Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What technology, other than the obvious S/X customer 'bio-weapons defense mode', can Tesla bring to its factories and/or service/delivery centers? HEPA filiters? Bug zappers?

How do we keep production and deliveries rolling? Bring in masks from Shanghai to Fremont/Sparks?

UV lights, masks and having the HVAC suck air up.

I'm 75 percent reinvested, perhaps prematurely. Saving the 25 percent cash to see what happens over the next week or three. My IRA is down about 15 percent from its February peak, instead of the 40 percent or so if I hadn't cashed out. The 15 percent paper loss is from trying to catch a few falling knives. With purchases today, I have more TSLA stock than ever, and need it back to 630 or so to recover to my peak.
It will be interesting to see what the production/delivery numbers for TSLA look like, and whether this turmoil costs a few thousand deliveries before Q1 end, and how that effects Q1 profitability. Cars are very deferrable purchases, but as the overall car market volume shrinks this year, EVs may well grow in absolute terms, and even more so on a market share basis. The macro situation is going to make it harder for existing automakers to devote resources to the electric transition, and harder still to accept selling EVs below manufacturing cost to satisfy CO2 emission standards.
If this turns into a relatively nasty recession, Tesla has the option of slowing its growth plans slightly, perhaps delaying the central US factory by a couple of quarters or more. The flexibility for Fremont to allocate between M3 and MY production is going to be critical; hopefully that flexibility is there.
And this turmoil, unless we exit it very quickly with a strong market and economic bounce back, is likely to strongly influence US elections. A Biden presidency with a Democratic house and near 50/50 Senate is likely to result in policies that will benefit Tesla on EV, solar, and energy storage sales. However, if this turns out to be a relatively short-lived panic, voters won't remember it by November.

If Joe Biden Gets elected. Buy TSLA.

What has changed about Tesla's dominance in renewable transportation and energy, the global need for renewable transportation and energy, the colossal profit-potential of robotaxis, Tesla's stupendous lead in driving data and AI, Tesla's rapid expansion of production capacity, and the imminent TSLA catalysts such as Battery Day, S&P 500 inclusion, and Model Y crushing of competition?

What's changed? The realization is spreading.

Volkswagen says Tesla has 10-year start in electric cars

"United States electric car manufacturer Tesla has a 10-year start on rivals when it comes to building electric cars and software, Thomas Ulbrich, the Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) brand’s board member for electromobility said on Thursday."

All right this is ridiculous. I just got a random notification on my phone from Schwab Mobile. As a joke, I put a $2.00 limit sell order on 100 of my SPY puts, expiring at the end of day. (These are the same puts I bought for $0.05 a few weeks ago.) That trade just executed. What the hell is going on with this market? o.o

I'm not putting in any more joke sell orders again for awhile.....

Fiat Chrysler worker tests positive for coronavirus
Nobody buys Chryslers anyway (plant is still open) but will be a window into what might happen to Tesla factories.

All right this is ridiculous. I just got a random notification on my phone from Schwab Mobile. As a joke, I put a $2.00 limit sell order on 100 of my SPY puts, expiring at the end of day. (These are the same puts I bought for $0.05 a few weeks ago.) That trade just executed. What the hell is going on with this market? o.o

The SPY puts I bought yesterday are up 200%.

Any one buying more at levels today?
556 now
I bought a couple this AM but I'm in no particular rush. I sold a put with a $550 strike that expires tomorrow so I'm probably getting another 100 then anyway.

7300 is the int term floor....we breach it and were headed for long term bear level, which will be very ugly.

Tried to tell you guys at 7300 we will bounce!...sometimes I do feel like I am talking to myself lol.

Now lets see if 7300 holds..it needs to., otherwise TSLA will breach 500 level and will get ugly...if 7300 holds, TSLA still in a bull.
Well 7300 level has been breeched and even if it holds the chance of it going lower is higher.

I've been thinking similar thoughts. Until I see a virus response in the US that seems coherent and inspires trust, I'm assuming that the market is still going down. That'd be true for TSLA at $300, $500, or $700.

Or put another way, I don't yet see enough information on the virus impact in the US to form an opinion where we're at in this bear market. Until then, I'm assuming we're still in the really early days.
Agree, we are early days since CV is just getting started and economy will come to halt but don't think it will last past June, which means stock back up by May.

I sold my SPY puts today in favor of SPY calls..... :/

One of the worst day in market today with 15 mins remaining. Oct 9th 2008 was similar.
But what's crazy is that, after that, market still went down another 20%+ to bottom 5 months later on 3/9/2009. Or was it 3/8. I forget.
3/9 2009 is when we really hap capitulation. It doesn't feel like that now, so few more legs down.

One of the worst day in market today with 15 mins remaining. Oct 9th 2008 was similar.
But what's crazy is that, after that, market still went down another 20%+ to bottom 5 months later on 3/9/2009. Or was it 3/8. I forget.
3/9 2009 is when we really hap capitulation. It doesn't feel like that now, so few more legs down.

Again, do not expect this to act like 2008, the fundamental underpinnings couldn't be more different.