Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am kinda thinking it will be part of the terms Elon demanded in order to build in Texas.

Elon, to Texas Governor: "You want 25,000 new jobs in this state? You have to let me sell a Texas-built product in Texas.
Texas Governor: Yes sir, consider it done.

You forgot

Elon to Gov Abbott "We will move 5k Californians to Texas to vote against you and your Republican legislators at the next election and help turn Texas Blue"

Spoke with someone who works at Tesla (started in 2013) model Y has quality issues. Safe to drive, but most have to have rear hatch realigned, paint problems as well. Tesla Fremont is aware and it has gotten a little better. Good news is Model X issues have been resolved (very few complaints from delivery centers). Most of the Y's have to be sent to a certified body shop to fix bad paint (same as Model 3 launch ) And, of course everyone who I met that works for Tesla is buying the cybrtrck. One of the Tesla employees worked at a wall street firm, only to quit to help with "the mission". He recommended solar panels over solar roof (I didn't ask why) and he has no idea on battery day. He's sells "some" shares at every peak, and buys the dip. He looks exactly like a typical CNBC panelist. He's never doubted Tesla. Almost forgot to tell what pushed him over the edge to quit WS (besides the mission), he bought a 2013 Model S.

Last edited:
Spoke with someone who works at Tesla (started in 2013) model Y has quality issues. Safe to drive, but most have to have rear hatch realigned, paint problems as well. Tesla Fremont is aware and it has gotten a little better. Good news is Model X issues have been resolved (very few complaints from delivery centers). Most of the Y's have to be sent to a certified body shop to fix bad paint (same as Model 3 launch ) And, of course everyone who I met that works for Tesla is buying the cybrtrck. One of the Tesla employees worked at a wall street firm, only to quit to help with "the mission". He recommended solar panels over solar roof (I didn't ask why) and he has no idea on battery day. He's sells "some" shares at every peak, and buys the dip. He looks exactly like a typical CNBC panelist. He's never doubted Tesla. Almost forgot to tell what pushed him over the edge to quit WS (besides the mission), he bought a 2013 Model S.
Did you tell him this is the last week for him to get shares 'under' 4 digits? :D:D:D:D

Didn't Tesla promote the head of the paint shop to head of production at Fremont? hmm...o_O

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11
I assume by "most", you mean "most of the small percentage of Model Ys that have issues".

Reactions: wtlloyd
On more thing. He said only way for a Texas factory to happen is if they allow Tesla the right to sell their cars. I told him the state legislature isn't scheduled to meet (until next year?) He said no license to sell, no factory.

All it takes:

F94CCF02-E36C-4B70-B8D7-F0C6D6FD9A59.jpeg

Excellent! While I won't be driving through three Western sized states to see it, it does provide renewed hope that production is not delayed. One change I'm looking forward to seeing is the "crease" in the center of the truck is reportedly a bit more level. I think this will look fantastic!

Also, an automotive museum? When will they display it at a modern art museum? :cool:

Reactions: Curt Renz
On more thing. He said only way for a Texas factory to happen is if they allow Tesla the right to sell their cars. I told him the state legislature isn't scheduled to meet (until next year?) He said no license to sell, no factory.

What's his position?

I disagree that he knows what he's talking about (most employees at most large companies don't know squat). He's probably a low-level production manager or paper pusher. No way would Tesla hold up factory construction until next year, especially not for a measly license to sell legally in Texas. Some people have a not so hidden need to make themselves appear more important than they really are.

LOL
I would estimate that 9 out of 10 Certified Public Accountants do not understand Deferred Taxes.
It's difficult to understand and most CPAs do not work in this area.

Here is a simple way to look at it.
View attachment 553129

On the schedule above, when a company has losses of $7B, they could record $1.95B in Tax Income because these losses will offset what they have to pay in the future. The $7B in losses offsets the $7B in Income.

This is what Tesla did:
View attachment 553133

Since Tesla did not record the $1.95B tax income in years 1-16, they will be able to recognize it in the future years.
It is possible they will record it all in one year or over a few years. Once the auditors are comforable that Tesla can show pre-tax income on an Annual basis, they will bring some or all of the $1.95B to the Income Statement. It counts as GAAP income.
Nope.

I understand deferred. I understand what Tesla did. I do not understand ‘tax income’. When is tax ever ‘income’? Is this reference to ‘collecting’ tax on each car? So they ‘collected’ 1.95B in taxes from car/solar/product sales that they have not yet paid to the state and country (Fed)?
Deferred Taxes isn't that a place outside of Austin?