Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I hate some of the click bait titles from electrek and some of the dumb articles posted, it is still overwhelmingly positive for the transition to sustainable energy. Attacking sources like this is counter productive when the majority of non EV sites are extremely negative toward Tesla. Let's limit our hate toward our allies.
I agree 100%. I hardly knew EVs existed 5 years ago. Then I stumbled upon Electrek and it changed my life for the better. It's in my top-5 favorite sources of news, of any kind.

Yes, please don't bash those who are basically on our side. Electrek is a major reason I started investing in TSLA. They do a very good job.

The only explanation can be trying to get the factories back open / allow people to leave their houses etc. as he clearly does not think ncov is worth the quarantine with the current data we have on it, or the data he has ingested. Will this help? I have no idea.

Wonder how many of his personal assets are in California that he no longer wants to pay property tax on.

HUH? You really think he cares about property tax?? It's a drop in the bucket .... not even tip money for him.

The real answer is: There is absolutely no reason for tweeting about this .... other than the fact he cannot control his impulses. Everyone is frustrated .... MOST people have much bigger problems than he does. Tons of American's can't come up with $1000 right now and are wondering how they will pay the rent ...etc .... That is real stress.

Elon simply does not have the personality/emotional development to be the face of a large company like this .... he should be an engineer/designer but he has never shown that he has any idea how to interface with the public. I have my own thoughts on this and I won't post them here but regardless ... he's not the right person to be the face of Tesla.

It's time for him to step into a background role .... he certainly cannot be allowed to remain the CEO.

You know what would move the needle? A concrete plan, published by Elon on twitter, DETAILING how he can safely reopen the plant, demanding a public response from the county officials. Instead, we got the star spangled banner, tired political bromides, and blatant stock price manipulation/self-destructive behavior.
Yes, that's what we get.....along with everything else that makes this company worth $100B+. You feel cheated?

Smart longs know Elon has never before put out such a stream of unhinged tweeting for days. It's no where near the same.
We may have underestimated the level of pressure this lockdown is exerting on him.

Remember, the experiment here is taking an extreme workaholic and banning him from working for over a month, with no clear deadline.

Well that didn't age well......after 3 minutes.

Indeed, frankly anyone posting about how they just "lost" thousands of dollars over a momentary swing in a stock price needs to find someone else to manage their finances.

Tesla is one of the most volatile stocks in the market, certainly for its valuation. 10% moves up and yes, down, aren't uncommon for TSLA.

Do I love this latest tweet? No... but I don't see how it really changes anything.

It doesn't change my opinion of Elon. He has tweeted similar things before. He has gotten into similar spats with the media/etc before as well. It is a big part of who he is. If he were a reasonable person that was easily pressured into conformity he would never have gotten to where he is today.

It also doesn't change my opinion of Tesla as a company. Nothing has changed.

That is the problem with current American environment. There is only Republican band Democrats and no solution in between. Are you aware hospital are laying off staffs? The place where I work has furloughed 20% of nurses, technicians and doctors.

You will get "worse" health care if non-COVID issues being sideline.

Stop pretending lifting restrictions is about maximize profit and increasing death. Economic is not just about profit. You are able to offer your personal opinion without worrying your roof is due to your privileged economic status.

I can concur it’s happened in other hospitals. No, I don’t have it as a poll but here it is anyway; the ICU Covid-19 frontline nurse I know went from being offered $10,000/wk to go to NYC a month ago, to now having her shifts cut by 30%. Her hospital was completely cleared out of all non-Covid patients over a month ago. But here’s the kicker, she’s busier than ever because they aren’t fully staffing their shifts because they don’t have enough income coming in from other hospital procedures.

Smart longs know Elon has never before put out such a stream of unhinged tweeting for days. It's no where near the same.

I greatly respect @JRP3, but disagree. I can find lots of streams of tweets in Elon's history that many people called unhinged. He is playful and honest, which alarms some folks and endears him to others. Reasonable people can disagree on what is unhinged. Some said his posting a song he composed was pretty crazy for a large-cap CEO. (And Elon later agreed.)

Riddle me this Batman. Is it just eTrade?
Screenshot_20200501-094708.png

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
We may have underestimated the level of pressure this lockdown is exerting on him.

Remember, the experiment here is taking an extreme workaholic and banning him from working for over a month, with no clear deadline.
I'd rather have him hand assembling cars in the factory by himself than tweeting like a loon.

I've suffered some doozies from this company over the years but I've never felt worse about the leadership of it than I do right now. I was willing to overlook a submissive board during the good times, but now it's time to pay the piper.
Suffered? TSLA is up 600% since you joined this Forum on Jun 3, 2013. That's how much "suffering" you've done, unless you've been trading away your winnings.

Meanwhile, we're "suffering" your 28th post in 7 years... Feeling honored. :p