Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1273862674716127233
Elon has confirmed that a coming Tesla software update will no longer require green light confirmation - as long as you are following a car. This is probably seen as an important enabler for city NOA introduction.

I wonder if the dropping of the confirmation makes the realized gains of FSD larger. Perhaps if they didn't realize the gains already, they can now?

I also wonder if it's going to be released prior to EOQ. It's got 11 days to beta test.

Several recent Friday's have shown a rise in stock price during the final hour as traders pick up shares for a possible Monday Morning Buyers' Exuberance. Cat's out of the bag, you and I have plenty of company. If the stock price isn't too much above 1000 going into the final couple of hours trading on Friday, I'll likely buy a leap before the traders start bidding up the stock price. That leap will have the same strike as a current leap of mine, but I'll buy one with a later expiration date. Once the old leap is at least as valuable as the purchased leap, I'll set about deciding when to sell the older leap in my tax-free IRA.

Thanks for the excellent analysis you put out every day, we appreciate it very much. Your analysis has taught me a lot, most importantly to look for specific manipulative patterns which otherwise I would have never noticed. I have gotten into a habit of reading your post before going to bed - in CA it is usually around midnight. I am looking to pick up a few options tomorrow as well - so hope the manipulators are successful for at least some portion of time tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1273862674716127233
Elon has confirmed that a coming Tesla software update will no longer require green light confirmation - as long as you are following a car. This is probably seen as an important enabler for city NOA introduction.
It feels like noticeable upgrades are coming through more frequently now. Not too much left that you need to manually intervene for in ideal circumstances anymore.

It feels like noticeable upgrades are coming through more frequently now. Not too much left that you need to manually intervene for in ideal circumstances anymore.

I guess the bigger the fleet, the more data, the faster they can verify with 99.99% accuracy that things work as expected. I'm a bit of a skeptic of full FSD any time soon, but I have to admit that its looking better and better. I do actually worry that by the time the model Y is available in the UK, they will be happily able to charge a lot more for the FSD option that now. (I worry because I want one...not as an investor :D).

I guess the bigger the fleet, the more data, the faster they can verify with 99.99% accuracy that things work as expected. I'm a bit of a skeptic of full FSD any time soon, but I have to admit that its looking better and better. I do actually worry that by the time the model Y is available in the UK, they will be happily able to charge a lot more for the FSD option that now. (I worry because I want one...not as an investor :D).

It sounds like we may be close to a coast-to-coast drive? :oops:

Despite the delay this would be an exciting accomplishment.

Reactions: capster
Anyone else using IBKR? For some reason TSLA isn't showing up in:

New Window -> Scanners -> Advanced Market Scanner -> Volume ($) (HIGH-LOW)

Is it just me, or is this a bug on IB's side?

doesn't show up for me either despite it being ~$2M already

upload_2020-6-19_10-19-17.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Char and FrankSG
doesn't show up for me either despite it being ~$2M already

View attachment 553508

You should be able to search for $ Volume directly btw:

IB $ Volume.jpg

I see a lot more companies missing from your list, such as AMZN:

IB $ Volume List.jpg

Looks like TSLA just showed up for me, so I assume there was a temporary problem on IB's side for the first 25 minutes after pre market opened.

• Disagree
Reactions: Singuy
$1018.89 a pretty nice climb has been going on since the stock closed yesterday.

There has only been one day so far that the stock was above $1000 all day, June 10th, but that was a special case. I wonder if today will be the first day since then that TSLA will stay above $1000 all day.

Maybe until 15:59, then will drop below :p

I wonder if the dropping of the confirmation makes the realized gains of FSD larger. Perhaps if they didn't realize the gains already, they can now?

I also wonder if it's going to be released prior to EOQ. It's got 11 days to beta test.

I don't understand what the big deal is for this. The car used to do this without me pressing the stock. Should be the easiest to implement before eoq.

haha I was about to post this too. It is up 10$ AH which is just 1% :). But seriously just watching the ticker go crazy seems like it was either some margin calls or somebody knows something and that something is now confirmed. Or maybe Jonas’s clients are done with their purchases and it’s time for the stock to moon, upgrade coming in the AM.

Barring a macro dip I don’t see how MMs can keep this under 1000 tomorrow.

Quoting my own post because I thought the late buying AH yesterday was potentially because of an upgrade but did not expect this lol. 240 to 275 folks, that’s a nearly 15% upside :)

JP MORGAN RAISES TARGET PRICE TO $275 FROM $240

Quoting my own post because I thought the late buying AH yesterday was potentially because of an upgrade but did not expect this lol. 240 to 275 folks, that’s a nearly 15% upside :)

JP MORGAN RAISES TARGET PRICE TO $275 FROM $240
Looks like a math error on their part. Those pesky decimal points.