Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Volkswagen in talks with rivals on making operating system for car of the future
Reuters

Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) is in talks with rival carmakers about developing an operating system for the car of the future, Christian Senger, its board member responsible for digital services and software, said.
“The operating system is not something that we will control on our own. We will define its core and then quickly include open-source components, to create standards. This will create opportunities for partnerships,” Senger said.

:rolleyes:

Volkswagen in talks with rivals on making operating system for car of the future
Reuters

Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) is in talks with rival carmakers about developing an operating system for the car of the future, Christian Senger, its board member responsible for digital services and software, said.
“The operating system is not something that we will control on our own. We will define its core and then quickly include open-source components, to create standards. This will create opportunities for partnerships,” Senger said.

TL/DR:

Plz halp. -Volkswagen

Reuters

They still don't get it even after the ID3 fiasco. If you don't control the batteries and software, you can't compete with Tesla. And by control, I mean bring it in house.

As we approach father's day, which a lot of you are on TMC, I think it is important to sit back and reflect on what we have and not what we don't have, this article from the famed investor Jack Bogle really hits reality, have a read if you have a few minutes to spare:

Vanguard’s John Bogle gives tips for life on Father’s Day

Excerpt:

“Never let things — the material possessions you may come to accumulate — become the measure of your life. It is an easy trap to fall into during these days of such material abundance in America, or at least in the privileged part of America that we see — with grander homes, bigger stores, more powerful cars, smarter phones, more exotic rock concerts, more sophisticated toys for children, and more elaborate toys for grown-ups, a cornucopia of things almost beyond measure."

“Even when the world turns against you and ridicules your ideas, ‘Press on, regardless.’ Try to make things happen, and treat everybody as an equal. I can’t stand it when somebody demeans somebody who’s doing the hard work. The world should work exactly the opposite. They should get much more credit than the big shots and suits.”

Surprise, surprise, the typical large sell orders being entered and pulled to likely cap the price. Seems like $1008 is the capping target right now to prevent us from getting above $1010. I guess they are trying to keep us as close to $1,000 as possible to maybe setup for an afternoon pushdown. Once again, time to get out the popcorn to see if the manipulators are successful or get crushed. Hopefully, there is a happy ending and they get crushed.

And your "To Do List" just keeps getting longer.

Well, keeps me off the streets. Seriously though, I have several 100's $TSLA in my core account, I sell covered calls against those and buy more. That's a good use of the capital and increases my long position.

But more fun is the trading account, which is totally separate. And with the depth of knowledge we have here, combined with the options charts... well it's a license to print money, basically. I earn a good whack in my day job, but I'm pulling in 2x more from trading.

In fact I'm aiming at giving up the day-job, but figured I need at least double the current trading capital to make that happen. Plus maybe $TSLA to go 2-3x where it is now so the wife can buy a fancy house, which would then save us monthly rental payments.

What a change from June 2019, eh?

Well, keeps me off the streets. Seriously though, I have several 100's $TSLA in my core account, I sell covered calls against those and buy more. That's a good use of the capital and increases my long position.

But more fun is the trading account, which is totally separate. And with the depth of knowledge we have here, combined with the options charts... well it's a license to print money, basically. I earn a good whack in my day job, but I'm pulling in 2x more from trading.

In fact I'm aiming at giving up the day-job, but figured I need at least double the current trading capital to make that happen. Plus maybe $TSLA to go 2-3x where it is now so the wife can buy a fancy house, which would then save us monthly rental payments.

What a change from June 2019, eh?

Giving up Day Job? Make sure you can make it work for a few other Stocks.

Once TSLA goes to S&P, Stock is going to be more stable and Volatility is also gonna stabalize. cheers!!