Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And be glad you didn't buy Renault!

$24.42 at its peak two years back :eek:

From a distance it kinda looks like a stock to get into, surely it will come up from here? Well maybe a bit, before the whole company goes down the shitter...

Since I have short sold RNO I also noticed how it went down lately. A lot.
Still, between buying it (back) and buying TSLA, I expect TSLA to go up more (and diversification be damned).

One of the worst day in market today with 15 mins remaining. Oct 9th 2008 was similar.
But what's crazy is that, after that, market still went down another 20%+ to bottom 5 months later on 3/9/2009. Or was it 3/8. I forget.
3/9 2009 is when we really hap capitulation. It doesn't feel like that now, so few more legs down.
The black swan event is going to go on for months. Some countries haven't even begun to react yet, including the US. Only China is actually in the recovery phase and they had it going on from January until now in March and they imposed very draconian measures which aren't possible in the West. This isn't the bottom, and we might not even be close.

Naah, there are very few believers left who think that gold is still money. Unless it cures corona, you are better off buying other assets. You can't do much with that piece of metal.

Not so sure about that. Gold is pretty heavy. Drop a large ingot on someone and they're not likely to give you any more trouble.
Don't forget to wrap a slice of lemon around it first.

One of the worst day in market today with 15 mins remaining. Oct 9th 2008 was similar.
But what's crazy is that, after that, market still went down another 20%+ to bottom 5 months later on 3/9/2009. Or was it 3/8. I forget.
3/9 2009 is when we really hap capitulation. It doesn't feel like that now, so few more legs down.

Agree, we'll have to wait for bailout package signed event. And then the country wide lockdown event. And another event when a treatment drug or a vaccine gets developed. You need to seperate your dry powder into many tranches and just DCA. There's also a "blood on the street" event. Or when wallstreet is empty.

If you feel god like however and only have 1 tranch. Then I would wait until the exponential growth in cases tapers back off to linear.

Calm yourselves. We're in a seaworthy vessel riding out the storm. Some sea sick dogs have abandoned ship to their peril. We have a good captain at the helm. We have a core base of mates that have the constitution to steady the course. The main sails and all her riggings are intact. We are on course but have to acknowledge that there is some sickness among us. It will pass as a bad gale that that has pelted us with salty sea spray and a scant few mates may unfortunately succumb to it. Nothing us swashbucklers haven't dealt with before. We continue to right ourselves upon this heaving deck as we know this is what it takes and is expected of us to successfully complete our journey. Cheers to my mates as we stand arm in arm weathering this cold and mighty storm! Stay the course and you most certainly will be richly rewarded...

Last edited:
#1 I didn't look at the stock market today as it does not matter to me
#2 All stock movements are today done by fear not by fundamentals
#3 If your emotions dictate you to sell ignore them as fear is speaking
#4 If you feel you have to decide & act fast don't do it, its a trap - take your time
#5 Experience is king in this situations, who speaks a lot is usually not

Calm yourselves. We're in a seaworthy vessel riding out the storm. Some sea sick dogs have abandoned ship to their peril. We have a good captain at the helm. We have a core base of mates that have the constitution to steady the course. The main sails and all her riggings are intact. We are on course but have to acknowledge that there is some sickness among us. It will pass as a bad gale that that has pelted us with salty sea spray and a scant few mates may unfortunately succumb to it. Nothing us swashbucklers haven't dealt with before. We continue to right ourselves upon this heaving deck as we know this is what it takes and is expected of us to successfully complete our journey. Cheers to my mates as we stand arm and arm weathering this cold and mighty storm! Stay the course and you most certainly will be richly rewarded...
Hey ho for a keg o'rum! Arrr.

Here in Norway all schools and kinder garden where shut down for two weeks today. Gym closed, restaurants closed and pubs closed(unlesss they can guarantee 1 meter between all costumers), cinemas closed, hair cutters closed and no medical staff can leave the country this or next month...

All the airlines have major issues, Norwegian Air Shuttle has temporarily laid off 50% of their staff. Local stores are sold out for bread, toilet paper, flour, and some groceries.

My point with this is that I guess that some of the same will happen in the US in a couple of weeks. This leads me to think that there will be at least a few week until we se some form of bottom.

I hope Tesla runs away from this market on record deliveries. It would shock the market and send money flying their way
Picked up my new Model S LR+ today and traded in my 2015 Model S. Love it! 390 miles on full charge. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. [ I opted not to get the Tesla brand neck brace, lol.] Dedham, MA delivery center was busy with people picking up primarily Model 3s. No signs of slow down due to the virus and we are not even at the end of the month yet!

Again, do not expect this to act like 2008, the fundamental underpinnings couldn't be more different.
I wonder if it will be a mixed recovery. Companies like Amazon should be raking in the money in the near term, at least relative to the market in general. People already like shopping online, but now people will really embrace it.

Here in Norway all schools and kinder garden where shut down for two weeks today. Gym closed, restaurants closed and pubs closed(unlesss they can guarantee 1 meter between all costumers), cinemas closed, hair cutters closed and no medical staff can leave the country this or next month...

All the airlines have major issues, Norwegian Air Shuttle has temporarily laid off 50% of their staff. Local stores are sold out for bread, toilet paper, flour, and some groceries.

My point with this is that I guess that some of the same will happen in the US in a couple of weeks. This leads me to think that there will be at least a few week until we se some form of bottom.

I thought the market was forward looking. Aren't they pricing all this in ATM?

Want to accumulate more tsla @ around 520.

So,

Selling 1 200327570P Put @ 50

If the Put is exercised, I will own 100 tsla shrs @ 520, otherwise I keep $5000

Would have done the same if I'd kept that $63k I had sitting in my account beginning of last week, but I just had to spend it on something, so 2021 calls it was, which I am still very confident about, virus or not, I think Tesla's going to boss it this year.