Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks exactly like beyond meats chart last July. I sold most of my shares but will definitely be buying back in, in a few months. Might take that long for this to unwind.

Looking at charts instead of looking at the company behind is not the best way to invest.

But I may be wrong, and we are just part of a simulation.

I knew of TMC, but didn't know about such active thread on TSLA stocks.
I sold most of my shares at 700, too early on its way up due to Coronavirus scare & to pay off all my debt including my model 3.
Now just have small portion remaining 125 shares / cost basis 250. Was thinking about selling for now and getting back in later once stock settles down. As momentum now downtrend.

So it sounds like you aren’t a day trader. In that case I generally wouldn’t advise selling now. Indeed, look for opportunities to buy as it goes below you selling price of 700. Tesla as a company is a very good long term growth stock. But really, only you can decide what to do since none of us knows your financial situation and mentality. Stock forums are good for acquiring information, they aren’t good for finding advice on how to trade in your personal account. Everyone’s portfolio and objectives and risk tolerances are different.

So my advice is to just read, learn, and make up your own mind.

Does it matter? The tax credits are real, cold hard cash. It is valid revenue. Cathie ignored the comment because the answer is “so what?”.
No, she ignored it because it is a furphy. (That must be a Strine word. Basically too incorrect to bother with disputing.) Money is fungible, it is ridiculous to attribute the profit to any single source. If they hadn't made the cars, they wouldn't have received the regulatory credits.

Looking at charts instead of looking at the company behind is not the best way to invest.

But I may be wrong, and we are just part of a simulation.

Like I said I didn’t sell all my shares. But to ignore the fact that charts do trade in certain patterns is also not the best way to invest. Especially with this very unusual run up.

I have prepared a visual representation for the first 30 minutes of TSLA today:

tenor.gif