above $1035 in which case you will be forking over $(TSLA price - 1035) / share.

In both cases, if $TSLA end up above $1035, you can buy further OTM call to turn it into a spread and cap the loss to (difference of the strike price - difference in premium)/share of the two legs

Wasn’t naked...I own 4500 shares.