Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
even if the evil people succeed in forcing factory closure, I presume deliveries will still be allowed. Right? I mean people need theirs cars to go around!

also a sherif doesn’t hold the judgment here. It has to be from the health department who issued the order. I am not worried about two weeks factory closure because tesla has ample time to catch up, more important is to shorten the closure and allow for delivery of inventory. If restaurants can be allowed to do drive through service so can car delivery be.

edit:

someone also made a good point that Reno factory can continue to make cells and motors. Which generally have been bottlenecks.

Last edited:
Gawd, here's a news story based on the Sheriff's tweet. I do believe the County Supervisors have the final authority, so this Sheriff is being an idiot and/or being paid off (or has a brother who owns a car dealership, etc.)

Tesla stock drops after hours as county says Fremont factory is not an 'essential business'
I'm mostly whining, but...
Who gets to define "value of inventory"?
Tesla has inbound shipments, those need unloaded, they need to make cars to make room for the parts, and not making cars is detrimental to their inventory values.

g. For the purposes of this Order, “Minimum Basic Operations” include the following, provided that employees comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined this Section, to the extent possible, while carrying out such operations:
i. The minimum necessary activities to maintain the value of the business’s inventory, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, or for related functions.

So.... one shift?:rolleyes:o_O:confused::oops:

Reactions: lklundin
The pattern continues to repeat itself. Expect a down day tomorrow after a modest rally today, continuing with steady declines to EOW.

Then the weekend.

Then Monday will be a bloodbath from bad news over the weekend.

The real question is where the bottom is and how much further we have yet to fall.

I didn't really think there was even remotely a change we would see $180 again on $TSLA but this is a black swan. When the swan is black, there is no predicting what will happen next.

I feel like the 30 and younger crowd is about to experience the consequences of what we’ve done in the face of this pandemic, there are so many that took the economy for granted in their working life, they haven’t experienced something like this yet. (Maybe none of us have)

It’s the ultimate slap in the face when you take this cancel culture into a capitalistic economy. Job loss is about to be massive, people defaulting on loans, and nowhere safe to go.

I’m not saying the tactics used to slow down the virus have been wrong, but it’s going to be a tough lesson in every action has a reaction. I hope the best for America and the world. But it seems we *sugar* the bed on this one

Ugh. Anyone want to do a poll guessing what TSLA will open at tomorrow? It's at 407.51 right now after an about 5% drop after hours. My guess is another 5% drop to take us around 387.
We’ll be fine. Just don’t buy options expiring in next 2-3 months. If Tesla dies, I think the world will have ended... so we’re prob close to max pain. Try to find more cash to buy if you don’t alrdy have a pile.

I feel like the 30 and younger crowd is about to experience the consequences of what we’ve done in the face of this pandemic, there are so many that took the economy for granted in their working life, they haven’t experienced something like this yet. (Maybe none of us have)

It’s the ultimate slap in the face when you take this cancel culture into a capitalistic economy. Job loss is about to be massive, people defaulting on loans, and nowhere safe to go.

I’m not saying the tactics used to slow down the virus have been wrong, but it’s going to be a tough lesson in every action has a reaction. I hope the best for America and the world. But it seems we *sugar* the bed on this one

Yeah, graduating college and entering the work force into the second worst economy downturn in the history of the United States was super fun and easy.

Ugh. Anyone want to do a poll guessing what TSLA will open at tomorrow? It's at 407.51 right now after an about 5% drop after hours. My guess is another 5% drop to take us around 387.
$402.50 based on Closing SP and 2x current NASDAQ-100 Futures.

Plant opening tomorrow still undecided. Shortzes luv 2 jmp 2 conclusions.

Nevada just announced a statewide lock-down just like California: STAY HOME FOR NEVADA: Gov. Steve Sisolak announces closures of nonessential businesses

So probably the factory in Reno will also be affected.
I don’t think factories or work place is identified as non-essential businesses. See this link. The term is only referenced to where normal customer activities happen.
Here's the difference between an essential business and a nonessential business as states and cities announce coronavirus-related closures

The link says that in PA industrial manufacturing is considered essential.

Last edited: