Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally was able to sell my NIO (for a tiny profit) and I transferred all I could from my HSA account to a trading account.
Selling my SEDG tomorrow.

I thought I was all in on TSLA...but now after consulting with my "untuned" crystal ball I am going to 11 with TSLA.

Glad for the opportunity of a life time....go big or go home I have heard works well.

Island's are challenging and I need resources.

In other words....wheeeeeeee!
Why selling SEDG? Is a big winner for me up 500%. What has changed?

Reactions: Skryll
haha I was about to post this too. It is up 10$ AH which is just 1% :). But seriously just watching the ticker go crazy seems like it was either some margin calls or somebody knows something and that something is now confirmed. Or maybe Jonas’s clients are done with their purchases and it’s time for the stock to moon, upgrade coming in the AM.

Barring a macro dip I don’t see how MMs can keep this under 1000 tomorrow.
Investors will need a clear indicator that the market is still bullish tomorrow. SPY has been range bound since Tuesday and so the action favors the bears tomorrow. If we break out of range on the upside look for investors to jump in and push this thing, if we remain in range don’t be surprised to see a push down. It’s like clockwork on Friday’s but a push to the upside could be overwhelming to any manipulation. Keep an eye on it in the morning.

If we break out of range on the upside look for investors to jump in and push this thing, if we remain in range don’t be surprised to see a push down. It’s like clockwork on Friday’s but a push to the upside could be overwhelming to any manipulation. Keep an eye on it in the morning.

OK, got it!

If we break out into a new higher range in the morning, then we can look for more upside. If we don't break out of the range to the upside, then we can look for some more downside.

I'm glad I know what's going on tomorrow! When should I buy? ;)

Investors will need a clear indicator that the market is still bullish tomorrow. SPY has been range bound since Tuesday and so the action favors the bears tomorrow. If we break out of range on the upside look for investors to jump in and push this thing, if we remain in range don’t be surprised to see a push down. It’s like clockwork on Friday’s but a push to the upside could be overwhelming to any manipulation. Keep an eye on it in the morning.

Agreed, BUT those $1,000 call options will still act like somewhat of a magnet, because many of the owners will take profit at some point -> allow MMs to sell the shares they hold for delta hedging -> put downward pressure on SP.

10k call options expiring at the EoD can be thought of as someone making a day trade for 1M shares (in reality probably a little less than 1M shares are used for delta hedging but close).

OK, got it!

If we break out into a new higher range in the morning, then we can look for more upside. If we don't break out of the range to the upside, then we can look for some more downside.

I'm glad I know what's going on tomorrow! When should I buy? ;)
Haha very funny. But really there’s a good chance the market can be relatively flat tomorrow as it has been since Tuesday and still have TSLA get knocked down a decent amount. The only reason TSLA didn’t get to 1030 today was because all market indicators are telling investors to wait. There’s no clear direction. The market swallowed a lot of bad news this week. I think tomorrow afternoon is extremely important to the market going forward. I don’t expect it to be range bound much longer. The levee breaks soon.
I’m glad Tesla has been able to stay so far ahead!

I personally feel that with so much money sitting on the sidelines waiting to jump back in that we will only see a small dip before the whole market goes nuts(Q2 numbers for the whole market will likely present this dip) . There is a lot of buying to happen this year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tesla start skipping into that 1200 target after Q3.

Business case, I don't think this has been posted...

EDIT:: After watching it is isn't a particularly deep dive, it is missing the aggregate effect of V2G in an Autobiddler controlled VPP. This is more powerful and makes more money in aggregate..

The really big price action happens in the wholesale market, not the retail market.

Last edited:
Also, today's TSLA action
fae1fa90b9d47809257a9d9b7ad5bbe8-jpg.553290

It sounds like you're craving a tweet from Elon commenting on the share price or something. :confused:

Robinhood users are continuing to aggressively buy TSLA. The number of Robinhood users holding TSLA has increased by more than a third over the past month, up to over 300,000 now.

robin.jpg

Perhaps most interesting is that nobody appears to be selling TSLA at $800-1,000. In fact, it looks like there wasn't a single day in the past month where the total number of Robinhood users holding TSLA decreased.

Tesla releases new solar panel, slashes prices - Electrek

'For comparison, in California, Tesla previously listed a 7.56 kW medium-size solar system for $19,500 or $2.58 per watt before incentives, and $14,430 after the federal tax credit.

With the new solar panels, which are 10% more powerful according to a source familiar with the matter, Tesla’s medium-size solar system outputs now 8.16 kW and it costs just $16,000 before incentives or $1.96 per watt.'

Tesla releases new solar panel, slashes prices - Electrek

'For comparison, in California, Tesla previously listed a 7.56 kW medium-size solar system for $19,500 or $2.58 per watt before incentives, and $14,430 after the federal tax credit.

With the new solar panels, which are 10% more powerful according to a source familiar with the matter, Tesla’s medium-size solar system outputs now 8.16 kW and it costs just $16,000 before incentives or $1.96 per watt.'

I put in my order for Tesla Solar Panels in 2019.

Still waiting. :eek:

I don't always like the angle he takes with his reporting but I strongly believe Fred is an honest guy and his work has done a lot to accelerate the advent of EVs.

Of course, saying you don't trust his reporting and questioning his honesty are two different things.

I trust that he's basically honest but I question his reporting accuracy and fairness. I think he discovered how much $$ he could make running his EV website/blog and it flipped a switch in his brain. The money rules and everything else takes a backseat.

I usually buy Friday at close and it nearly always is a good play. I’m tempted to go in deep EOD Friday but will be watching COVID / Macros carefully before pulling the trigger this time around.

Several recent Friday's have shown a rise in stock price during the final hour as traders pick up shares for a possible Monday Morning Buyers' Exuberance. Cat's out of the bag, you and I have plenty of company. If the stock price isn't too much above 1000 going into the final couple of hours trading on Friday, I'll likely buy a leap before the traders start bidding up the stock price. That leap will have the same strike as a current leap of mine, but I'll buy one with a later expiration date. Once the old leap is at least as valuable as the purchased leap, I'll set about deciding when to sell the older leap in my tax-free IRA.