Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question..

If I understand the theory correctly, SP will gravitate to max pain because call sellers will try to keep the SP below their strike price, and put sellers will try to keep the SP above their strike price, in both cases to make sure the options expire worthless. So these are counter-acting influences on the SP which will make it gravitate towards the weighted average of all outstanding call and put strikes..

So, since this is about market manipulation by the big players, does it not follow that one should only count MM-sold options for calculating max pain, given that small retail investors can't really influence the SP by selling or buying the shares?

Or are the quantity of options sold by small investors too insignificant to make a difference?
Yes, I think that's the assumption, and yes, I think it is also correct.

But I think there's another aspect to the whole "max pain" theory. Most of the market makers use "delta hedging", so the relative effects of selling options are roughly equivalent to the relative effects of buying/shorting stock, for them. So they actually have relatively little reason to futz with the stock price. But there are other forces out there, who are big players but not the market makers, and who might not have been hedged in that way. Say one of them had written a lot of $1005 calls yesterday. They have a big incentive to keep the price down. Anyway, that's just my theory, that we can't assume that all the big players and market makers all have the same goal.

There's probably a reason there are no car factories, or any other factories, right next to Nasa launch sites even on land. They are not gonna use an off shore launch site for anything Tesla related. That's not even considering it would be more expensive in so many ways doing any car to ship loading off shore.

And I'll bet all my Tesla stocks they are not planning on sending any Teslas to customers via rockets.
So not one single tesla will be delivered by rocket...um one is already on its way
And the moon rover...who is gonna make it?
And when Mars is colonized? No Teslas?

Latest video from Jack Rickard about the delay of battery day.
Usual pumping up Tesla's superior battery tech and industry lead.
I urge you to watch it all the way through.

To save time, beginning around 13th minute he gives his "epiphany" theory; battery day delay is so Elon can announce that the new hi-spec battery is already in the current cars, thus avoiding any Osbourne effect. I think TMC members figured that out long ago :)

tesla 10.jpg
tesla 9.jpg
tesla 8.jpg
tesla 7.jpg
tsla 6.jpg
tesla 5.jpg
tesla 4.jpg
tesla 3.jpg
tesla 2.jpg
tesla 1.jpg

There's probably a reason there are no car factories, or any other factories, right next to Nasa launch sites even on land. They are not gonna use an off shore launch site for anything Tesla related. That's not even considering it would be more expensive in so many ways doing any car to ship loading off shore.

And I'll bet all my Tesla stocks they are not planning on sending any Teslas to customers via rockets.

Umm, there’s Tesla roadster that was sent into space already and it’s just waiting to be collected, possibly by me :cool:.

And a couple of dents too, but is impressive.
Some people diamond shield or whatever it's called their cars....me I drive them...when they get a scratch it's like a grey hair or wrinkle around the eye's.

It says I have lived a little.

My cybertruck is gonna tell a story...it will never get washed!

Troy raised his Q2 deliveries estimate to 85,000, and 2020 estimate to 504,000. Wall Street is expecting around 66,000 for Q2 and something equally ridiculous like 420,000 for 2020.

https://twitter.com/TroyTeslike/status/1274211176801435648

Which is why Troy shouldn't even bother putting out estimates until around this time of every quarter. He does this every quarter. Starts out low on his estimates based on incompete data and then constantly revises

Just admit that your user survey doesn't work for the first 2 and a half months of each quarter :rolleyes: