Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
‘Found’?

Like you opened your freezer and moved the dead body and Blam! the bag of 11,000 one dollar bills you’d collected as a kid, but forgot about, was there?

Or, you were digging in the rose garden of your new home and found an old tobacco can jammed full of $100 bills?
Promised by a Nigerian prince.

I was just writing, from a negotiating standpoint, an offer of land is better than a done deal. It still gives Tulsa an opportunity to counter with a sweeter offer.
Along those lines, I can see how this was choreographed... Elon wants the Tulsa site so somehow the Austin negotiations are exposed to get the Tulsa Politicians to understand how concrete and close the dynamics are to the ending...

Maybe that's more up your ally

Actually, we are looking to replace the S with an Audi - waiting to see the GT reveal at the end of the year. At least the service will be better. So yes, something else will be more up my alley.

And my repair costs for the S would be on par with your Volvo if we had bought new. Luckily, it is a CPO, so Tesla has been eating those thousands of dollars under their CPO warranty.

Promised by a Nigerian prince.
Actually "found" was used for brevity.
My checking account was getting too fat, especially with the government stimulus check. And I went to my ROTH 401k to see if it could take it and I hadn't even put money in it for last year, though this year somehow I already put about 4 grand in it.
Yes I am a bad boy, a vewy vewy vewy bad boy. I don't know how to make money with money. I just know how not to spend it.

Reactions: wipster
It also may be a leverage point for allowing more direct sales. Even if it's practically that way already, it'd make news that "TEXAS NOW ALLOWS TESLA SALES" which is a key point.

In other news, SP has completely ignored the rumor and the dismissal of that rumor of the land purchase, lol.
Another false new of Fred - Elekctrek blog with no verification of sources…...

Actually "found" was used for brevity.
My checking account was getting too fat, especially with the government stimulus check. And I went to my ROTH 401k to see if it could take it and I hadn't even put money in it for last year, though this year somehow I already put about 4 grand in it.
Yes I am a bad boy, a vewy vewy vewy bad boy. I don't know how to make money with money. I just know how not to spend it.
You can give it to me...

‘Found’?

Like you opened your freezer and moved the dead body and Blam! the bag of 11,000 one dollar bills you’d collected as a kid, but forgot about, was there?

Or, you were digging in the rose garden of your new home and found an old tobacco can jammed full of $100 bills?
I would find 11,000 one dollar bills in my freezer long before I'd have a body in there. Do you know how hard it is to convict someone of a crime without physical evidence? especially murder? Nope. Everything that happens at a crime scene stays at the crime scene.
And I laugh at your reference to the money from my childhood because the only way I have really accrued much money is because I don't like to spend it. I am the world's worst at my money making money. Well except for this one small stock....

Huh. Was not expecting an above $1[comma]000 close today. Like it though! :)

[edit] Oh wait, today is Thursday, somehow I was thinking it had turned into Friday. :oops:
Yeah - tomorrow is the day.

Lots of energy around $1000, and an especially large number of options that expire worthless if they can hit that price on the head.

Then again, 1000.01 only means the calls are worth 1 penny (though shares need to be delivered, and that could be bad if the share price rockets up next week). So maybe there's a little extra interest in hitting 999.99 over 1000.01. H'mmm...

I keep expecting a late and hard push down tomorrow.

Hello again my friends.

RE: My Tesla quality findings.

As I mentioned in an earler posting, I thought it would be interesting to report on the Tesla Model Y I ordered in December. My delivery appointment was for tomorrow at 10am, but I decided to stop by today (since I was in town for business anyway) and see if my car happened to be there. It was, along with 9 other Model Ys. There were also 5 or 6 Model 3s waiting to be delivered.

The cars are amazing looking (my first time seeing one in the flesh) and are absolutely beautiful. Happy to say I couldn't find any slight, or worse paint flaws on any of the vehicles in this batch. There could have been some, but they all weren't squeaky clean, so too hard to be sure. All of them had varying degrees of cleanliness.

They had manufacture dates ranging from 6/13 to 6/15. Mine was 6/14.

Issues:

1.) There were slight door alignment issues (a few millimetres) on at least one door of every Model Y. Some, as many as three of the four doors were at least slightly misaligned. Some very obviously.

None I would say was really bad. (lol, I have an engineering degree, and I'm using very subjective and relative terms! please forgive me.)

2.) All but one Model Y had slight ~2mm) to moderately bad (~4 to 5mm) alignment issues with at least one of the rear tail lights. This is how it aligns along both the chassis and hatchback (where they meet on each side).

3.) All of them also had at least one of their hatchback tail light lenses slightly (again and henceforth for the rest of this conversation, ~2mm) to moderately bad (again ~4 to 5mm) misalignment.

4.) All of them had slightly to moderately misaligned charging doors.

Interestingly, I looked carefully at all the new model 3s being delivered, and all of them had very good alignment of doors and panels. Everything 2mm or less of misalignment. Most were spot on, and I expect that soon - all Model Ys will be this way as well.

This seems to be just normal ramp up stuff for new models. Most importantly, the truest value of the car is far beyond small misalignments. People will see what they want to see. But this I'm confident of, that owners of Model Ys will love their cars.

They are absolutely stunning. Don't listen to the naysayers.

Best

‘Found’?

Last time i checked $11k = $11k......whether there was a dead body or not :D:D:D:D:D