Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where's that big MMD,, I jumped to early yesterday morning and hoping to pick up a few more sale priced shares..

I'm rather disappointed that the Mar '21 $1500s I'm trying to buy back are holding their value so well. Where's this IV crush we've been waiting for? ;) I almost wonder if relatively high IV will last through the entire quarter...

With current volatility, not sure if I should sell and buy at lower price.
Or just keep adding to my position as the price goes down.
What are others thinking on this matter? For those who are traders.. not long term hold person.

Trading wise, ust waiting for the new trading range to confirm.

There's a fib confluence zone between $666 and $696 which also happens to be the top of the rising channel of a previous trend.

Feb 11 will be release of short interest, we will know whether or not there were significant short covering. and Then again, near the end of the month to figure out whether or not it is short covering that caused the rise to $900. Either way, takes time to resolve.

I'm rather disappointed that the Mar '21 $1500s I'm trying to buy back are holding their value so well. Where's this IV crush we've been waiting for? ;) I almost wonder if relatively high IV will last through the entire quarter...

IV is still 0.94.... we are far from the point where buying options is cost effective.
There is also a cross over of long term option IV and short term. Kind of like inverted yield curve, but I can't comprehend what that mean yet.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Todd Rosenbluth - CFRA Research - yesterday:

Does Your ETF Own Tesla?

Excerpt:
upload_2020-2-6_9-6-5.png

EDIT: Rosenbluth's daily newsletter is primarily aimed at ETF/mutual fund managers. I'm on the emailing list due to being friends with the firm's chief market strategist.

Last edited:
I sold about 10% at ~$820 and will buy back. My sales are about 50% of the value of my shares when we bottomed last year at 180. This is a tax free account so I can make small FOMO trades.
I stopped trading 4 or 5 years ago and just add since then, but I felt strongly we would retrace some.
I’m not going to worry about optimizing my buy back, but this helps me not worry if it shoots past 1000 today, or if it hits 500 and let’s me get some extra shares courtesy of high frequency traders and shorts.
I don’t intend to sell anything long term for at least 4 more years. I’ve generally goofed up short term trades in the past, so small trades hopefully keep me from making any significant mistakes.

Yeah, pretty sure the market makers won't be letting us steal cheap call options like a kid in a candy store anymore.

That was too much fun while it lasted!

Oh dang it... :Þ:

Just realized that an order that I thought I'd filled yesterday I actually hadn't, so I'd started with my price targets too low today. It would have been filled this morning, and then would just have resold at a higher strike. :Þ Missed out on a couple thousand dollars because of that mistake.

Oh well. :)
Pretty sure with this volatility, you'll get more chances to play...

• Funny
Reactions: KarenRei