Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The value of the dollar seems to have tanked the last few days, losing what it had gained in February. I was just wondering why my account total was down while stock price was up. Oh well, just another risk factor buying stock from Europe, as if the stock volatility wasn't enough.

Is there a consensus if a high or low dollar is good in general for tsla?

Reactions: UncaNed
Doesn't anyone else think this is a bit bearish? I know the market was already expecting it which caused the massive run up yesterday, but something about the hastiness of their cut doesn't sit well with me. Very reactionary.

Tesla will still be Tesla and rip it, but this market seems wack.
Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

Tesla is barely holding on to its gains, but it wants to run! Tesla also holds the rare position of benefiting from a democratic president compared to the markets.

If this is a real issue Tesla better fix it ... I am not buying a $2500 MCU because of inefficient operation... however it is really great to see this in general .. ICE vehicle you spend $2500 and get replacement parts with the same functionality .. with Tesla your vehicle is refreshed and upgraded ... o_O

I am spending my AP/FSD/MCU2 budget of $12,500 on TSLA shares when the SP drops again ...
When it drops to... what price, @Zero CO2 ???
Nothing says “behind the times” like an iconic kidney shaped grill. I wonder how many miles you lose pushing that ugly front down the road.

BMW is done like Nokia.
TSLA the only one making cars of today and for future.
View attachment 517457
Hideous indeed! Why don't they take it a step further and just shape it into something useful like a snow plow or something?

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone else think this is a bit bearish? I know the market was already expecting it which caused the massive run up yesterday, but something about the hastiness of their cut doesn't sit well with me. Very reactionary.

Ya, we've been expecting this coordinated stimulus. Now the bears will come back.

Ya, we've been expecting this coordinated stimulus. Now the bears will come back.
I don't understand how a rate cut helps in any way with the corona virus problem. IMHO, it actually hurts as it makes the common person question the strength of our economy.

I think Powell caved to the moron in the WH who understands NOTHING.

Cheers to the longs

"Robinhood's system-wide outage prompts calls for class action lawsuit" | CNBC.com on Youtube

100%. I was hoping to make a large-ish buy today. Unfortunately my new TD account is just a wee baby, and most of my trading money is locked away at Robinhood. I'm sure some people lost out on a lot of money. Two days of no service during the craziest week in over a decade?
I don't understand how a rate cut helps in any way with the corona virus problem. IMHO, it actually hurts as it makes the common person question the strength of our economy.

I think Powell caved to the moron in the WH who understand NOTHING.

Cheers to the longs
Yup. The question is how to ride it though. Even say the US shrugs the CV off, this rate cut might cause an overheated economy that results in an even more painful recession in a few years.

Reactions: Cherry Wine

The market does seem whack. In other words, business as usual!

Seriously, I agree things are more "whack" than normal, but this is to be expected. We know that the market thrives from going from normal to whack and back again on a regular basis. It's how Wall Street pumps money out of market participants and into their own pockets.

Imagine if everyone was just calm long-term buy and hold investors who held through things like Coronavirus, International saber-rattling, etc. How would they make money? :rolleyes:

It doesn't and that's not the point: the point of Fed rate cuts is to counterbalance the negative economic effects of the coronavirus.

A rate cut is not a cure, but it does help the economy.

The BMW i4 is absolutely hideous. I'm genuinely surprised because I've always liked BMW styling. They are also claiming 372 miles but there is no way that's real. Perhaps using WLTP.

This Is BMW's Tesla Model 3 Fighter, Coming Next Year

I'm fairly sure TSLA will dip back below $675 at some point between now and the end of time. RH will be back up soon no doubt.
I'll be liquidating all my RH assets and moving to TD as soon as it makes sense to do so. It's not even just the outage, it's the cause of the outage. A company too incompetent to code (and TEST!) for leap year needs to be far far away from my money.

Lost a trade on a put this morning that cost me about $300. Small potatoes but that's something I can definitely say.

It doesn't and that's not the point: the point of Fed rate cuts is to counterbalance the negative economic effects of the coronavirus.

A rate cut is not a cure, but it does help the economy.

I’m not sure if that’s the case here as it was when the rates were cut due to the housing mess a decade ago. Is there a (inverse) relationship between rate cuts and people willing to mingle with potentially infected in public?

Reactions: Nocturnal
100%. I was hoping to make a large-ish buy today. Unfortunately my new TD account is just a wee baby, and most of my trading money is locked away at Robinhood. I'm sure some people lost out on a lot of money. Two days of no service during the craziest week in over a decade?

Yup. The question is how to ride it though. Even say the US shrugs the CV off, this rate cut might cause an overheated economy that results in an even more painful recession in a few years.
Glad I'm not a swing trader. We have talked about this here since last week. It's not just RH. The entire Toronto Stock Exchange had 'technical glitches' last Thu, it was shut down entirely 2 hrs early.

Lots of other comments here about 'technical' problems on a myriad of different trading platforms. IMHO, its all part of the larger shake-down that is occurring at part of 'Coro-Theatre', brought to you by corrupt market participants and inept / willfully blind regulators.

Nobody that follows this Forum should be surprised. You've been well warned.