Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That ventilator contract money can't come too soon for GM eh?
Only if they make money on their ventilater spare parts, annual tuneups, and the extended warrantee. Assuming no recalls.

In my mind, F and GM can't recover. Only fresh companies with the right focus will survive long term. Many square pegs, only one or two round holes.

It is. I'm still bailing though. I've found IBKR to have a really good interface as well. Not quite as user friendly for novices but far more powerful tools. RH kills everyone on options though. I still use them to look up prices even if I'm buying the actual options elsewhere.
Well, I am not going anywhere near options so...I'm good!

Dan

It is. I'm still bailing though. I've found IBKR to have a really good interface as well. Not quite as user friendly for novices but far more powerful tools. RH kills everyone on options though. I still use them to look up prices even if I'm buying the actual options elsewhere.

I am doing the same.... using RH just to look at the option prices. I am using Vanguard to trade options in my IRA and it is terrible.... there is no stop loss options or anything and prices don't get updated real time. I think I am going to have to move my IRA and my wife IRA from Vanguard

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I hate myself for only buying 1 $550 1/21 call when they were $97.

I am doing the same.... using RH just to look at the option prices. I am using Vanguard to trade options in my IRA and it is terrible.... there is no stop loss options or anything and prices don't get updated real time. I think I am going to have to move my IRA and my wife IRA from Vanguard
Yeah I only do a little bit of options in my Vanguard IRA. It's still really geared towards basic index fund investing. Fidelity user interface is decent.

I hate myself for only buying 1 $550 1/21 call when they were $97.

OMG you want to talk about self-loathing from not buying more when they were dirt cheap?
Like a blind squirrel I bought a Jan 22 750c when they were $28. I kept thinking to myself, “This really seems like a no brainer” but since I was newer to options kept telling myself I didn’t know anything and I’d lose it all.

It is going to be an interesting week. I’ve been a proponent of selling covered calls during low news weeks. This is not one of those a weeks. I missed April 15 625 calls on April 9th at $7.20 by a coupe cents and didn’t chase. I’d expect the day traders could get in and out this week, but buying calls is buying a lot of volatility premium and selling calls is possibly missing out on a very bullish earnings call. Good luck everyone.

Earning call highlights
Affirm guidance?
Provide base 2 date for China GF?
Break even for Q2?
Berlin GF timing affirmation?
Cyber truck plant reveal date?
Battery day?
Feature complete in Qx?

Reactions: wipster and ABCTG
Only if they make money on their ventilater spare parts, annual tuneups, and the extended warrantee. Assuming no recalls.

In my mind, F and GM can't recover. Only fresh companies with the right focus will survive long term. Many square pegs, only one or two round holes.

When phones switched primarily over to cellphones, almost the entire lineup of top phone manufacturers changed.

Then it happened again when cellphones gave way to Smartphones.

EVs taking over ICE will be no different. There is very little knowledge base overlap between ICe vehicles and EVs by value add. Skills at making reliable piston engines and transmissions are useless.

If she does not close over 800 today....I will eat a replica of @Artful Dodger hat.
8.04 M shares traded in the 1st hour
2.52 M shares traded in the 2nd hour

I wear a size 7 3/8ths ... :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-04-24.11-30.png

... nontheless, we're holding on to most of that a.m. runup so far.