Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000x this. He/she also virtually disappeared from this thread during the run-up, but is making the rounds big-time again.

I've heard of "fair-weather skiers" but what do you call this?

Foul-weather forum participant? I always thought the name "KSilver2000" referred to TSLA's likely near-future share price. But I think I was wrong about that. :(

Nothing says “behind the times” like an iconic kidney shaped grill.

I wonder how many miles you lose pushing that ugly front down the road.

BMW is done like Nokia.

TSLA the only one making cars of today and for the future.

upload_2020-3-3_9-43-24.jpeg

Last edited:
According to Google, that's $773.98 USD, a few dollars higher than aftermarket trading close. There appears to be continuing buying pressure. I hope it's caused by people figuring out that Tesla is fully charged (I was going to say "running on all cylinders" but I think that's a phrase that should probably be retired) as opposed to big market players jerking us around for their own short term goals.

While I'm confident Q1 results will be unexpectedly strong, and even more confident of Tesla's long-term trajectory upwards, I'm less confident in the very short-term action. Be prepared for unexpected volatility (both up and down). This is just a gut feeling brought about mostly by the Coronavirus causing a lot of market activity in and out of various positions and general chaos which could create opportunities for market manipulators to harness for their own quick profit. More likely it's real strength (a lot more people wanting TSLA in their portfolios). As a long-term buy/hold investor with no open options, I don't have to worry about it one way or the other.:)
"fully charged" is the right terminology for EVs ... I love it ... media needs to pick it up :rolleyes:

Desktop exclusively, so no finger print/face. And I switch between my home computer and my work one, so I have to get a stupid text logging into both. Like, I can understand asking once for initial set up two step--but not every single time, ugh.

there has to be a better way. contact the technical assistance team of the website isn’t clear on the options available.

Despite what you will hear....Europe Q1 sales will be strong
Other members have emphasized that Europe sales will have late deliveries this month giving the illusion of a weak start. I wanted to provide the numbers so that it is clearly understood.

Below are the numbers of ships that departed to Europe by quarter and the day in the quarter it departed. The days highlighted in yellow are the ships that will most likely have their cars delivered to customers in month 2 of that Quarter.

As you can see, there will be 2 ships likely delivered in February 2020 vs 3 ships in November 2019. As such, where November (month 2 of the Qtr) saw about 9,000 cars delivered, we will likely see 6,000 in February (month 2 of the Qtr). You’ll hear much FUD about this (as we did with the China January registrations) but don’t worry…Europe will be fine. With the 7 ships that departed in Jan & Feb, we should see sales of about 28,500 units in Europe this Quarter which will be awesome!

View attachment 517424

Or to put it more simply... with all of those cars in ships en route to Europe, if not to new owners, exactly where does one think they're going this quarter?

(Yes, I know.... TSLAQ: "PARKING LOTS!!!" ;) )

Covid 19 case in NYC, at least one school closed.

This is not the thread. You mean to post that here.

The one time in 2 years I needed to buy stocks and RH was down.

FML, looks like I'm not getting Tesla back and need to put the money somewhere else.

Fer cryin' out loud! If you want TSLA, just buy some! It's still very reasonably valued overall.

Chalk it up to an expensive lesson on how you DON'T do it.