Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“The Model S was a good first shot. But that hatch hurt the rigidity too much. I'm fixing all the mistakes I made with it," he said.

Funny. That’s what many people state they miss about the Model 3 vs the S and has since been added to the Y. I know I like the hatch for the S.
Yes, the hatch was a real boon during the hot summers. Open it a bit when parked and the car keeps cool (overheat protection is relatively recent).

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...ironment?source=marketwatch&mod=mw_quote_news

Another Tesla short kind of guy is praising Polestar and ICE brands... we’ll see...

Anton Walton is not a "Tesla short kind of guy", he IS a Tesla short and has been through this entire Tesla run from below $200. He's also a "Ford kind of guy" and was a proud Ford shareholder as we watched the stock gradually decline over the last 4 years and then accelerate its fall. He's still writing articles to try to explain this rather perplexing behavior of his favorite automaker. We can tell he is failing at this daunting task when he uses non-sensical observations such as:

• Tesla has no sales prospects for pickup trucks and panel vans in 2020-2021, while Ford, GM and FCA have these new-economy tools to help cushion the blow.
OK. So now that we know pickup trucks and panel vans are the "new-economy tools" that are essential for Tesla in this "new economy", we can safely write Tesla off. Because there is no way Tesla can make it until late next year without a pickup truck. Because car sales will stop. In the "new economy" everyone will be driving either a pickup or a panel van. :rolleyes:

Anton Walton is one of the dumbest short sellers ever. And that's saying a lot!

Tesla is down $0.90, also known as a barrel of oil :)
I hate to sound like chicken little, but shouldn't all hell be breaking loose at this point? USD is heavily tied to Oil. Oil companies have billions in debt they took on to finance all their operations. This seems like major meltdown territory?

The 420 private lawsuit? I’m surprised they are allowed to even go forward on that as Musk and Tesla settled with the SEC over the matter. Where’s the double jeopardy?

double jeopardy only applies to criminal cases. Civil suits don't have this restriction. Ask OJ Simpson.

pezpunk beat me to it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Model S = 100 kWh -> 350 something miles range (give or take a few dozen)
Model H = 150 kWh -> 1.5 * 350 = 500+ miles range

duh! So obvious...

You never went to elementary school? l2math bro :rolleyes:

(I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's how they got their specs)

Base price of Tesla Model S = $80k.
So base price of Triton Model H should be $80k * 1.5 = $120k, right?

Whoops.
The Model H is available for pre-order now. The base model starts at $140,000, and the performance model will start at roughly $180,000....

The SUV was not Triton's first choice for launch. Initially, the company planned to build a sports car called F4, but market research pointed Triton toward the popular and versatile segment that includes the Cadillac Escalade and the Chevrolet Suburban....

New Jersey solar firm claims it has an electric 1,500-hp, 700-mile SUV

Cadillac Escalade starts at $75k.
Chevrolet Suburban starts at $51k.
Tesla Cybertruck (tri-motor with 500+ mile range) starts at $70k.

Is Triton one of the "lots more competition" that Jonas warned us about?

• Funny
Reactions: FrankSG and wipster
I hate to sound like chicken little, but shouldn't all hell be breaking loose at this point? USD is heavily tied to Oil. Oil companies have billions in debt they took on to finance all their operations. This seems like major meltdown territory?

No, USD is not tied to oil. Oil exporting countries such as Canadian Dollar and Norwegian Krones are tied to the oil. Whenever oil prices falls, these currencies fell against USD.