Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And whose IPA? I'm getting thirsty. Wish they still made Ballard Bitter, Redhook IPA sucks in comparison. Now talk about a bad sale... I know they had to have an exit strategy but selling to Anheuser Busch? Can't call yourselves a microbrewery after that...
For a short (sorry for using that word) time there was a beer labeled Dead Cat Stout. Now this ale had a peculiar twang to its taste. As if one dead cat had been put in each barrel.

Maybe this is a stupid thought/question. I think Elon tweeted the stock was too high to prove that he doesn't care about the value of his shares and isn't trying to reopen Fremont because he cares more about money than people. But, could he have also done it in an attempt to drive the SP low enough on purpose so that he no longer gets the stock compensation, and would that impact Tesla financials in Q2? (Bear trap)?

I have no idea what I'm talking about and throwing it out there for others to ponder. (Where is Fact Checking when you need him!)

Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk on Twitter

I mean I don't even know what to say. Clearly no one close to him is having any influence on pulling him out of this conspiracy theory he's deep in. This stuff is so damaging to him and the brand, especially explicitly attacking liberals or whatever.

@Right_Said_Fred please ask this poster to stop. I’ve read no less than 30 posts with him ranting repeatedly about Elon’s conspiracy theory beliefs. He’s not adding new information. It you won’t, then just pass me the baton and I’ll put an end to it. Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: 50 posts

Last edited:
Maybe this is a stupid thought/question. I think Elon tweeted the stock was too high to prove that he doesn't care about the value of his shares and isn't trying to reopen Fremont because he cares more about money than people. But, could he have also done it in an attempt to drive the SP low enough on purpose so that he no longer gets the stock compensation, and would that impact Tesla financials in Q2? (Bear trap)?

I have no idea what I'm talking about and throwing it out there for others to ponder. (Where is Fact Checking when you need him!)
No, he’s splitting the stock because it’s too expensive. He didn’t say it was overvalued

I’m a staunch supporter. Tell me how I was hurt today. I don’t feel hurt.
If you didn't lose money, you lost hours today reading all the posts about that tweet. As we all did. I was hurt both ways, as was my employer. I wasn't nearly as productive today working from home as I could have been.

Thanks to COVID, we are also lifting plastic bag ban and reusable bags are banned:
California Lifts Ban on Plastic Bags Amid Virus Concerns
I cannot imagine how much PPE going to land fill each day, gonna be environmental disaster.

So, yeah. My local store went from we pack your groceries in your reusable bags or you pay for paper bags to you have to pack your own groceries in your reusable bags or we’ll pack in paper bags for no charge to we’ll pack your groceries in your reusable bags or we’ll pack in paper bags you pay for to you can’t bring reusable bags into the store and you have to pay for paper bags to no reusable bags and our paper bags are free to we’re packing everything in plastic bags, which were banned like 2 years ago.

Not even exaggerating a little bit. I started walking into the store, flagging someone down to get the bag protocols before I started shopping.

I personally think this will all pass. I know Curt sold and he is a longtime supporter and valuable member of TMC, but maybe this was in his retirement account (I don’t know) and so it is easier to sell. Elon’s tweets were unfortunate but the only one which could have a lasting impact with legal ramifications is the one about Tesla shares being overpriced and I think his “IMO” makes it ok.

Could this go to $300? Sure. I think it should be at $300 in this economy with a closed factory, but somehow it is at $700. Having learned from many mistakes, sometimes you have to take the risk and hold because you never know when the factory could open or other factors might change. When will buyers rush in and stop a drop in stock price, I don’t know, but I do know that there are a lot of people in the world including myself who wish they had more shares.

So be careful before you sell. Don’t make mistakes I made in the past which left me with a massive tax bill and less shares in the only company I care to own. Don’t, in a moment of weakness,let the vultures swoop in and steal what you’ve know all along is very valuable.

Last edited:
So, yeah. My local store went from we pack your groceries in your reusable bags or you pay for paper bags to you have to pack your own groceries in your reusable bags or we’ll pack in paper bags for no charge to we’ll pack your groceries in your reusable bags or we’ll pack in paper bags you pay for to you can’t bring reusable bags into the store and you have to pay for paper bags to no reusable bags and our paper bags are free to we’re packing everything in plastic bags, which were banned like 2 years ago.

Not even exaggerating a little bit. I started walking into the store, flagging someone down to get the bag protocols before I started shopping.

Thanks for sharing. This is getting way OT, but our local recycling contracts were suspended almost immediately after shutdown. Talk about not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time...

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3 and Krugerrand
Disregard if this from Adam Jonas was already shared here.

705E9A87-DB0D-46D9-808D-45FF77855AC9.png

The first time Elon announced he felt the stock price was too high...I liked it. He was being honest. This led me to invest more.
Likely he is still being honest. Hence, the stock at 800 was overpriced. ...
Running out of Outlets
The argument of Elon being honest is baloney. Why didn't Elon tweet stock price overvalued when Tesla was raising capital two months ago? Why didn't he call out the government of China?
He's simply out of control in dealing his own emotions, and rant recklessly. The board needs to step in!
His calls on opening US is counter-productive, bad for Tesla - opening the Fremont factory is a battle of public support, and he's sinking the support by putting liberty ahead of health safety. He should just use his super mega-microphone to make the case specific to Tesla:
The spreading rate is the bay area is low and the curve has flattened, and Tesla is capable of opening the factory safely along with the overall health safety goal.
If he is compelled to take the issue broadly, make some positive suggestions instead of forcing the case as an ideology fight. For example, the bay area/US should put those diagnosed and needed to be isolated in public run facilities, just like those successful Asian countries do. So we could contain the spread without needing to blindly confine people in their own homes.

@TrendTrader007

·
1s

$TSLA stockCharts is extremely scary on weekly it is to inverted hammer and double top I fully expect to go down to $325 a share in short order it could even test all time low off $175 over the next several weeks
This is ridiculous. Did you read the earnings report?

Edit: It seems like you've made millions in the past few months, and got extremely lucky going to cash yesterday. Congratulations. Do you really need to post this crap so you can get in even lower next time?

Last edited:

@TrendTrader007

·
1s

$TSLA stockCharts is extremely scary on weekly it is to inverted hammer and double top I fully expect to go down to $325 a share in short order it could even test all time low off $175 over the next several weeks

If only you had a track record of being correct on your past predictions of, oh, say, even 1% I could then entertain the minuscule chance that you are correct this time.

But thank you most kindly for your full expectation of $325 and your could even test $175.

If it please you, could you define ‘several’ weeks for me. That’s more than 3, right? But is it more than 6? Less than 10? I just want to know how much time I have to collect money on the street corner and of course hold your feet to the prediction fire if you’re wrong because — you know, talk is cheap, but results...